NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Mayo are slick. They will hammer Monaghan and save Armagh
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 19, 2023, 04:48:51 PM
Looking like Mayo's first ever win in Ballybofey  Donegal 0-6 Mayo 1-11 40 mins gone

Yep. They're streets ahead of us, even on intensity.

joemamas

Quote from: seafoid on March 19, 2023, 04:56:04 PM

Truth be told, Donegal are absolutely brutal.

Rudi

Donegal county board in for a kicking from ex All Ireland winning team players. A management team of Kavanagh, Lacey & McGuinness slipped through the net without much of a fight. Lacey & all coaches abandon the well run Academy. Things are looking desperate for Donegal. Paddy Carr will probably only last the year, tough back drop to come into.

twohands!!!

Quote from: joemamas on March 19, 2023, 04:57:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 19, 2023, 04:56:04 PM

Truth be told, Donegal are absolutely brutal.

Have the look and feel of a relegated side who will be making up the numbers in the championship.

J70

Apart from Ban Gallagher, I don't think we've a single player out there who would get anywhere near a regular spot on that Mayo team on today's showing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Kevin Mc Stay, in fairness, has worked some magic with that Mayo side so far -- when you see Aidan O'Shea so comfortably easing them over the bar, you can appreciate that there's some wizardry on the managerial controls.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

twohands!!!

Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2023, 05:04:50 PM
Apart from Ban Gallagher, I don't think we've a single player out there who would get anywhere near a regular spot on that Mayo team on today's showing.

Patton in goals would surely challenge for the goal-keeping spot I'd imagine but yeah a lot of very low marks throughout the Donegal team today,

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2023, 05:04:50 PM

In fairness, when things are not going your way, it seems like that. A different day and a few things going your way and it's surprising how different players look.

J70

Gallen looked like he did his hamstring there.

Absolutely brutal luck for him. He's never got a proper run at senior level due to injuries. And this was the year he was supposed to push on with Murphy gone and McBrearty out.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 19, 2023, 05:08:42 PM
Kevin Mc Stay, in fairness, has worked some magic with that Mayo side so far -- when you see Aidan O'Shea so comfortably easing them over the bar, you can appreciate that there's some wizardry on the managerial controls.
And his management team which includes Stephen Rochford,Liam McHale and Donie Buckley.  Plus the work with those on strength and conditioning which has them at championship pace already.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

clarshack

Aidan O'Shea is flying atm.

omagh_gael

Am I right in thinking Tyrone are now safe? Monaghan can catch us but we've the head to head plus a +17 point difference.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 19, 2023, 05:16:50 PM
Am I right in thinking Tyrone are now safe? Monaghan can catch us but we've the head to head plus a +17 point difference.

Not quite, Roscommon also on 6 points (equal PD) and Kerry (better PD) too, but would be unlucky -- need to beat the Apple Munchers just to be sure, to be sure.  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 19, 2023, 05:08:42 PM

McStay did previous good work bringing St Brigids to the Club AI. He has Mayo motoring well at present. The Dublin and Kerrys of this world are not much ahead of the pack now and it could be a good year to manage Mayo.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B