Weather - Matches Postponed - Chances

Started by drici, March 22, 2013, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

No tseans of a game in Casement Park on Sunday. That stuff is sitting above the pebbles in the raised pitch so no hope of getting it out of the ground before then with the forecast. That's Antrim v Meath gone.
See that shark is giving the all clear in Mullingar for Westmeath v Armagh.

shark

Quote from: drici on March 22, 2013, 03:37:56 PM
No tseans of a game in Casement Park on Sunday. That stuff is sitting above the pebbles in the raised pitch so no hope of getting it out of the ground before then with the forecast. That's Antrim v Meath gone.
See that shark is giving the all clear in Mullingar for Westmeath v Armagh.

Ha, reputation on the line.  I'll stand by my prediction though.

Mourne Rover

Any word of conditions at Croke Park for Dublin v Down ? Even if the pitch is playable, there will be an issue about the safety of supporters travelling from the frozen north.

Syferus

Fingers crossed for the Monaghan game being postponed. Would be very handy in getting the U21s rested and some of the AI champ's players back. Sadly we'd probably play the game in a blizzard to spite ourselves.

drici

Ard-Rí

Och, it's not that bad. Could be all clear in time for the game.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Fuzzman

Quote from: Mourne Rover on March 22, 2013, 03:51:46 PM
Any word of conditions at Croke Park for Dublin v Down ? Even if the pitch is playable, there will be an issue about the safety of supporters travelling from the frozen north.

Can't see there being any issue with Croker
A lot of rain has fallen here in the last 24 hours but I'd say Croker is well able for it
Last weekend it had 2 games on it Sat and 2 then on Sunday.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2013, 04:00:39 PM
Fingers crossed for the Monaghan game being postponed. Would be very handy in getting the U21s rested and some of the AI champ's players back. Sadly we'd probably play the game in a blizzard to spite ourselves.
I presume the Co Board want Easter weekend for Club games.
I could see a late switch to Kiltoom happening  :D ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2013, 04:58:00 PM

The county board's gift to our All-Ireland champions, a pitch torn to shreds? Maybe they should just have paid for an open bar at the Hudson.

Hardy

Pl
Quote from: drici on March 22, 2013, 04:22:16 PM

Casey

Played on worse than that. I suppose you can't risk today's moisturised, manicured hardchaws slipping and breaking a fingernail.

Ard-Rí

I see that the game has now been officially postponed.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2013, 05:30:57 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2013, 04:58:00 PM

The county board's gift to our All-Ireland champions, a pitch torn to shreds?

Kiltoom pitch was in the usual decent shape today and could well hold another game tomorrow if need be.
however i don't think it'll be needed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM