Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Lampard is getting sacked because they bought a load of players who refuse to run. They don't cover near enough yards.

thewobbler

I'd say Lampard is getting sacked because each of his bountiful signings have fallen off the cliff.

Which suggests either the players hate him, or hate his tactics, or both.

Any quick way, it will be cheaper and more effective to replace him than the players.

Poor old Mason Mount will be heartbroken.

whitegoodman

The man in charge of signings at Chelsea needs to go as well.  They are crying out for another centre half and a central striker and they go and spend over £150m on 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder when they already have an abundance of them.

thewobbler

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 25, 2021, 11:08:12 AM
The man in charge of signings at Chelsea needs to go as well.  They are crying out for another centre half and a central striker and they go and spend over £150m on 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder when they already have an abundance of them.

You assume he's operating independently of the manager though.

Anyhow Lampard was handed one of the best free roaming 10s in the world in Werner, the type of player a club can be built around, and then stapled him to the left wing. Why? Only he knows.

BennyCake

I expect Guus Hiddink to be wheeled in any minute now.

Rich Ricci

Don't understand the timing of it more than anything. Why not do it immediately after the defeat at Leicester on Tuesday instead of keeping him on to manage in the cup?

GetOverTheBar

Cut throat from Chelsea. They don't mess around.

Tuchel is the next in. They actually aren't all that far behind....new manager bounce....they couldn't, could they?

whitegoodman

If he is a roaming 10 then what is Havertz and where do you play him for Chelsea ?  He initially played Werner centrally and it didn't work and he naturally gravitates to the left anyway so coming in from the left is probably his best position imo.  His confidence is shot atm though.  Where does he play for Germany out of interest ?

Who are the free roaming 10s that you speak of ? 

Il give Tuchel 18 mths before he is gone as well.  I personally would have tried to get Ancelotti back.

shark

Quote from: Rich Ricci on January 25, 2021, 11:39:58 AM
Don't understand the timing of it more than anything. Why not do it immediately after the defeat at Leicester on Tuesday instead of keeping him on to manage in the cup?

Maybe they were waiting until they knew they had Tuchel in the bag.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: shark on January 25, 2021, 11:44:02 AM

Maybe they were waiting until they knew they had Tuchel in the bag.

I'd agree although think he might have gone Friday morning if they'd had a league game instead of playing a cup game.

So much shite talked about with Lampard, Chelsea have 69 points from the last 45 league games; He inherited a talented squad  and added top youngsters in James, Mount and Abraham. Had plenty of options all over the pitch and wasn't carrying any player who were well out of their depth which Ole had to do.

GetOverTheBar

Sure Lampard is gone now then.

Who is next? Someone needs to be sacked.

sid waddell

I'd love to see Chelsea appoint a Dennis Wise/Vinnie Jones coaching ticket.

Authenticity is everything.

GetOverTheBar

Think you have bigger problems Sid, Klopp looks to be the next useless manager in this thread.

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on January 25, 2021, 02:39:07 PM
I'd love to see Chelsea appoint a Dennis Wise/Vinnie Jones coaching ticket.

Authenticity is everything.

I've no love for Chelsea, but even I wouldn't wish that on them! A hateful wee p***k, on and off the pitch.

trailer

Simply they didn't want to miss out on Tuchel. If PSG hadn't sacked him then I doubt they would've, but in order to secure him for next year they moved now.