Yella(again) Free Staters v Crossmaglen 18 -02-12

Started by drici, January 28, 2012, 11:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Cross are going to beat the yellow Free Staters on the 18th of February.
The biggest match of the year - mabye more than that - now that yella Dromid are crawling on their Free State hands and knees. Dr Crokes have really upped it from the the Free Staters looking at their latest Property Supplement from the Free State Times(about to be bankrupt by the way) to what was just a match in Portlaoise - segregated from the ordinary people to the Cappo Free Staters. Let's go scumbaggers. Irish people will be there for a match.
Youse won't be tying any one to landmines this time you Free State Scum.

drici

Sunday, March 06, 2005
March 6th, 1923 - Ballyseedy Massacre Kerry
Late at night on the the 6th of March 1923, nine Republican prisoners - Pat Buckley, John Daly, Pat Hartnett, Michael O'Connell, John O'Connor, George O'Shea, Tim Tuomey, James Walsh and Steven Fuller, were driven to the remote Ballyseedy Wood near Ballyseedy Cross to be executed. As they were being loaded into the lorry, the Free State Army guards asked them if they would care to smoke, telling them it'd be their last cigarette. They were taken to a remote location near the banks of the River Lee, where a large log stretched across the Castleisland Road. The Republicans were all tied to the log alongside a mine which was then detonated. Several of the Republicans, however, survived the initial explosion. The Free State soldiers then proceeded to throw a number of grenades and shoot at them in an attempt to finish them off. This succeeded in killing all except for Steven Fuller who had been thrown by the initial blast into the river, from which he crawled to a nearby IRA hideout in Cnocan.

drici

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/people-queued-to-shake-this-sex-attackers-hand-108061.htm

Kerry People queued to shake this sex attacker's hand

By Donal Hickey Tralee

Thursday, December 17, 2009

IT was a scene that could have come from a John B Keane play – a bizarre gesture of support by some plain people of Kerry for a convicted sex offender.

Danny Foley, of Meen, Listowel, sat in the dock at the Circuit Criminal Court, in Tralee, yesterday, awaiting sentence for sexually assaulting a woman, having been found guilty by a jury almost two weeks ago.

A group of 50 people, mainly men and said to be neighbours and friends, trooped into the courtroom and marched up to the accused, in single file. Each man shook his hand – some hugged him warmly, with tears in their eyes. It was witnessed by the 24-year-old victim who cut a lonely figure in the front seat of the public gallery. Dressed in black, she sat with a female garda, a counsellor from the Kerry Rape Crisis Centre and a friend.

All the well-wishers then seated themselves in the public gallery. Judge Donagh McDonagh, who had not seen what happened, emerged from his chambers a few minutes later.

Foley, a 35-year-old bouncer who had been in custody since being convicted, then stood up.

Before handing down a seven-year prison sentence, with the last two years suspended, the judge told him he had lied about several things and there was something "particularly odious" about the allegation he and the victim had engaged in oral sex.

In the witness box, the victim calmly read from her victim impact statement in which she spoke of being judged in north Kerry for pursuing her case, but she was not sorry for telling the truth.

Parish priest, Fr Seán Sheehy, a character witness for Foley, said he had always struck him as having the highest respect for women, suggesting there wasn't an abusive bone in Foley's body.

The moment sentence was handed down, the accused's mother began to scream loudly. The judge ordered she be removed from the courtroom.

Vera O'Leary, director of Kerry Rape Crisis Centre, called for a system to protect victims of sex offences from intimidation in a courtroom.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/people-queued-to-shake-this-sex-attackers-hand-108061.html#ixzz1kncs9gWm

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

bigpaul

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I see, somebody has fallen into a stack of old newspapers.

drici

Quote from: Jinxy on January 28, 2012, 11:44:38 PM

Go to bed Drici FFS.  :D

You were noticed on the other threads.
Put a correct score forecast down and stop hiding. (and doing stupid faces as posts)

Jinxy

I think Crokes will win and at least two Cross men will be sent off.
1:12 - 1:09.

mylestheslasher

Drici, the gaa fanatic who escaped from maximum security asylum and now hides out on the Gaaboard when he's not our watchin obscure gaa matches or the webcam in Cavan town  :D

drici

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 29, 2012, 12:16:59 AM

Drici, the gaa fanatic who escaped from maximum security asylum and now hides out on the Gaaboard when he's not our watchin obscure gaa matches or the webcam in Cavan town

Obscurity is in the mind of the beholder. (Deleted the cartoon in the quote)

Jinxy

I get a bit scared of Drici when his posts don't include at least one scoreline.

Ulick

Seriously like, the one thing that always strikes me about Kerry, when you look at their war memorials the vast majority of deaths are from 1922 on. Tis like they skipped the real fighting and jumped on the bandwagon later.

ONeill

I wouldn't be deadly fussed on their butter either.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

QuoteTis like they skipped the real fighting and jumped on the bandwagon later.

Well that's not quite true. In 1916 they set off to capture the Valentia radio station, but drove into the River Laune at Killorglin instead.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orangemac

Many complain about the poor marketing of GAA games. This game is going to be a sell out next month.

Maybe the Gaa should take note of this and try and create a few more grudge matches.