All Ireland Senior Football Qualifiers 2012

Started by drici, June 12, 2012, 12:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/1206121213-gaa-football-all-ireland-qualifiers-round-1-draw/

The draw for the first round of the GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship Qualifiers will take place live on RTÉ Radio One's Morning Ireland programme on Monday, June 18 at 8.30am.

The draw will also be carried live on the RTÉ News Now channel as well as being streamed live on the RTÉ News and Sport website, RTÉ.ie.

Live updates will be sent out as the draw unfolds from the GAA's official Twitter account @officialGAA and full details of the Round 1 fixtures will be available on the GAA's website, GAA.ie, shortly after the draw is completed.

The teams that have already confirmed their places in the first round draw include Antrim, Cavan, Fermanagh, Armagh, London, Roscommon, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Louth, Longford, Wicklow and Laois

The losers of three further provincial games taking place next weekend – Derry-Donegal, Kildare-Offaly and Meath-Carlow – will also be added to the draw.

The games will take place on Saturday, June 30, with throw-in times and venues due to be confirmed by the GAA's CCCC next week.

Cold tea

Predicting a Kildare win, I would expect Armagh to progress to the lofty position of Round 2 should the avoid the loosers of Derry / Donegal and Laois.

EC Unique

stpauls

don't think so EC, they lost at the semi final stage so would go into round 2!

western exile

Quote from: EC Unique on June 12, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
Should Galway be on that list?
No. They beat Roscommon to make it to their provincial semi-final.  Semi-final losers go into Round 2 where they will play the winners of Round 1

EC Unique

Shamrock Shore

I hope there is some thought on where home advantage is. I'll accept first out of the bowl for this but I won't want to see again a decision to award home advantage to the so-called 'weaker' side. This clusterfcuk of an arrangement saw Longford deemed 'stronger' than Donegal a few years ago and we had to travel to Ballybofey to get well beaten.

I'd love to know what gimp decided that Donegal were weaker than Longford.

laoislad

Can we get Longford again? I hope we get Longford again...........
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

Sorry Laoislad

Gp back to dreaming about the glory days with the Swedish women!

I think Longford and Laois will be kept apart in round 1. We may meet again in round 4!

Cold tea

It is a bit unfair that if Cork win munster they wait 4 weeks for their next match.

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 12, 2012, 03:21:40 PM
Sorry Laoislad

Gp back to dreaming about the glory days with the Swedish women!

I think Longford and Laois will be kept apart in round 1. We may meet again in round 4!

After the Swedish bird went back to her homeland when the summer was over I started courting a girl from Ardagh..
It was like playing in the Champions League for a few weeks then been sold to Accrington Stanley..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 12, 2012, 03:17:41 PM
I hope there is some thought on where home advantage is. I'll accept first out of the bowl for this but I won't want to see again a decision to award home advantage to the so-called 'weaker' side. This clusterfcuk of an arrangement saw Longford deemed 'stronger' than Donegal a few years ago and we had to travel to Ballybofey to get well beaten.

I'd love to know what gimp decided that Donegal were weaker than Longford.

"Where a team is drawn away for the second year running, they will receive home advantage.

In the event of both teams having been drawn away in 2011, the first team drawn shall have home advantage."
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

drici

2011 1st Round:

Clare 1-12 Down 1-13

Laois 2-16  Tipperary 0-11

Antrim 0-16 Westmeath 1-07

Louth 2-08 Meath 5-08

London 0-15 Fermanagh 0-09

Cavan 0-11 Longford 2-16

Wicklow 1-18 Sligo 0-16

Offaly 1-18 Monaghan 1-10

Syferus

Not too bad for us in that most of the home advantage locks are relatively local, Westmeath, Longford and Fermanagh.