Some people have nothing better to do

Started by Boolerhead Mel, September 12, 2008, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

it was me  >:( i made the complaint. dont be bringing them flags down to dublin either, the future is green and gold

pintsofguinness

What bullshit but then when you see some of the bullshit on this thread it's hardly surprising.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Pangurban

Petty and mean spirited complaint born out of the politics of envy. Sporting flags and emblems should not be equated with political flags and emblems, except for Celtic and Rangers tops which have a bitter sectarian history and potential to cause trouble. One further question, is Stormont a neutral workplace, with all the Unionist emblems such as Carsons Statue, would our Unionist friends wish to see them removed as they are much more political than a County Flag.

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: Pangurban on September 12, 2008, 10:28:48 PM
Petty and mean spirited complaint born out of the politics of envy. Sporting flags and emblems should not be equated with political flags and emblems, except for Celtic and Rangers tops which have a bitter sectarian history and potential to cause trouble. One further question, is Stormont a neutral workplace, with all the Unionist emblems such as Carsons Statue, would our Unionist friends wish to see them removed as they are much more political than a County Flag.

Is Belfast City hall neutral???
ta se mor

iluvni

Perhaps she could contact David Miller from Strathclyde University to discuss the incident.  Be interesting to hear his take on the matter, given that he deemed the Red Hand a sectarian symbol, complained and obtained a BBC apology over its use.

the green man

If someone came to my place of work with a Tyrone flag, I'd be most offended. I'd probably burn the car.

This is what I'd want to see

http://www.celticbadges.com/csc/246.jpg

pintsofguinness

Quote from: iluvni on September 12, 2008, 11:09:47 PM
Perhaps she could contact David Miller from Strathclyde University to discuss the incident.  Be interesting to hear his take on the matter, given that he deemed the Red Hand a sectarian symbol, complained and obtained a BBC apology over its use.
Mope

reddgnhand

Quote from: the green man on September 12, 2008, 11:21:32 PM
If someone came to my place of work with a Tyrone flag, I'd be most offended. I'd probably burn the car.

This is what I'd want to see

http://www.celticbadges.com/csc/246.jpg

Are you busy in the car wash ;)

iluvni

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2008, 11:24:49 PM
Quote from: iluvni on September 12, 2008, 11:09:47 PM
Mope

He certainly was.

Solomon Kane

A lot of people are missing the point here when they are discussing this. Sporting emblems have as big a capacity to cause grief in the workplace as the old sectarian arguments here. There are some very deep rivalries over the water which could really sour a working environment eg Birmingham/Villa, Newcastle/Sunderland, Man Utd/Man City and a host of others. All clubs right next door to each other were supporters are likely to work together, and with fans with a reputation of kicking the crap out of eachother at derby games. As far as I am aware there are bitter rivalries in the Eircom League as well. What would the argument be for differentiating between clubs or sports? The only sensible solution is a total ban.

As for Derek Hussey wearing an NI coat, he wasn't exactly in the workplace (apart from his own) so that argument is nothing short pathetic. The case of the poppy has been ran past the Equality Commission but if anyone takes offence to it they are free to put in a complaint.     

pintsofguinness

QuoteA lot of people are missing the point here when they are discussing this. Sporting emblems have as big a capacity to cause grief in the workplace as the old sectarian arguments here. There are some very deep rivalries over the water which could really sour a working environment eg Birmingham/Villa, Newcastle/Sunderland, Man Utd/Man City and a host of others. All clubs right next door to each other were supporters are likely to work together, and with fans with a reputation of kicking the crap out of eachother at derby games. As far as I am aware there are bitter rivalries in the Eircom League as well. What would the argument be for differentiating between clubs or sports? The only sensible solution is a total ban.
Well as bad as Tyronies are I don't recall any incidents of them anyone getting their head kicked in by a fellow gaa fan for having a flag on their car so what's your point?
The only answer to this incident isthat some bitter **** has nothing better to do and those on here defending him are showing themselves up to be just the same.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2008, 11:09:38 AM
QuoteA lot of people are missing the point here when they are discussing this. Sporting emblems have as big a capacity to cause grief in the workplace as the old sectarian arguments here. There are some very deep rivalries over the water which could really sour a working environment eg Birmingham/Villa, Newcastle/Sunderland, Man Utd/Man City and a host of others. All clubs right next door to each other were supporters are likely to work together, and with fans with a reputation of kicking the crap out of eachother at derby games. As far as I am aware there are bitter rivalries in the Eircom League as well. What would the argument be for differentiating between clubs or sports? The only sensible solution is a total ban.
Well as bad as Tyronies are I don't recall any incidents of them anyone getting their head kicked in by a fellow gaa fan for having a flag on their car so what's your point?
The only answer to this incident isthat some bitter c**t has nothing better to do and those on here defending him are showing themselves up to be just the same.

I don't see anyone defending whoever made the complaint. I am defending the concept of a neutral working environment. That is not the same thing - it is what protects us from bitter wee c***ts from the nationalist and unionist communities taking offence at every available opportunity.

pintsofguinness

You've defended him throughout this thread SK, so has evil genius which speak volumes about you both.

A neutral working environment is fine (though it's not something I agree with) but something like this takes it to the absoloute extreme - and it's a case of some bitter **** hiding behind a law to be a ****.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 13, 2008, 11:27:28 AM
You've defended him throughout this thread SK, so has evil genius which speak volumes about you both.

A neutral working environment is fine (though it's not something I agree with) but something like this takes it to the absoloute extreme - and it's a case of some bitter c**t hiding behind a law to be a c**t.

Point it out where I have defended him genius.

ziggysego

Where I work, their are people with Northern Ireland soccer emblems on their jackets. No one cares, as it should be.
Testing Accessibility