Croke Park residents legal bid to halt Garth Brooks concerts?

Started by T Fearon, February 14, 2014, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 16, 2014, 08:09:23 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 16, 2014, 08:01:58 PM
QuoteAre you of the same opinion to those affected by the floods who are complaining about the poor flood defences in their area?

Plenty of people bought property in areas known to flood and took their chances. Likewise with Croke Park/Casement etc, choosing to live beside a stadium where houses might be cheaper etc on the basis that you might be able to stop it being used is not very publicly spirited.

So f*ck them then - it's their own fault, they should have moved and have no right to complain?

Yes.

For my next trick I'm going to buy a dirt-cheap house beside an open-cast coal mine and then complain about the dust.

Jeepers Creepers

I feel sorry for anyone having to put up with Garth Brooks for 5 nights, never-mind his brass belt buckled, Yamaha jacket brigade of followers filing past your house each night ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 16, 2014, 09:12:03 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 16, 2014, 08:09:23 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 16, 2014, 08:01:58 PM
QuoteAre you of the same opinion to those affected by the floods who are complaining about the poor flood defences in their area?

Plenty of people bought property in areas known to flood and took their chances. Likewise with Croke Park/Casement etc, choosing to live beside a stadium where houses might be cheaper etc on the basis that you might be able to stop it being used is not very publicly spirited.

So f*ck them then - it's their own fault, they should have moved and have no right to complain?

Yes.

For my next trick I'm going to buy a dirt-cheap house beside an open-cast coal mine and then complain about the dust.

Well - let's hope that earthquake survival kit you bought has everything you need if the worst happens.
That was never a square ball!!

retiredgael

they are quick enough to sell their free tickets to touts so feck them if they dont like it move along

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 09:21:32 PM
You know what they paid for their houses?

Just because you buy a house beside a GAA stadium doesn't mean you can't be pissed off when you  have to be a prisoner in it if and when the GAA decide to prostitute the ground.

Say every car at the 2020 Ulster final gets its windies put in. You parked it in Andytown, what do you expect. Tough.

Lordy, such myopic reasoning.

Eamonnca1

Just because you buy a house beside a GAA stadium doesn't mean you can't be pissed off when you  have to be a prisoner in it if and when the GAA decide to prostitute the ground.

Yes it does.

Eamonnca1

ONeill

Quote from: ballinaman on February 16, 2014, 06:59:49 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2014, 06:45:00 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 16, 2014, 12:16:39 PM

As hardstation said, people are well more tanked up going to concerts than matches.

Really?
Yes, I've a breathalyzer...check point outside the gaf..surprised you haven't seen me, look like a cross between Ryan Gosling and Jesus.

Here, what's it I owe you? Was it ginger nuts?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

A prisoner? Such drama does nothing for your argument.

Maguire01

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 11:36:38 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 16, 2014, 11:32:21 PM
A prisoner? Such drama does nothing for your argument.
If i lived there, i'd be doing a big shop and pulling the blinds for 5 days. It will be mayhem.
Yes, but if you forget something in your big shop you'll be allowed out for a small shop.

Cold tea

So most people in agreement with the resident's bid are those who don't like Gareth Brooks, that's a great argument.  So if it was some trendy cool artist it would be grand!  :o

Eamonnca1

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 11:36:38 PM
If i lived there, i'd be doing a big shop and pulling the blinds for 5 days. It will be mayhem.

Eamonnca1

ardal

I really bought  a house near an airport. I'm right under a flight path. Those BA bas*ards won'd even  consider moving the flight paths an inch.

Just not PC.

PS saved about 25 grand on an equivilantly sized house and went on a really cool holiday with the difference. Maybe I should have triple glazed the house instead!

Premier Emperor

It's all about hustling for more money and tickets. The GAA used to give residents match tickets and they went out touting them.

The locals will make a fortune minding people's cars who want to park in the surrounding streets.