All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Absolutely tactical. BJK threw AOS boot into the crowd that had come off after the scuffle when mayo beast invaded the pitch too.
DOS deliberately called Fionn Fitz to walk threw the pitch to disrupt Mayo free after he got black also, was going to walk behind goals but DOS made sure he disrupted play.
Cute hoooooors...

seafoid

Quote from: supersub on September 22, 2014, 04:00:18 PM
Anywhere to watch highlights online? Few things I want to see again namely Donaghy's goal.
the goal is on yesterday's six one news on the RTE player

J OGorman

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 22, 2014, 03:51:15 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 22, 2014, 12:18:10 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 22, 2014, 12:05:23 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on September 22, 2014, 11:57:11 AM
there is a risk that this years All-Ireland will be re-named the Joe Brolly Cup, in the same way that 2003 was the pat Spillane cup.

So the final yesterday wasn't a "great advert for the game" but where the f**k is the instruction manual which says that "EVERY FINAL MUST BE PLAYED TO A SUPERLATIVE LEVEL OF STYLE AND PANACHE"

I say f**k joe Brolly and his opinion about puke football in the same way i said f**k Pat Spillane and his opinion of Tyrone in 2003.

The All-Ireland is for winning - its not a beauty contest. We were spoiled by the highest standards of the semi finals which preceded yesterday, and it it is completely wrong to be-grudge Kerry as winners or castigate Donegal for losing.

It is what it is.

Zeitgeist. Its the spirit of now...its how football is played today.

Brolly was w**king on last night about "clubs up and down the country will be mimicking this style of football.."
Really?

Crossmaglen will change? as will Ballinderry...and of course Dr Crokes and Castlebar and St Vincents

Will they f**k....in the same way as the semifinals didnt make everyone want to play like Mayo, Dublin etc...

That is the beauty of our code - that there is a dogged determination to win, where the medal and cup means more than any money.

Fair play to Kerry...enjoy it...you deserve it. Commiserations Donegal...roll on 2015.
Tyrone Abu

Club teams don't have to mimic it- they are long doing it.

Kerry crowed long enough about puke football. Brolly is quite right in saying that the irony this morning really is quite something

Kerry popped their cherry and entered the dark side yesterday

There is no going back for them

you Dubs needy put away the crystal balls. Kerry lifted Sam in a championship year that included the unbeatable Dubs. You got it all wrong against Donegal were as Kerry got it spot on. Kerry, best team in the country this year. Plenty of emerging talent with the experience of winning and the Gooch to come back. Could be there or there abouts next year. Have the weaponry and skill set to beat any system by the looks of it. Id say Gavin will have learnt more watching that game than any game Dublin were involved in this year

Kerry wouldnt have won that final without Donaghy or in fact would not have beat Mayo without said man, himself, and O Mahony will retire this year.

Havent heard ought concrete that both or either will retire.
Would you take the Gooch and Tommy Walsh for the two mentioned?

J70

Anywhere to watch highlights online? Few things I want to see again namely Donaghy's goal.

I don't know if I will ever be able to watch that game again!   :-[

Took me nine months to bring myself to watch last year's hammering by Mayo (I was airborne and missed it live) :)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: rrhf on September 22, 2014, 03:29:12 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday and was quite pleased with how much Kerry football has evolved in the last number of years capable of scrapping to the challenge that they face, the first time they have squeezed a tight game in a generation.

I'm pretty sure Kerry have won some tight games over the past 20 odd years.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Jinxy on September 22, 2014, 03:34:26 PM
Cynicism and 'puke' football or not the same thing though.
According to some people, Meath had plenty of cynical players on All-Ireland winning teams in the past, but that doesn't mean they played negative football.
Just to clarify, I don't mind lads 'getting to know each other' it's this safety in numbers, smother the opposition stuff I can't abide.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of cynicism and only a cynic would argue otherwise.
Kerry have always been somewhat cynical and actually they have been the forerunners of 'puke' football from the mick odwyer days as he used to get his wing half forwards to drop deep and add two extra defenders before breaking out and counter attacking quickly.

AZOffaly

It's instructive to look at the Golden Years games. You'll regularly see Ger Power, Mikey Sheehy and Spillane back in their own 21 yard line winning ball and coming out with it. As I mentioned earlier, Bomber did a textbook drag down on Pat Fitzgerald in the dying minutes of the 1982 final, which led to the free that the goal came from. When they play nice football, it's lovely football. Their forward movement and kick passing can be fantastic. But Kerry always have, and always will, do whatever it takes to win.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Anti-Kingdom on September 22, 2014, 05:26:17 PM
I thought Tír Chonaill were much the better team in the first half. The goal they conceded at the outset was unfortunate, but it happens. After that they dominated the half. The 'Kingdom' were being steamrolled.

The start of the second half was more of the same, Tír Chonaill dominating. But they became far too withdrawn. Durcan's kick out was again just one of those things, but they were really handing over a game they were controlling.

The final minutes of the game must have been very frustrating for Tír Chonaill. They refused to press the 'Kingdom', who were simply passing the ball over and back laboriously. Tír Chonaill must be kicking themselves.

What about the inhabitants of Inis Eoghain? Would they not be kicking themselves as well?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

StephenC

Well done to Kerry on their win and I hope the players and supporters enjoy the coming days and weeks.

Heartbroken for our lads as they didn't do themselves justice on the big day. In both 2012 and this year we played our best football in the semi and saved some of our worst for the final.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2014, 04:17:15 PM

Took me nine months to bring myself to watch last year's hammering by Mayo (I was airborne and missed it live) :)

Surely you saw Aiden O'Sé while you were up there?  ;D

MWWSI 2017

bcarrier

Marc O'Se now has 5 All Ireland medals ...joining his brothers on that tally.

Declan O'Sullivan and Aidan O'Mahony also won their 5th yesterday.

Kieran Donaghy got his 4th.

Killian Young and Bryan Sheehan got their third.

Donnacha Walsh and David Moran got their second.

I think the rest all first timers.

AZOffaly

J70

Quote from: muppet on September 22, 2014, 05:33:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2014, 04:17:15 PM

Surely you saw Aiden O'Sé while you were up there?  ;D

:D

brokencrossbar1

bcarrier