Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Quote from: Thebigdog on May 01, 2018, 11:10:13 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 01, 2018, 10:42:40 PM
seen a photo on twitter earlier of mickey harte holding a banner which read 'no politics in sport'. laughable
Good aul Mickey loves a photo! People say he's at his brilliant best when getting his photo into the newspapers or social media but I always think he's at his best when the TV camera is on him out on the pitch and he's shouting and pointing in random directions.with players around him, it's  got a great look about it and says ' look at me I'm so brilliant and people are gonna say what a great manager I am when watching the telly. What a bunch of gullible sheep they are!'

Comic genius. It's like something Ricky gervais would write

Snapchap

seen a photo on twitter earlier of mickey harte holding a banner which read 'no politics in sport'. laughable
Good aul Mickey loves a photo! People say he's at his brilliant best when getting his photo into the newspapers or social media but I always think he's at his best when the TV camera is on him out on the pitch and he's shouting and pointing in random directions.with players around him, it's  got a great look about it and says ' look at me I'm so brilliant and people are gonna say what a great manager I am when watching the telly. What a bunch of gullible sheep they are!'

Did I not set up a thread for you two insufferable bores? Two weeks away from the first round of the championship and the page is, once again, dominated by you pair of attention seeking dicks. F**k me how many times do you have to be told (by people who agree with your position on Harte) that yous are completely destroying this board for everyone.

WE ALL KNOW YOUT VIEWS ON HARTE. SHUT THE F@#K UP.

Thebigdog

Quote from: Snapchap on May 02, 2018, 07:18:55 AM

Did I not set up a thread for you two insufferable bores? Two weeks away from the first round of the championship and the page is, once again, dominated by you pair of attention seeking dicks. F**k me how many times do you have to be told (by people who agree with your position on Harte) that yous are completely destroying this board for everyone.

I've just been compared to the comedy legend that is Ricky Gervais and you are calling be boring? Wow wow
Wow. Your the one i think you will find is the bore on this thread. I mean you and others are on this constantly lambasting others. What do you bring to the table?  Duck egg mate, duck egg quack quack quack quack

Snapchap

Quote from: Thebigdog on May 02, 2018, 07:30:15 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 02, 2018, 07:18:55 AM

I've just been compared to the comedy legend that is Ricky Gervais and you are calling be boring? Wow wow
Wow. Your the one i think you will find is the bore on this thread. I mean you and others are on this constantly lambasting others. What do you bring to the table?  Duck egg mate, duck egg quack quack quack quack

I post when I have something to say, not out of some need for attention. Otherwise I use the board to read about football. Which is hard to do when you have to wade through to immature waffle posted by you pair of attention seeking halfwits. If you want to talk about Harte instead of the football, then fine. Just kindly f@#k of to the thread created specifically for you to do so, and leave this one for people interested in football.

Tyrone Dreamer

There is no doubt they are the same person, best ignored.

I see Mulligan said in the Irish News today that Morgan shouldn't be taking free kicks and that Lee Brennan would put the long range one's over with his eyes closed. He clearly wasn't at the last few league games were Brennan missed 5/6 longer range frees. I do think Brennan deserves a go at them but to me it's very easy to say whoever is not taking them would slot them over easily. I actually have no problem with Morgan hitting the one's outside the 45 as he is the best striker of a ball in Tyrone of the ground.

I don't think it's fair former players singling out current players for criticism either.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on May 02, 2018, 08:34:22 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 02, 2018, 08:13:46 AM

I see Mulligan said in the Irish News today that Morgan shouldn't be taking free kicks and that Lee Brennan would put the long range one's over with his eyes closed. He clearly wasn't at the last few league games were Brennan missed 5/6 longer range frees. I do think Brennan deserves a go at them but to me it's very easy to say whoever is not taking them would slot them over easily. I actually have no problem with Morgan hitting the one's outside the 45 as he is the best striker of a ball in Tyrone of the ground.

I don't think it's fair former players singling out current players for criticism either.

He clearly wasn't at the last few league games were Brennan missed 5/6 longer range frees.

Still a reason to change though as Morgan usually hits 7/8 wide before he scores one

In the past he was actually more likely to score one then miss 4 or 5 after. In the league v Kerry Morgan took two long range one's - one he narrowly missed and one he scored.

As I said I have no problem at all with Brennan getting a go at them. But I don't think Mulligan's comments were fair. The kind of free kicks Morgan gets the opportunity to score are very difficult to score and it's unfair to say Brennan would put them over with his eyes closed. He struggled with the longer one's in the last few league game's but I'd be hopeful if injury free he'll improve on them as the summer goes on.

Aaron Boone

He clearly wasn't at the last few league games were Brennan missed 5/6 longer range frees.

Still a reason to change though as Morgan usually hits 7/8 wide before he scores one
I dread him coming up the pitch to be honest. Is he likely to score? No.  Rory Beggan more consistent with his strikes.

BennyHarp

Is Harte not normally very passive on the sideline? The arms folded standing position is pretty much his trademark.
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 02, 2018, 08:58:39 AM

I dread him coming up the pitch to be honest. Is he likely to score? No.  Rory Beggan more consistent with his strikes.
Should anyone be taking on a shot that is maybe a 1 in 4 or 5 conversion rate?
Maybe the problem is these 50-60m frees arent really scoreable and we should be moving them on quickly?
Id say if we got up and got the play moving quickly from those frees we are likely to work a score more often than 1 in every 5?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Dire Ear

deadman

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 02, 2018, 09:00:07 AM

Is Harte not normally very passive on the sideline? The arms folded standing position is pretty much his trademark.

Was sitting quite close to Harte in MacHale Park against Mayo in the league this year. Was very vocal that day, barking orders and admonishing referee Maurice Deegan, especially after Hugh Pat McGeary's injury.

Fuzzman

He knows he's under pressure lads so of course he's gonna be more animated.
Even if he wins another Ulster this year but loses to Kerry or Mayo or worse then he's under the microscope again.

I think last year, even so many "neutrals" wanted to see him call it a day.
Here in Dublin most true gaels asked me that and said who would be next?
Surely we can play better brand of football than that.

I think he will do this year but thats as much to do with other teams moving on too and not just Donegal or Monaghan.

Thebigdog

Great to see mugsy sticking the knife into the rubbish we've had to endure this last five years...let's actually make it ten years. Harte can't even sort free taking duties out in that time, people can forget about it til the P45 is handed over.

trileacman

I'd rather let Brennan hit the right-sided frees that suit a left boot and Morgan the inverse.

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 02, 2018, 09:21:50 AM

Maybe the problem is these 50-60m frees arent really scoreable and we should be moving them on quickly?
Id say if we got up and got the play moving quickly from those frees we are likely to work a score more often than 1 in every 5?

Nail on head.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 02, 2018, 09:21:50 AM

Managers are loathe at any level now to have any players put in a position where they have to run into a tackle. Seems taking a 20% punt on a long range free is a better alternative than maybe a 10% chance of a player beating a man.

Not exactly my own thoughts but that's how they look at the stats at the highest level. That said, the best teams know how to hold onto the ball, get over the ball or slow it down so quick frees are rarely able to be taken advantage of.