The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2023, 11:43:24 AM
Can't blame Southampton either. I'm suprised they didn't ask for higher.

Its a rare fcuk up by Liverpool in these situations. Hopefully its only a coincidence that the new Sporting Director only started but you cant help but feel it would not have happened under Edwards.

Yesterday demonstrated how important this player is to Liverpool. They were overrun in midfield until Jones came on. I would have concerns about just how many times Szobolazki, MacAllister (and Jones) turned into trouble yesterday, and thats against a team that is not renowned for pressing.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2023, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 12, 2023, 10:47:56 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 12, 2023, 07:45:58 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 11, 2023, 03:34:44 PM
Looks like he's going to Chelsea..........

Looking like 115 mil...wonder what the plan is now? Back for Lavia?

For how much now though....

Update £60m apparently.... what a c**k up by Liverpool.

Yep, 50m would have sealed the deal last week.

Southampton and Brighton must be laughing their holes off at the carry on of Liverpool and Chelsea the past few days.

And rumours around too that Lavia also prefers a Chelsea move.

marty34

Quote from: J70 on August 14, 2023, 12:54:06 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2023, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 12, 2023, 10:47:56 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 12, 2023, 07:45:58 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 11, 2023, 03:34:44 PM
Looks like he's going to Chelsea..........

Looking like 115 mil...wonder what the plan is now? Back for Lavia?

For how much now though....

Update £60m apparently.... what a c**k up by Liverpool.

Yep, 50m would have sealed the deal last week.

Southampton and Brighton must be laughing their holes off at the carry on of Liverpool and Chelsea the past few days.

And rumours around too that Lavia also prefers a Chelsea move.

Would they not go for someone else now you'd think?

Surely their head scout must have a list of 4 or 5 of these type of players from all over Europe?

Armamike

Don't tell me this shite is starting all over with Lavia! 
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

Quote from: jcpen on August 13, 2023, 07:23:08 PM
That looked like a stonewall penalty for Liverpool

Any reason given why that was not a penalty?

Is hands in front of your chest while jumping considered a "natural" position?

In my own extremely mediocre days playing, I'd try to keep my hands there when going up for a ball as I'd a decent leap, but used to give away fouls for "climbing" if my hands were away from my body at all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on August 14, 2023, 02:33:47 PM
Quote from: jcpen on August 13, 2023, 07:23:08 PM
That looked like a stonewall penalty for Liverpool

Any reason given why that was not a penalty?

Is hands in front of your chest while jumping considered a "natural" position?

In my own extremely mediocre days playing, I'd try to keep my hands there when going up for a ball as I'd a decent leap, but used to give away fouls for "climbing" if my hands were away from my body at all.

Was a quick enough call from VAR and he'd his elbow by his side but caught the ball from the glancing header of Diaz, who was right in front of him, think if it had have hit him straight from the corner they may have given it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

The Athletic reporting that Lavia is heading to Chelsea.

Some lesson for FSG.

Dicking around over a couple of million, then throw up an outlandish fee for a different player, with Paul Joyce now reports looks like a case of them being used by the Caicedo camp.

Hard to blame Lavia if he tells them where to stick it.

rodney trotter

Almost 1 billion spent since Boehly took over Chelsea.

They are also in talks with Michael Olise

BrotherMore6592

Liverpool probably bid for Olise tomorrow   ;D

Armamike

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2023, 06:42:00 PM

It won't last. He'll eventually stop flashing the cash.  They're potentially causing themselves a lot of financial and player issues for years to come.

Armamike

Quote from: J70 on August 14, 2023, 06:28:31 PM
The Athletic reporting that Lavia is heading to Chelsea.

Some lesson for FSG.

Dicking around over a couple of million, then throw up an outlandish fee for a different player, with Paul Joyce now reports looks like a case of them being used by the Caicedo camp.

Hard to blame Lavia if he tells them where to stick it.

Exactly.  Hard to believe they would have blindly bid without getting positive signals from the player or Brighton. Looks like they've been played by the agent or the club to get more out of Chelsea.  They've ballsed up big time and under severe pressure now to get 2 quality signings in or may as well write the season off now in terms of getting near the top 4.

Captain Scarlet

Brighton would be fairly up front I'm sure but surely the agent has to say other clubs are in and offered X amount too?

Would Veratti be picked up on the cheap?

This is a bit like the defence a few years ago when VvD was gone the whole thing fell off and there was a scramble for centre backs, even though they knew Marip and Co were often injured.

Surely when Fabinho and Henderson said they were going they could have got a move on.

MacAllister will be a total waste if he can't be released up the field.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

J70

Quote from: Armamike on August 14, 2023, 10:47:05 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 14, 2023, 06:42:00 PM

It won't last. He'll eventually stop flashing the cash.  They're potentially causing themselves a lot of financial and player issues for years to come.

How many players have they put on these eight year deals?

What happens when some of them inevitably don't work out and they have to offload those ludicrous contracts?

Reminds of the NY Knicks over the past 20 years, although in the case of the NBA, there is a salary cap which means that bad choices such as those the Knicks front office continually makes will doom the team to irrelevancy and being the joke of the league. Whereas in football, FFP is the joke.

trailer