All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 21, 2014, 05:25:16 PM
Kerry will have the two cups in Tralee tomorrow night. Only Kerry, Dublin and Tyrone have won minors & seniors in the same year.

And only Kerry have won Senior, Minor and Under 21 in the same year!

screenexile

The fact Tyrone got away with the cynicism  fir ao long (1995) means these lads shouldn't be chastised for it.

Why do ye all hate Donaghy so much? Only for the ref having a nightmare he would have caused havoc with at least 2 penalties and the goal and 2 points he got. Plenty left in him!!

AZOffaly

Whitnail

Well on the day I thought Kerry were the better team.
Donegal today made costly errors and Durcan had a bad day .McFadden Should have managed a goal in the final minute but it just never (for me anyway) looked like it was our day .
Dublin game took alot out of these lads & I'm looking forward to our game been modified in the future It may take time but it will happen (if the talented youngsters in the minors are anything to go by).

Hardly a classic final but absolutely no complaints here.

screenexile

Quote from: Whitnail on September 21, 2014, 05:34:43 PM
Donegal today made costly errors and Durcan had a bad day .McFadden Should have managed a goal in the final minute but it just never (for me anyway) looked like it was our day .
Dublin game took alot out of these lads & I'm looking forward to our game been modified in the future It may take time but it will happen (if the talented youngsters in the minors are anything to go by).

Fair play! A few Mayo lads could take a leaf out of your book!!

charlieTully

two errors were the differnce, that fumble that led to the first goal and then Durcan. Has McFadden ever been substituted, no matter how poor he plays he always seems to stay on.? Keane was a pure twat at the end.

HiMucker

Why has the commentators or pundits not mentioned that Kerry's first goal the player kicking it in was going for a point.  Dressing it up as some masterful tactic as high ball in???

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2014, 05:41:02 PM

That thread is closed...stop trying to stir the pot

Hardy

Crete Boom

Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2014, 05:41:02 PM

Fair play a few Derry lads could do with commenting on a game that doesn't involve Mayo without throwing a dig at us. You seem lately to be displaying all the attributes you hate about us in your posts Screen. Very disappointed as you never used to stoop to the bargain basement Mayo jibes until recently and were one of the more composed commentators on here.

ONeill

Well done to Kerry. Another title no matter how it's won. But I found myself laughing out loud towards the end when Kerry upped the cynicism stakes to the max. I'd say it was the most cynical last five minutes of an All Ireland ever. Remember Canavan pulling down Cooper? Multiply that by 10.

It was a thing of beauty to see Kerry ratchet up the dark arts and fair play to them. It's 2014. Kerry often had the best footballers. Now they've merged that with the dirty hoorism in a more transparent way.

The country has couped and I like it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

G you dont remember Dublin in the final last year, you dont have to go that far back for seeing out a game

INDIANA

Quote from: ONeill on September 21, 2014, 05:53:38 PM
Well done to Kerry. Another title no matter how it's won. But I found myself laughing out loud towards the end when Kerry upped the cynicism stakes to the max. I'd say it was the most cynical last five minutes of an All Ireland ever. Remember Canavan pulling down Cooper? Multiply that by 10.

It was a thing of beauty to see Kerry ratchet up the dark arts and fair play to them. It's 2014. Kerry often had the best footballers. Now they've merged that with the dirty hoorism in a more transparent way.

The country has couped and I like it.

On your own there. Worst AI in history IMO. Even worse then 2003 and 2004.

AZOffaly

Terrible game for entertainment, but I think Kerry have to be commended. They showed last year they could hang with dublin in an open expansive game, and today they out donegalled Donegal. Kieran mcgeeney has that famous quote from the IR series about if you want to play football, we'll play football, if you want to box, we'll box. I have no doubt Kerry would prefer to play loose and expansive, but they will do what they have to do. Today was ugly, but it was necessary.

manfromdelmonte

I was screaming at the tv for Donegal to push up the field to win the ball in the last 10 minutes.
They let Kerry have too much of the ball from kickouts

I guess they were so rigidly sticking to their system that they couldn't 'go for it'