China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

How many boarders are off work and self isolating?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Working from home starting today. Will probably have to go in the odd day though. Kids are off school too.

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:25:25 PM

In a factory, have to keep going in.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on March 16, 2020, 02:28:03 PM
Working from home starting today. Will probably have to go in the odd day though. Kids are off school too.

But still exposing yourself to others? Not sexually of course  ;)

My point is, that period you're out and interacting with anything that contains the virus you'll bring it home. Surely it's self isolate or not all and be sensible when out (wash hands no touching no sneezing and all the other stuff)

I'm off till Wednesday, it's a fluid situation and our Danish CEO has spoken and said they will look after us, I don't see how they will if some of the experts on here think 18 months before getting on with our lives again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:34:49 PM

My point is, that period you're out and interacting with anything that contains the virus you'll bring it home. Surely it's self isolate or not all and be sensible when out (wash hands no touching no sneezing and all the other stuff)

I'm off till Wednesday, it's a fluid situation and our Danish CEO has spoken and said they will look after us, I don't see how they will if some of the experts on here think 18 months before getting on with our lives again

In our place we are implementing a strict 2m distance from others. It is bizarre to look at. We have procedures for constant hand washing, sanitising etc. Its like working in a bubble. Thats how we can justify keeping running. Its no doubt not idiot proof but we have to make what we make or people will die from a lack of our products. The food industry has to keep going too. Lock down is not 100% everything locked down, it cant be.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2020, 02:31:17 PM

Unless you're making ventilator machines I'd say get home

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:41:43 PM

I wish I could lad but no more than nurses and doctors, the people serving us in the shops etc we have to keep going or people will die of other things.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:34:49 PMI'm off till Wednesday, it's a fluid situation and our Danish CEO has spoken and said they will look after us, I don't see how they will if some of the experts on here think 18 months before getting on with our lives again

Its like talking with a 5 year old.

18 months won't mean at 17 months and 29 days its full lockdown and at 18 months 0 days its a free-for-all do whatever ye want.

If a perfect lockdown was initiated today, then within 2 months everyone will either be (i)cured and have at least short term immunity, (ii)dead or (iii)not exposed. No lockdown is perfect, so in reality you'll have a continued number of people being exposed and falling ill. The degree of lockdown required depends on whether the health services can cope with that number of fresh illnesses.

Of course, the thing is, the sooner a lockdown is initiated, the much smaller the growth would be - after all - 200 potential lockdown leaks is alot better than 200,000 potential lockdown leaks.  But Bozo and his team of elite fuckwits know best.

Quote"If you have to go outside put on gumboots or stout shoes, a hat or headscarf, coat done up to the neck, and gloves,"
- British government advice for dealing with nuclear war

Nothing has changed. There are still too many ignorant peasants all to willing to fall at the feet of the gentry and laud their intelligence - and snipe at anyone else having the sense to say "this is bullshit".
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2020, 02:58:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:41:43 PM

I wish I could lad but no more than nurses and doctors, the people serving us in the shops etc we have to keep going or people will die of other things.

At this rate I'll have to go back to the tools, 'ain't nothing going on but the rent' "got to have a J O B'

Taylor

Just doubling down with your nonsense now MR2.

Still taking the piss out of people who said how serious it was last week

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 16, 2020, 03:08:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:34:49 PMI'm off till Wednesday, it's a fluid situation and our Danish CEO has spoken and said they will look after us, I don't see how they will if some of the experts on here think 18 months before getting on with our lives again

Its like talking with a 5 year old.

18 months won't mean at 17 months and 29 days its full lockdown and at 18 months 0 days its a free-for-all do whatever ye want.

If a perfect lockdown was initiated today, then within 2 months everyone will either be (i)cured and have at least short term immunity, (ii)dead or (iii)not exposed. No lockdown is perfect, so in reality you'll have a continued number of people being exposed and falling ill. The degree of lockdown required depends on whether the health services can cope with that number of fresh illnesses.

Of course, the thing is, the sooner a lockdown is initiated, the much smaller the growth would be - after all - 200 potential lockdown leaks is alot better than 200,000 potential lockdown leaks.  But Bozo and his team of elite fuckwits know best.

Quote"If you have to go outside put on gumboots or stout shoes, a hat or headscarf, coat done up to the neck, and gloves,"
- British government advice for dealing with nuclear war

Nothing has changed. There are still too many ignorant peasants all to willing to fall at the feet of the gentry and laud their intelligence - and snipe at anyone else having the sense to say "this is bullshit".

You've given no information there at all, the 18 months I'd said was the period the real experts believe that a vaccine will be available. It could be ten or 20 months but timescales are given font lose your shit if those times don't happen.

Al the other other stuff the five year olds already know, are you at work?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on March 16, 2020, 03:13:49 PM

Just doubling down with your nonsense now MR2.

Still taking the piss out of people who said how serious it was last week

When did I post I wasn't taking it serious? Put up a post where I said it's all a hoax or stop worrying it won't happen

Itchy

In terms of a vaccine, and I admit I am no expert, I would be a little more optomistic. I think it is likely that the vaccine wont be hugely different than some other vaccine that may allow them to leverage of old trials. Also, if shit gets bad enough they may ok a vaccine on high risk patients who in turn will effectively become guinea pigs - obviously ethically dodgy grounds but if people are in real danger they may be willing to take the chance. Again - not an expert, just a hunch.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 03:16:47 PM
You've given no information there at all, the 18 months I'd said was the period the real experts believe that a vaccine will be available. It could be ten or 20 months but timescales are given font lose your shit if those times don't happen.

You used the term "experts on here".

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 03:16:47 PM
Al the other other stuff the five year olds already know, are you at work?

The joys of citrix. Can do it from home.
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2020, 03:21:28 PM
In terms of a vaccine, and I admit I am no expert, I would be a little more optomistic. I think it is likely that the vaccine wont be hugely different than some other vaccine that may allow them to leverage of old trials.

Despite SARS and MERS (both of which are coronavirus), there has yet to be a successful vaccine developed for a coronavirus.
i usse an speelchekor