All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 13, 2014, 03:14:14 PM
8 measly pages on this so far. If Mayo had gotten through there'd be 10 times that already. Much like the World Cup when England go out, the championship loses a lot of it's drama and romance once Mayo are gone.

If they gave out medals for talking about football we'd all be demanding Mayo be split in two.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

8 measly pages on this so far. If Mayo had gotten through there'd be 10 times that already. Much like the World Cup when England go out, the championship loses a lot of it's drama and romance once Mayo are gone.

Jim Mc Guinness's psychological reach extends further than you might at first suspect ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on September 13, 2014, 06:07:59 PM

If they gave out medals for talking about football we'd all be demanding Mayo be split in two.

If they gave out gold medals for splitting in two, Meath would need a Fort Knox.
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Syferus

Got a pair of tickets to the game. Delighted. Mayo getting knocked out is the thing that can happen if you want to go to the AI around here.

Rossfan

Jasus Syfín is ther no end to your bandwagoning ? :-[
Didn't see you in the Hyde today.... maybe you were in the Executive boxes  ;D
I expect the Kutehoors to win this one unfortunately.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on September 13, 2014, 06:07:59 PM

How's Cormac? He should be back doing the local circuit for a while, me thinks! :P
Either that or holidaying in the Wife's home place! :P

Farrandeelin

:D Are you implying that the championship is 'only half-dressed' without Mayo? As Christy Ring once said about Tipp in the hurling!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

charlieTully

Quote from: Syferus on September 14, 2014, 07:54:11 PM
Got a pair of tickets to the game. Delighted. Mayo getting knocked out is the thing that can happen if you want to go to the AI around here.

no danger of ever attending to support your own county, that's for sure. I mind when the sister went with a lad from Roscommon, we were out one night in the town and the rossies had drew that day with galway in the championship, it was around the time the smoking ban had came in, went for a piss and half the Roscommon team were standing around in the loos smoking fags, it was around the time of the Armagh tyrone dominance in ulster, I mind saying to the sisters fella about it, he thought it was perfectly normal. I have no love for Armagh or tyrone but couldn't help thinking of the difference in attitudes, could you imagine mcgrane or mcgeeny or gormley, dooher etc smoking in a nightclub toilet after a match.

macdanger2

Quote from: charlieTully on September 14, 2014, 11:35:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 14, 2014, 07:54:11 PM

no danger of ever attending to support your own county, that's for sure. I mind when the sister went with a lad from Roscommon, we were out one night in the town and the rossies had drew that day with galway in the championship, it was around the time the smoking ban had came in, went for a piss and half the Roscommon team were standing around in the loos smoking fags, it was around the time of the Armagh tyrone dominance in ulster, I mind saying to the sisters fella about it, he thought it was perfectly normal. I have no love for Armagh or tyrone but couldn't help thinking of the difference in attitudes, could you imagine mcgrane or mcgeeny or gormley, dooher etc smoking in a nightclub toilet after a match.

Great story Charlie

Jinxy

I once saw Kieran McGeeney eating a big bag of satsumas in a nightclub toilet.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 14, 2014, 09:40:10 PM
Jasus Syfín is ther no end to your bandwagoning ? :-[
Didn't see you in the Hyde today.... maybe you were in the Executive boxes  ;D
I expect the Kutehoors to win this one unfortunately.

Mustn't have been looking very hard :-*

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Jinxy on September 14, 2014, 11:46:22 PM
I once saw Kieran McGeeney eating a big bag of satsumas in a nightclub toilet.

;D Does he still get his €25 of fruit per day I wonder?!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...