Croke Park residents legal bid to halt Garth Brooks concerts?

Started by T Fearon, February 14, 2014, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 10:50:37 AM
And the boozed up t**ts standing pissing in their gardens at all hours?

If "boozed up twats are pissing in their gardens at all hours" then it's a matter for law enforcement. If they're getting away with it it's because the Guards aren't doing their jobs, not because there's a concert on.  Only in Ireland would people think that if you get large numbers of people in the same place at the same time then you're inevitably going to have people pissing and puking all over the place. In a reasonably advanced country it should be possible to organize an event like this without taking it as read that the place is going to be wrecked.

Or Slane Girl types round the back of their wheelie bins?

Slane "Girl"?  Wasn't there a boy or two involved in that incident? How come we only ever seem to refer to the female part? How come the prospect of "Slane Girl" types in the street strike terror into everyone's hearts but the prospect of "Slane boy" types never gets a look in, hmm?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on February 16, 2014, 06:43:14 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 16, 2014, 06:40:43 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 16, 2014, 06:31:49 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 09:08:40 AM
It's dead easy when you don't live there.
Exactly. So why do they live there if they hate it so much?

Tough shit Phillipines.
Huh?

Sure, it's dead easy to uproot home and family and move away these days isn't it. Just sell their house and move the whole family out of the area because Garth Brooks want to play a concert. It's mad that a reasonably intelligent poster like yourself would think this is a viable solution. Why don't all the people who live near floods just move? Coming on TV whinging about their houses being ruined! And don't get me started on those who live in earthquake zones!

Why did they move there in the first place? Croke Park out-dates many generations of any family at this stage. The choice was made one way or the other. Sympathy because you choose to live beside the third largest stadium in Europe is in short supply, I'm afraid.

People expect the games - not a five day festival at the whim of some country star. I'm sure one or two days would be fine but five in a row is a bit too much!
That was never a square ball!!

Eamonnca1

Tough shit Phillipines.
Huh?

Sure, it's dead easy to uproot home and family and move away these days isn't it. Just sell their house and move the whole family out of the area because Garth Brooks want to play a concert. It's mad that a reasonably intelligent poster like yourself would think this is a viable solution. Why don't all the people who live near floods just move? Coming on TV whinging about their houses being ruined! And don't get me started on those who live in earthquake zones!

Why did they move there in the first place? Croke Park out-dates many generations of any family at this stage. The choice was made one way or the other. Sympathy because you choose to live beside the third largest stadium in Europe is in short supply, I'm afraid.

+1. Nobody put a gun to their heads and made them move in beside one of the biggest stadiums in Europe. I mean, did they not notice the damn thing towering over them when they were looking for a place to live?

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 16, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

Tough shit Phillipines.
Huh?

People expect the games - not a five day festival at the whim of some country star. I'm sure one or two days would be fine but five in a row is a bit too much!

I think the concept of stadium concerts is pretty well established by this point. If they signed the lease without knowing that it has a license for concerts too then the above applies just as well. Let's be honest, they all went in with their eyes open or else they are incredibly stupid.

Eamonnca1

Sure, it's dead easy to uproot home and family and move away these days isn't it. Just sell their house and move the whole family out of the area because Garth Brooks want to play a concert. It's mad that a reasonably intelligent poster like yourself would think this is a viable solution.
Um, people move all the time. I've moved house about six times in the last ten years. Every Saturday the main roads around here are full of U-Haul trucks. What's the big deal? Are you implying that it's physically impossible for people to do something as common as move from one house to another? Jesus wept!

QuoteWhy don't all the people who live near floods just move? Coming on TV whinging about their houses being ruined! And don't get me started on those who live in earthquake zones!

Aside from the sheer stupidity of comparing unpreventable natural disasters to a concert, I choose to live in earthquake country and I take my chances with it. I take responsibility. I take precautions. I have a survival kit at the ready if the worst does happen. I have earthquake insurance on my house. I live on more solid ground. What I don't do is go whinging to a (non-existent) higher authority angrily demanding that these earthquakes stop.

T Fearon

Where does this end? Should people living beside a busy shopping centre be looked after? Surely if residents have free access to and from their homes, and there is no damage done to their homes or excessive noise they've no legitimate complaints.

Now people whose homes are susceptible to flooding? That's a different matter altogether

ballinaman

Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2014, 06:45:00 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 16, 2014, 12:16:39 PM

As hardstation said, people are well more tanked up going to concerts than matches.

Really?
Yes, I've a breathalyzer...check point outside the gaf..surprised you haven't seen me, look like a cross between Ryan Gosling and Jesus.

rodney trotter

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 16, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

Tough shit Phillipines.
Huh?

Thats whats pissing off the people living there, they were never consulted that further dates would be added by Croke Park. Could have done that much, regardless of how long they have been living there.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 16, 2014, 06:54:34 PM
Sure, it's dead easy to uproot home and family and move away these days isn't it. Just sell their house and move the whole family out of the area because Garth Brooks want to play a concert. It's mad that a reasonably intelligent poster like yourself would think this is a viable solution.
Um, people move all the time. I've moved house about six times in the last ten years. Every Saturday the main roads around here are full of U-Haul trucks. What's the big deal? Are you implying that it's physically impossible for people to do something as common as move from one house to another? Jesus wept!

QuoteWhy don't all the people who live near floods just move? Coming on TV whinging about their houses being ruined! And don't get me started on those who live in earthquake zones!

Aside from the sheer stupidity of comparing unpreventable natural disasters to a concert, I choose to live in earthquake country and I take my chances with it. I take responsibility. I take precautions. I have a survival kit at the ready if the worst does happen. I have earthquake insurance on my house. I live on more solid ground. What I don't do is go whinging to a (non-existent) higher authority angrily demanding that these earthquakes stop.

Of course I'm not comparing a concert to an earthquake  ::). I'm comparing a scenario where someone is aware of what might happen where they choose to live and people like you saying - well just move then. Are you of the same opinion to those affected by the floods who are complaining about the poor flood defences in their area? Sure they must have knew there was a chance they'd get flooded. Why didn't they just move out?

And by the way, I know of many many people struggling to get a mortgage to move house and are unable to sell the house they are currently in, it may not be quite as straight forward as you may think to just up sticks and move house because of Garth Brooks.

Oh, and I'm not saying the have a right to complain about games being played at Croker, - I'm talking about getting this 5 day pile of nonsense imposed on them.

Zulu

Why is it a pile of nonsense? Croke Park hosts concerts so it's part of what the stadium is, hardly nonsense.

armaghniac

QuoteAre you of the same opinion to those affected by the floods who are complaining about the poor flood defences in their area?

Plenty of people bought property in areas known to flood and took their chances. Likewise with Croke Park/Casement etc, choosing to live beside a stadium where houses might be cheaper etc on the basis that you might be able to stop it being used is not very publicly spirited.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyHarp

Quote from: armaghniac on February 16, 2014, 08:01:58 PM
QuoteAre you of the same opinion to those affected by the floods who are complaining about the poor flood defences in their area?

Plenty of people bought property in areas known to flood and took their chances. Likewise with Croke Park/Casement etc, choosing to live beside a stadium where houses might be cheaper etc on the basis that you might be able to stop it being used is not very publicly spirited.

So f*ck them then - it's their own fault, they should have moved and have no right to complain? That's not very publicly spirited!

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 16, 2014, 08:09:23 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 16, 2014, 08:01:58 PM

So f*ck them then - it's their own fault, they should have moved and have no right to complain? That's not very publicly spirited!

Some people flooded have every right to complain, as they are flooded owing to the actions of others upstream or whatever, others choose to live on a flood plain and can't really complain.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Premier Emperor

Judging by some of the locals who live around Croke Park, I'd say a lot of them never bought the houses they live in, but got them as government handouts.