Bledisloe Cup- Tri Nations

Started by mc_grens, July 20, 2007, 03:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

The other big sporting occasion tomorrow...

What you reckon lads, Ive a gut feeling the Ozzies can do it, The Blacks are getting less and less impressive with each passing game.

Dinny Breen

QuoteThe other big sporting occasion tomorrow...

Do you think, the tri-nations has been terrible this year, New Zealand will win by 16 - 20. At home they will absolutely destroy the Australian scrum.
#newbridgeornowhere

inisceithleann

Thinnk NZ will win it easily enough. There's nothing worse than a wounded all black. They'll get lynched if they lose again. Their defeat to Oz was more down to their squad rotation policy, but at least its told the rest of the world that they aren't invincible. That's got to be good for world rugby. All blacks are a pleasure to watch. Agreed?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

mc_grens

Its been crap alright. Just have a feeling. The Blacks midfield will be well tested... Ive been thinking for a while that the world cup will be nowhere near as straight forward as a lot of people seem to think it will be.

If McAllister and Toeava come through tomorrow better than McAllister and Mauger a couple weeks back then I'll be proven wrong, just think the ozzies are slowly getting it together, peeking just at the right time, and Latham could make hi return at some stage tomorrow, strengthening them even further.

lynchbhoy

just hope that NZ dont show all their cards and tricks ahead of the world cup.
It would almost be worth it losing the Tri nations and Bledisloe cup to go on and win the WC (and shut up theose fecking english and whinging ozzies)

inisceithleann

My money is on france to win the world cup on home soil but their odds will be considerably shortened because of home advantage. I hope england get a real hammering by someone in the world cup. Even now when they are playing terribly you still hear them crowing that they are world champions. I'd be happy to see anyone take that title off them! :)

Dinny Breen

QuoteAll blacks are a pleasure to watch. Agreed?

Depends, when they play flowing rugby yes, but their constant cheating annoys the f*ck out of me so no they're not always a pleasure to watch..

The All-Blacks are vulnerable in the midfiled and they just don't have the quality there, it really is their only preceived weakness and Mortlock and Giteau will test it tomorrow but the problem though is against the All-Blacks you have very few opportunities to exploit that as they like to limit line-out possession, they dominate scrums which all means they effectively own the ball. They are a very hard team to play against and retain the ball.

As poor as England are their forward based power game is the way to play New Zealand, dominate them up front and you have a chance. Only South Africa at the moment are capable of playing that game, sorry Lynchbhoy I know you're a big England rugger fan  :P
#newbridgeornowhere

mc_grens

Both the Ozzies and the Safas have shown in the Tri Nations that if you play it tight defensively and match  the ABs in the physical steaks they dont know what to do.

I think the miss leadership away from the pack, and a bit of composure in tight situations in the backs, in short, when you take this and what Dinny said in his last post together, they havent recovered from the loss of Tana Umaga, and I think that they will be punished for it in the RWC.

Dinny- personnaly I think the French will wilt under the home crowd pressure. I think they could lose the opener, and we'll have a hell of a game on our hands in Paris

Dinny Breen

QuoteDinny- personnaly I think the French will wilt under the home crowd pressure. I think they could lose the opener, and we'll have a hell of a game on our hands in Paris

And I'll be there for it, I agree they could but the games between us, The Argies and France are just too hard to call and I can see all three side winning a game apiece. Those 3 games are going to be titanic and it's a great reward for the winning the group, a quarter final against probably Italy, so you'd almost be assured of a semi spot.....
#newbridgeornowhere

inisceithleann

argentina will be very difficult to beat. they're sore that they still aren't invited into the 6 nations or tri nations and i suppose this is there chance to make a name for themselves on the world stage. Any of you fellas think they should be invited into either of the tournaments i've mentioned? The problem is the travelling i suppose and the argies dirty tactics that many have complained of.

Tankie

Can't wait for this in the morning, the first game was savage, the Black may take another beating!!!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 20, 2007, 03:52:05 PM
[As poor as England are their forward based power game is the way to play New Zealand, dominate them up front and you have a chance. Only South Africa at the moment are capable of playing that game, sorry Lynchbhoy I know you're a big England rugger fan  :P
am more a fan of that (boring - yet to me fascinating) style than an actual 'england' fan. But yes, I quite liked them playing it - though the hoo haa that accompanied their win drove me nuts

they still have good players but ashton is rubbish - only Deano could have restored their power pack play.

SA have worse mental difficulties than NZ. Usually fall apart.
France and Aussies generally play better than they should.
Cant see beyond these four.

inisceithleann

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 20, 2007, 04:46:01 PM
[As poor as England are their forward based power game is the way to play New Zealand, dominate them up front and you have a chance. Only South Africa at the moment are capable of playing that game, sorry Lynchbhoy I know you're a big England rugger fan  :P
am more a fan of that (boring - yet to me fascinating) style than an actual 'england' fan. But yes, I quite liked them playing it - though the hoo haa that accompanied their win drove me nuts

they still have good players but ashton is rubbish - only Deano could have restored their power pack play.

I agree that one of these fours are the obvious winners, but surely this is Ireland's best ever chance of winning the world cup. Any of you think we have a realistic chance?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 20, 2007, 04:59:56 PM

I agree that one of these fours are the obvious winners, but surely this is Ireland's best ever chance of winning the world cup. Any of you think we have a realistic chance?

absolute-lyfucking-none

we will prob beat the aussies and english for the over-hype award

thats whats pssing me off about Ireland this past couple of years.
A little more concentration on playing the game and they might be capable of doing something with a bit of luck
but they still seem to have the pechant for the bright lights and attention, so with their collective heads stuck up their own erses - this will again pass them by

prob only will realise their mistake and correct it when past their sell by date and less effective
but
if contempomi was Irish, there would be a great chance

inisceithleann

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 20, 2007, 05:15:19 PM
Quote from: inisceithleann on July 20, 2007, 04:59:56 PM

absolute-lyfucking-none

we will prob beat the aussies and english for the over-hype award

thats whats pssing me off about Ireland this past couple of years.
A little more concentration on playing the game and they might be capable of doing something with a bit of luck
but they still seem to have the pechant for the bright lights and attention, so with their collective heads stuck up their own erses - this will again pass them by

prob only will realise their mistake and correct it when past their sell by date and less effective
but
if contempomi was Irish, there would be a great chance

i take it you don't think O'Gara can effectively control the game?