Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Lettuce move on lads

On current form how would be your starting 15?
Is Hampsey back on the square now?
Has McNamee dropped down the pecking order?
Has McCarron regained some of his hair sorry I mean form?

Will we have another set of brothers in the team in the McGearys?
Will Richie Donnelly ever be fit for more than two games and show us all his true worth?
Who is our best MF now that we do have some options in that area?
Is Mattie better at CHB or CHF?

Will Tiernan be back for the summer?
Will we have a plan B this year or is that just for Croke Park stewards these days?
What happens if Lee gets injured? Has he passed out his older brother as first choice now? How good can he be?

Will McShane be our answer at FF or is he another Enda McGinley 3rd midfielder?
Will Mark Bradley no longer be our only player up in the FF line surrounded by 3 Monaghan defenders.

Is Frank Burns our new solid CHB to finally replace Seamus McCallan from 1996?

Does anyone know will Dan McNulty ever come back into the county setup
Will any of these questions be answered this summer?

Interesting reading through the U21 final match report which is 3 years ago in 3 weeks time.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-withstand-late-tipperary-rally-to-be-crowned-allireland-under21-champions-31190855.html

I thought Mark Kavanagh certainly would have made it to the senior team from that season.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 12, 2018, 04:54:02 PM
Lettuce move on lads

Will Richie Donnelly ever be fit for more than two games and show us all his true worth?

Will we have a plan B this year or is that just for Croke Park stewards these days?
What happens if Lee gets injured? Has he passed out his older brother as first choice now? How good can he be?

Will Mark Bradley no longer be our only player up in the FF line surrounded by 3 Monaghan defenders.

Interesting reading through the U21 final match report which is 3 years ago in 3 weeks time.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-withstand-late-tipperary-rally-to-be-crowned-allireland-under21-champions-31190855.html

I thought Mark Kavanagh certainly would have made it to the senior team from that season.

Dan McNulty would need to come back for Clonoe before he comes back to the County
Living the dream!!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: longballin on April 11, 2018, 07:30:43 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 11, 2018, 10:21:52 AM
Quote from: longballin on April 11, 2018, 10:15:36 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 11, 2018, 10:09:02 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on April 11, 2018, 02:17:43 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 09, 2018, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on April 09, 2018, 01:30:58 PM
Darren McCurry with 0-08 for Edendork. Showing what he is capable of with some freedom.

Maybe Harte should write to the top counties and ask them if they could give him a bit more space like at club level.
Another ignorant comment.. Let's face it Harte failed with McCurry just like he failed a string of other players. Including Coney. Lee Brennan should be glad Harte has been forced to change the system this year. Probably the only players Mickey has turned from been average to superstars is Mark Harte Davy Harte and Peter Harte.

This is absolute nonsense even for this board. He took a core team through minors, u-21 and senior winning every accolade along the way. The amount of players he made into superstars is endless.

Those lads were superstars in the making whoever had them -

So when his players play well its because they were good anyway but when they fail its Hartes fault? Away and listen to yourself. Ive work to do. Slán.

I'm not deluded enough to think this group of players is as good at ten years ago but when they play as they did against Dublin last year yes I blame the manager. "We were slaves to a system" said Sean Cavanagh. Slan yerself : )

You really love that quote.  :D

Full quote was 

""We maybe were a bit of a slave last year to one system," Cavanagh admitted. "It was working for us, though, and we totally believed it was going to be enough to win.But this year, I think every team in Ireland realises that there's going to have to be more systems within a game."

As in no plan B. Not that there shouldn't be a system.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 12, 2018, 04:58:48 PM
Lettuce move on lads

Dan McNulty would need to come back for Clonoe before he comes back to the County

Won't be this year from what I hear.

RedHand88

Darren McCurry with 0-08 for Edendork. Showing what he is capable of with some freedom.

Maybe Harte should write to the top counties and ask them if they could give him a bit more space like at club level.
Another ignorant comment.. Let's face it Harte failed with McCurry just like he failed a string of other players. Including Coney. Lee Brennan should be glad Harte has been forced to change the system this year. Probably the only players Mickey has turned from been average to superstars is Mark Harte Davy Harte and Peter Harte.

This is absolute nonsense even for this board. He took a core team through minors, u-21 and senior winning every accolade along the way. The amount of players he made into superstars is endless.

So when his players play well its because they were good anyway but when they fail its Hartes fault? Away and listen to yourself. Ive work to do. Slán.

I'm not deluded enough to think this group of players is as good at ten years ago but when they play as they did against Dublin last year yes I blame the manager. "We were slaves to a system" said Sean Cavanagh. Slan yerself : )

Would you rather they ran round like headless chickens with everyman for himself with 15 glory hunters?? Also the quote is taken waaaayyyy out of context.

Therealdonald

Lettuce move on lads

Fuzzman, my opinions only:

1. Hampsey is probably our best man to man defender/footballer.
2. McNamee I think has let his ship sailed. Was exposed when left inside with no protection. Seemed too interested in being at the opening of everything.
3. If there's two 1 McGeary on the team, never mind 2 then we are in bother.
4. I think McCann will be back for some role, think he'll struggle at this stage to break into the starting 15
5. Can't see McShane making the team in either role. Still too raw with decisions even though he has improved vastly.
6a) Burns is playing CHB in all but name. He is doing a Colly Cav role mark (ii), if i was a Dub would I want to see Burns against O'Callaghan? Of course.
6b)Just FYI, since McCallan, we've had Holmes, Gormley, both McMahons and Ricey all play at CHB, so it wasn't as if we were void of options since big Seamy and his outside of the left.

longballin

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 12, 2018, 05:15:53 PM

Would you rather they ran round like headless chickens with everyman for himself with 15 glory hunters?? Also the quote is taken waaaayyyy out of context.

don't see where I advocate playing like headless chickens but a weeeee bit of pushing up on the Dubs wouldn't have gone amiss. Not so far out of context but we'll call a ceasefire to we see how things pan out this August when it's time to play Mayo or Kerry or the Dubs, hopefully things will have changed.

redhandefender

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 12, 2018, 07:30:53 PM
Lettuce move on lads

2. McNamee I think has let his ship sailed. Was exposed when left inside with no protection. Seemed too interested in being at the opening of everything.
4. I think McCann will be back for some role, think he'll struggle at this stage to break into the starting 15
5. Can't see McShane making the team in either role. Still too raw with decisions even though he has improved vastly.
6a) Burns is playing CHB in all but name. He is doing a Colly Cav role mark (ii), if i was a Dub would I want to see Burns against O'Callaghan? Of course.
6b)Just FYI, since McCallan, we've had Holmes, Gormley, both McMahons and Ricey all play at CHB, so it wasn't as if we were void of options since big Seamy and his outside of the left.

Have you seen tyrone play this year ye clown

omagh_gael

Quote from: redhandefender on April 13, 2018, 12:16:09 AM
Lettuce move on lads

Jaysus lads some dodgy statements in here.

1. How the feck does McNamee attending 'openings' affect his footballing? I'd say he'll still see plenty of game time this year. Needs to cut down on his sledging/aggression imo.

2. Fuzz, I don't think Matty has ever truly played the #11 role. Almost sure we'll see a Harte, Sludden, Donnelly HF line v Monaghan. Likewise, although McShane has been named at #14 in a number of games I'd wager he's only spent around 10 mins actually in that position. I have a feeling Harte might go with Brennan, McAliskey, McShane in FF line with McShane operating further out the field. Mark Bradley was a bit quiet in the league and may find his position under threat and instead be used as an impact sub for last 20mins.

3. Think Conor Gormley (in particular) may have a case for being one of our most solid (perhaps best?) CHBs.

4. Ridiculous statement re the McGeary's. HP was arguably one of our best performers in the league and was on fire that day in Mayo prior to his wipeout. Kieran is fantastic too but finds himself fighting for a position in the most competitive part of our team.

Therealdonald

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 13, 2018, 10:18:34 AM
Lettuce move on lads

1. How the feck does McNamee attending 'openings' affect his footballing? I'd say he'll still see plenty of game time this year. Needs to cut down on his sledging/aggression imo.

2. Fuzz, I don't think Matty has ever truly played the #11 role. Almost sure we'll see a Harte, Sludden, Donnelly HF line v Monaghan. Likewise, although McShane has been named at #14 in a number of games I'd wager he's only spent around 10 mins actually in that position. I have a feeling Harte might go with Brennan, McAliskey, McShane in FF line with McShane operating further out the field. Mark Bradley was a bit quiet in the league and may find his position under threat and instead be used as an impact sub for last 20mins.

3. Think Conor Gormley (in particular) may have a case for being one of our most solid (perhaps best?) CHBs.

4. Ridiculous statement re the McGeary's. HP was arguably one of our best performers in the league and was on fire that day in Mayo prior to his wipeout. Kieran is fantastic too but finds himself fighting for a position in the most competitive part of our team.

Didn't realise we were in the peoples republic of North Korea and a difference of opinion was frowned upon.

longballin

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 13, 2018, 11:05:36 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 13, 2018, 10:18:34 AM
Lettuce move on lads

Didn't realise we were in the peoples republic of North Korea and a difference of opinion was frowned upon.

You think you can think for yourself? Shame on you!

Thebigdog

When Tyrone go out against Monaghan next month their can be no going back to the blanket default. The way we play has to be the way we play all summer. This will be a big test for Harte and o Rourke to see who blinks first.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Thebigdog on April 14, 2018, 01:13:38 AM
When Tyrone go out against Monaghan next month their can be no going back to the blanket default. The way we play has to be the way we play all summer. This will be a big test for Harte and o Rourke to see who blinks first.

Should 'default ' not be 'defence' ? Just wondering.

It's 'there'
  It's 'O'Rourke '

Thebigdog

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 14, 2018, 01:27:28 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on April 14, 2018, 01:13:38 AM

Should 'default ' not be 'defence' ? Just wondering.

It's 'there'
  It's 'O'Rourke '
Awh another f**king school teacher. The Russians didn't win the second world war in a good grammar competition. Take not robot.

Jim Bob

Temper temper!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Oh and it's 'note' in last line not 'not'. But was written in a mood so understand the error.  ;D ;D