The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: Boycey on January 08, 2017, 10:31:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2017, 07:38:47 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 08, 2017, 05:50:25 PM
Youngest starting line up in Liverpool's history apparently, average age of 21. Didn't see any of it but heard it was a poor game and Plymouth just put the entire 11 behind the ball.
Play the same young team in the replay. No harm done as regards the first team XI really.
Be good for the younger lads to get another game.

It was a tough game for such an inexperienced team. Plymouth held their shape and barely ventured past the edge of their box for the vast majority of the game. No harm to expose players like that to that kind of problem, as if they make it at Liverpool or some other top club, they'll have to deal with it, albeit with more experienced colleagues with a bit more imagination, speed and movement.

I agree on same again next day. If they get through it, great. If not, who gives a bollocks? Its not worth possibly losing ground in the league at this stage of the competition.

I disagree most of the other top teams rested plenty of players but were able to field a strong enough team to win. There is no reason someone like Sturridge for instance who hasn't had much football recently couldn't have started..

How do you know? You don't know anything about the situation really.

Boycey

Quote from: supersub on January 08, 2017, 10:40:02 PM
Youngest starting line up in Liverpool's history apparently, average age of 21. Didn't see any of it but heard it was a poor game and Plymouth just put the entire 11 behind the ball.
Play the same young team in the replay. No harm done as regards the first team XI really.

It was a tough game for such an inexperienced team. Plymouth held their shape and barely ventured past the edge of their box for the vast majority of the game. No harm to expose players like that to that kind of problem, as if they make it at Liverpool or some other top club, they'll have to deal with it, albeit with more experienced colleagues with a bit more imagination, speed and movement.

I agree on same again next day. If they get through it, great. If not, who gives a bollocks? Its not worth possibly losing ground in the league at this stage of the competition.

I disagree most of the other top teams rested plenty of players but were able to field a strong enough team to win. There is no reason someone like Sturridge for instance who hasn't had much football recently couldn't have started..

How do you know? You don't know anything about the situation really.

?

J70

Sturridge got a knock at Sunderland though and didn't train this week. I was surprised he came on at all, figuring he'd want to save him for the Southampton and United games. I'm sure if they'd managed to score, he wouldn't have come on at all.

supersub

Not you personally but anyone - Sturridge might not have been fit enough to start the game.

Hereiam

Was it the Plymouth keeper who was done for killin a child while drink drivin

gawa316

Recently been injured, hadn't started a game since the injury and with his record of injury...don't see the point of starting him him tbh with big games on the horizon.

Team out today should've had a enough but that's the way things go sometimes in football. The team had 400 odd league starts between them with Lucas having more than half of them. One 17, one 18 and three 19 yr olds...some bright futures ahead...the only way that line up today was a mistake is if the replay line up is massively different.

JoG2

gawa316

Quote from: JoG2 on January 11, 2017, 12:01:02 PM
Coutinho fit?

Reckon he'll get from minutes from the bench tonight

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on January 11, 2017, 02:38:10 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 11, 2017, 12:01:02 PM
Coutinho fit?

Reckon he'll get from minutes from the bench tonight
Yeah can't see him starting anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

#LFC XI: Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Lucas, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge #SOULIV

#LFC substitutes: Mignolet, Gomez, Moreno, Stewart, Coutinho, Woodburn, Origi #SOULIV

The Stallion

Can't believe Klopp is risking injury to first team players in this tinpot trophy game. Stupid decision.

StGallsGAA

Has the attempted child-killer Firminho not been sent to jail yet?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.