The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2018, 10:09:03 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 05, 2018, 09:53:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2018, 09:19:04 AM
Quote from: passedit on June 05, 2018, 09:17:59 AM
https://streamable.com/sb7kj

Clear push
did he make contact with Karius or not? no one is arguing he got pushed! My God ::)

He did, but had he not have been pushed... Should have been a penalty

Don't be stupid. The push had absolutely nothing to do with him elbowing Karius in the face

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on June 05, 2018, 10:32:16 AM

Clear push
did he make contact with Karius or not? no one is arguing he got pushed! My God ::)

Don't be stupid. The push had absolutely nothing to do with him elbowing Karius in the face

So he was just going to elbow him anyways?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

passedit

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 05, 2018, 10:28:01 AM
Quote from: gallsman on June 05, 2018, 09:59:31 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 05, 2018, 01:30:56 AM
If he was concussed would he at least not have gone down injured for a while. Or better yet been replaced by Mignolet before the catastrophe.

Breathtaking ignorance of concussion right there.

Concussion is all about education. Rugby had the "man up" "sure he looks grand" shit for years, only now is it getting it's act together, same with NFL, horse-racing etc. Soccer and GAA miles behind.

Quote"Tell him he's Pele and get him back on." Partick Thistle manager John Lambie, when told his concussed striker did not know who he was

http://www.tellhimhespele.com/

None of what happened that night reflects well on Liverpool, how many backroom staff do they have? To miss that?

As for the 'team', Karius walking off alone was bad enough but Ramos walking off at all says a lot about their spirit.
Don't Panic

johnnycool

Clear push

Ramos is a one man wrecking ball and the footballing dark arts version of Lord Voldemort.

FIFA must recognise this brilliance with a trophy like the "Golder Elbow" or the likes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on June 05, 2018, 10:38:49 AM

Clear push

Ramos is a one man wrecking ball and the footballing dark arts version of Lord Voldemort.

FIFA must recognise this brilliance with a trophy like the "Golder Elbow" or the likes.

Most GAA clubs have a Ramos
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2018, 10:35:59 AM

Clear push

So he was just going to elbow him anyways?

He saw the chance to elbow him and did it. That's it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: passedit on June 05, 2018, 10:37:47 AM
If he was concussed would he at least not have gone down injured for a while. Or better yet been replaced by Mignolet before the catastrophe.

Concussion is all about education. Rugby had the "man up" "sure he looks grand" shit for years, only now is it getting it's act together, same with NFL, horse-racing etc. Soccer and GAA miles behind.

Quote"Tell him he's Pele and get him back on." Partick Thistle manager John Lambie, when told his concussed striker did not know who he was

None of what happened that night reflects well on Liverpool, how many backroom staff do they have? To miss that?

As for the 'team', Karius walking off alone was bad enough but Ramos walking off at all says a lot about their spirit.

This was the champions league final, not a junior championship game.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

passedit

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 05, 2018, 11:27:26 AM
Quote from: passedit on June 05, 2018, 10:37:47 AM

This was the champions league final, not a junior championship game.

Didn't hold Ramos back.
Don't Panic

johnnycool

J70

brokencrossbar1

Ramos is a tr**p, no moreso than countless players in a GAA team, friends and foe. Hell I've taken men out myself and thought little of it. The thing that irritated me most about it was that he could have been knobbled back. It's not the fair aybwqy of doing things but f**k it the biggest club prize
In the game was up for grabs and it should have happened. Plenty of opportunities in the box during a corner etc. Set the runner up and do a screen a la basketball and shoulder him in the face. Too bloody nice.

Anyway it's all done but I have to laugh at the obsessive behaviour of some in here. It works both ways to the United thread as well.

J70

I've no particular issue with Ramos myself. He is a class player, and plays on the edge. So what? As has been said, there was nothing stopping a Liverpool player coming in hard on him in return, while Liverpool have had plenty such players in the past. It's not too long since we all had a chuckle on here when someone posted a photoshop mock-up of Carragher cleaning Nani out of it at Anfield and leaving him in tears (and injured, I think), while Souness, Smith, even McMahon etc are club legends who could leave an opponent in a heap when "required". It's a contact sport.

The concerning issue with Karius is if no one took (or realized they needed to take) steps during the game to address the issue.

Armamike

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 05, 2018, 12:32:20 PM
Ramos is a tr**p, no moreso than countless players in a GAA team, friends and foe. Hell I've taken men out myself and thought little of it. The thing that irritated me most about it was that he could have been knobbled back. It's not the fair aybwqy of doing things but f**k it the biggest club prize
In the game was up for grabs and it should have happened. Plenty of opportunities in the box during a corner etc. Set the runner up and do a screen a la basketball and shoulder him in the face. Too bloody nice.

Anyway it's all done but I have to laugh at the obsessive behaviour of some in here. It works both ways to the United thread as well.

Liverpool don't have anybody with the mentality to take out the opposition.  You'd expect in any side there's a centre back or a midfielder fit to do a bit of enforcing when needed but Liverpool have ball players and thats it.  Henderson as captain is a good lad, but not an ounce of wickedness in him.

With Ramos, the retaliation should have been got in first.
That's just, like your opinion man.

angermanagement

Keita will add a bit of nastiness to the midfield next season.

Boycey

Quote from: Armamike on June 05, 2018, 12:49:58 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 05, 2018, 12:32:20 PM

Liverpool don't have anybody with the mentality to take out the opposition.  You'd expect in any side there's a centre back or a midfielder fit to do a bit of enforcing when needed but Liverpool have ball players and thats it.  Henderson as captain is a good lad, but not an ounce of wickedness in him.

With Ramos, the retaliation should have been got in first.

Jordan should have unleashed this on him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R7UCUTpHN4 that would have shown him...

bc1 on your point its not really Ramos you want to knobble more Ronaldo or on the night in question Bale?