Sam Maguire permutations

Started by seafoid, April 11, 2023, 09:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Connacht winner will probably get a tougher group than any other Connacht side eliminated earlier lol.

trailer

GAA summed up perfectly today.

Why do the draw before the Provincial finals? Stupid.
Why was it not on radio? Who is watching GAAGO at 1pm on Tuesday? f**king hell, sometimes they don't help themselves.

RedHand88

Connacht winner being shafted!

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on May 02, 2023, 01:23:03 PM

Why was it not on radio? Who is watching GAAGO at 1pm on Tuesday? f**king hell, sometimes they don't help themselves.
exactly ffs. Not that it matters with twitter etc these days

BennyHarp

3 ulster counties in one group  ::)
That was never a square ball!!

twohands!!!

It was on the GAA YouTube so pretty much anyone with a phone in the country could watch it.
Also if it was on radio you'd have folk claiming the draw was rigged.

RedHand88

I wondered this myself. It's not fair, should have been done after the provincial finals.

Manning18

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 02, 2023, 01:18:27 PM
Connacht winner will probably get a tougher group than any other Connacht side eliminated earlier lol.

If Galway do win Connacht, that's twice in 2 years their 'reward' for winning their province has been the rotten draw against the good Ulster side. Last year, 1 of Clare, Cork Armagh. This year, one of Clare, Louth, Armagh/Derry

twohands!!!

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 02, 2023, 01:25:31 PM

One of the three winners of Munster/Connacht/Leinster were always going to get the Ulster loser.
Probably a bit unfortunate to have Tyrone in there as well but are Tyrone much worse than Mayo, Monaghan or Roscommon.
They are in a group with Westmeath who are the team with the longest odds they could have drawn.
Hardly shafted.

trailer

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 02, 2023, 01:26:29 PM

It was on the GAA YouTube so pretty much anyone with a phone in the country could watch it.

Ack ffs they could have had live radio coverage as well as their GAAGO TV. It doesn't have to one or the other.

Whoever is in charge of marketing at GAA HQ really should be relived of their duties. They are providing ZERO value for money.

twohands!!!

Quote from: trailer on May 02, 2023, 01:33:15 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on May 02, 2023, 01:26:29 PM

Ack ffs they could have had live radio coverage as well as their GAAGO TV. It doesn't have to one or the other.

Whoever is in charge of marketing at GAA HQ really should be relived of their duties. They are providing ZERO value for money.

Totally agree the marketing isn't great/could be better but this draw not being on radio is way way way down the list of grievances I'd have.

Hound

The way the provincials worked out this year, the group with the Ulster runner up was always going to be the "group of death". But with 3 progressing it's not something to be worried about.

Kildare getting the Dubs at home (assuming Dubs beat Louth) is a beaut after Ryan's rant! Although not sure if Kildare have a home venue at the moment, maybe they'll nominate Croker  :P

The last round is called the Neutral round, as opposed to the Croke Park round which I think it was called in Super 8. I presumed that meant Dubs wouldn't be in Croker, but seemingly there's talk the Croke Park is still on the table. That's the Dublin v Sligo (probably) game I think, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. Portlaoise a suitable alternative?

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Manning18 on May 02, 2023, 01:29:51 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 02, 2023, 01:18:27 PM

If Galway do win Connacht, that's twice in 2 years their 'reward' for winning their province has been the rotten draw against the good Ulster side. Last year, 1 of Clare, Cork Armagh. This year, one of Clare, Louth, Armagh/Derry
A handy run last year according to the Mayo boys though.
Sure Sligo might get the booby prize this year yet.

balladmaker

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 02, 2023, 01:25:31 PM

No, being exposed to Ulster teams earlier than usual ... welcome to the world of Ulster.

Armagh18

Quote from: Hound on May 02, 2023, 01:37:38 PM
The way the provincials worked out this year, the group with the Ulster runner up was always going to be the "group of death". But with 3 progressing it's not something to be worried about.

Kildare getting the Dubs at home (assuming Dubs beat Louth) is a beaut after Ryan's rant! Although not sure if Kildare have a home venue at the moment, maybe they'll nominate Croker  :P

The last round is called the Neutral round, as opposed to the Croke Park round which I think it was called in Super 8. I presumed that meant Dubs wouldn't be in Croker, but seemingly there's talk the Croke Park is still on the table. That's the Dublin v Sligo (probably) game I think, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. Portlaoise a suitable alternative?
Rossies should come out with a Newbridge or nowhere style stance.