Quiz question

Started by Feckitt, February 17, 2012, 02:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Maiden1

Jimmy Barry Murphy came close to winning the lot.

Minor
Munster U21
Senior
NFL
Railway Cup
2 Club All Irelands

When you add that he won everything going in hurling as well and got to a FAI cup final with Cork Celtic it is not a bad feat.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Feckitt

JBM & MFR, a pair of legendary players, but I wouldn't give you 2d for his FAI cup appearance.

armaghranger12

Dont Mean to offend hear but was Pat Spillane any good?  He talks a good game on the sunday show so i assume he could play. Never actaully seen him play.

If anyone wants to give me links il check them out..

Feckitt

Yes, he was one of the greatest players of all time.  It hurts to say it, but it's true.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 17, 2012, 05:14:28 PM
Dont Mean to offend hear but was Pat Spillane any good?  He talks a good game on the sunday show so i assume he could play. Never actaully seen him play.

Get your hands on Kerry's Golden years on DVD and have a look for yourself. 9 Allstars, (6 in a row between 76-81) and man of the match in 2 all ireland finals is a fair indication of how good he was.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Onlooker

What about Tony Davis.  Does he not have a full hand.

Feckitt

Yes according to Wikipedia, he does.

The reason I started this thread was because I was told that Paddy O'Rourke was the only man to have won the five major titles of All-Ireland Senor, u-21, Minor, NFL & Club.

We now have Paddy O'Rourke, MFR & Tony Davis.  Any others?

5 Sams

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 17, 2012, 05:26:53 PM
Quote from: armaghranger12 on February 17, 2012, 05:14:28 PM

Get your hands on Kerry's Golden years on DVD and have a look for yourself. 9 Allstars, (6 in a row between 76-81) and man of the match in 2 all ireland finals is a fair indication of how good he was.

Is it available on DVD?

....oh and by the way I agree....Spillane was one of the best footballers ever to play the game....he was on the team of the millenium (1999)  & the team of the century (1984)
The Aristocrat Years

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Feckitt on February 17, 2012, 06:27:47 PM
Yes according to Wikipedia, he does.

The reason I started this thread was because I was told that Paddy O'Rourke was the only man to have won the five major titles of All-Ireland Senor, u-21, Minor, NFL & Club.

We now have Paddy O'Rourke, MFR & Tony Davis.  Any others?

Pretty sure Charlie Nelligan has the full set aswell now that you mention it...7 seniors, minor 1975, U-21 in 76, couple of national leagues, club in 1985 with Castleisland. Few allstars aswell.

Aaron Boone

Owen Mulligan, if you can allow Cookstown in there.

Feckitt

No can't allow Cookstown 8)  Tyrone would have a load of boys with 4 out of 5, but none of them have an AI Club medal.

If Charlie Nelligan qualifies, then there are probably more Kerry men of that era?

So far it's

Charlie Nelligan
MFR
Tony Davis
Paddy O'Rourke

Any others?

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Actually mentioned him already, but Mick Spillane has everything I'm sure...not sure if he won a Railway cup but won the rest alright.

muppet

Who won an all-Ireland Minor, U-21, Senior, lifted Sam as Captain, played for Ireland, ran for election and was in a Kung Fu movie?
MWWSI 2017

Feckitt