Euro 2024

Started by statto, May 22, 2024, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

c***ts have a touch of the Armagh about them.

Main Street

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 07, 2024, 09:40:07 PMEngland beaten and didn't score against Iceland in Wembley tonight. Number of English supporters made their exit ten minutes before of the end of the game.

According to Brian Kerr that England result and performance will calm down the hype about them
Not if you listened to the post match punditry on CH4,  the chorus was "We can still win Euro 2024".

gawa316

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 06, 2024, 06:23:37 PMStrongest English starting 11 from that squad?

You would think the below team would
have a chance

———————Pickford
Walker——Stones——Guehi—-Shaw
———Trent—————-Rice
——————Bellingham
——-Saka——————Foden
———————Kane

Jell 0 Biafra

They surely have a chance.  But there are better teams.   And it's not in England this time. 

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on June 08, 2024, 03:07:46 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 07, 2024, 09:40:07 PMEngland beaten and didn't score against Iceland in Wembley tonight. Number of English supporters made their exit ten minutes before of the end of the game.

According to Brian Kerr that England result and performance will calm down the hype about them
Not if you listened to the post match punditry on CH4,  the chorus was "We can still win Euro 2024".

Damien Delaney on Virgin media said he'd ignore that challenge match and still sees Euro 2024 as England's competition to lose.

toby47

When you see their team (especially the front 6) you fear the f*ckers could do something.

Then you watch them V Iceland and realise they are crap to watch, boring for all the attacking players they have. Not a clue of their best team.

Their last 5 results

England 0 - 1 Iceland
England 3 - 0 Bosnia
England 2 - 2 Belgium           (Bellingham 95th Min)
England 0 - 1 Brazil
England 1 - 1 North Macedonia   (Goal was an OG)

Fingers crossed they flop. France for me.

An Watcher

I see the Dutch are a decent price but have picked up a few injuries.  Should make it to the quarters were Portugal could await.  18/1

nrico2006

Quote from: toby47 on June 12, 2024, 09:19:04 AMWhen you see their team (especially the front 6) you fear the f*ckers could do something.

Then you watch them V Iceland and realise they are crap to watch, boring for all the attacking players they have. Not a clue of their best team.

Their last 5 results

England 0 - 1 Iceland
England 3 - 0 Bosnia
England 2 - 2 Belgium           (Bellingham 95th Min)
England 0 - 1 Brazil
England 1 - 1 North Macedonia   (Goal was an OG)

Fingers crossed they flop. France for me.

How many of those were friendlies?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AustinPowers

Quote from: An Watcher on June 12, 2024, 05:20:35 PMI see the Dutch are a decent price but have picked up a few injuries.  Should make it to the quarters were Portugal could await.  18/1

I have a feeling  a lesser fancied team could win this. The likes of Czech Republic, Turkey , Switzerland Denmark.

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 12, 2024, 06:49:45 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on June 12, 2024, 05:20:35 PMI see the Dutch are a decent price but have picked up a few injuries.  Should make it to the quarters were Portugal could await.  18/1

I have a feeling  a lesser fancied team could win this. The likes of Czech Republic, Turkey , Switzerland Denmark.
Couldn't see it. Maybe cause a few shocks but Germany, France and even England too strong

Capt Pat

If France,Germany, Portugal or England are focused on this then one of them will win. However the top teams aren't always all that interested in winning the euros. Hence wins for the likes of Denmark Greece or Czechoslovakia. The Euros are just not as sought after as the world cup is. Even Italy were not a top team when they won it 4 years ago, getting knocked out in world cup qualifying against lesser teams straight after winning the euros.

I wouldn't be afraid of backing someone like Denmark in this. You never know.

Sportacus

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 12, 2024, 09:15:40 PMIf France,Germany, Portugal or England are focused on this then one of them will win. However the top teams aren't always all that interested in winning the euros. Hence wins for the likes of Denmark Greece or Czechoslovakia. The Euros are just not as sought after as the world cup is. Even Italy were not a top team when they won it 4 years ago, getting knocked out in world cup qualifying against lesser teams straight after winning the euros.

I wouldn't be afraid of backing someone like Denmark in this. You never know.
They were on a world record 37 game unbeaten streak.