Croke Park residents legal bid to halt Garth Brooks concerts?

Started by T Fearon, February 14, 2014, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Some folks really need to get off their high horses. Theres a tonne of reasons people live in or around Croke Pk. Family, cost etc... Its a GAA stadium that is used for a set amount of days during the year with a set amount of concerts during the year. The residents know this. Then for the GAA and those greedy bastids at @ Ticketmaster to put 5 concerts on back to back with consulting the residents is attrocious behaviour. Ive been to a few concerts in Croke Pk and I for one wouldnt be giving the 5 days my backing. The area basically turns into a giant toilet for the day, in this case 5 days. The crowd going to a match and those going to a concert is massively different.

J OGorman

Quote from: Premier Emperor on February 17, 2014, 10:04:59 AM
It's all about hustling for more money and tickets. The GAA used to give residents match tickets and they went out touting them.

The locals will make a fortune minding people's cars who want to park in the surrounding streets.

ridiculous...what % are we talking were touting and what percentage are we talking doing the 'security'? Are all the residents of this area chancers and touts?? This high horse gets higher

Zulu

A Gareth Brooks concert? I would imagine the age profile of a large percentage going to this concert are late 20'sor older. Maybe I'm naive but I don't see the roads around Croke Park flowing with piss and shit while horny middle aged stetson wearing lovers hump on the bonnets of cars. This will bring in a lot money to the GAA and Dublin and will be of minimum inconvenience to those living there IMO.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Cold tea on February 17, 2014, 08:09:25 AM
So most people in agreement with the resident's bid are those who don't like Gareth Brooks, that's a great argument.  So if it was some trendy cool artist it would be grand!  :o
I detest Gareth Brooks but I think the residents are a pack of whingers looking a few quid. I live in the country, I get inconvenienced by cattle being herded on the road, slow moving tractors, slurry etc. it's an occupational hazard of country life just like crowds going to events in large arenas designed for crowds is an occupational hazard of city life

AZOffaly

I think the residents are missing a trick here. Set up a sandwich and water stall outside, and they'll make a mint.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ardal on February 17, 2014, 09:41:50 AM
I really bought  a house near an airport. I'm right under a flight path. Those BA bas*ards won'd even  consider moving the flight paths an inch.

Just not PC.

PS saved about 25 grand on an equivilantly sized house and went on a really cool holiday with the difference. Maybe I should have triple glazed the house instead!

And if, out of the blue the airport said it was going to divert all traffic past your house and corner off all the streets nearby so people could get easy access to the airport then you would just accept it and say - well I deserve that?
That was never a square ball!!

ballinaman

It's all about hustling for more money and tickets. The GAA used to give residents match tickets and they went out touting them.

The locals will make a fortune minding people's cars who want to park in the surrounding streets.

Stop talking through your hole with ya. You need a Garda residents car pass to get through the barriers on match day. You have to show proof of address in Fitzgibbon Street station to get one.

AZ....Not a bad idea but Garda be all over you like a rash selling stuff without a licence.

J OGorman

Quote from: hardstation on February 17, 2014, 11:15:31 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 17, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

Stop talking through your hole with ya.
Why would he do that? Take a look at yourselves you stinking peasants. Have a wash as well. Benefit street victim.

there is an air of snobbery about alright.

deiseach

Some amazingly mean-spirited comments on here, especially when you consider the most restrained comments are from the one person (that we know of) directly impacted by the concerts. Wind yer necks in.

Jeepers Creepers

armaghniac

That said, the residents are fully entitled to demand more Portaloos and zero tolerance policy for pissing on the streets.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Premier Emperor

Stop talking through your hole with ya. You need a Garda residents car pass to get through the barriers on match day. You have to show proof of address in Fitzgibbon Street station to get one.
That's only on a couple of roads like Clonliffe and Jones.
I've parked 1/2 a mile away from Croke Park and had local scumbags collecting protection money for the pleasure.

J OGorman

Quote from: Premier Emperor on February 17, 2014, 01:49:05 PM

That's only on a couple of roads like Clonliffe and Jones.
I've parked 1/2 a mile away from Croke Park and had local scumbags collecting protection money for the pleasure.

hope nobody lashed on your beamer dear boy

Bingo

5 days on the trot is a big deal to impose on anyone and I don't think anyone can judge the residents until they've been in that position themselves or know how it affects them.

You can only hope that there is dialogue between all parties and measures can be put in place to everyones satisfaction.

Premier Emperor

My car wasn't stolen, burnt out or broken into, so I presume I should be thankful...