FAI Chief offers use of Aviva stadium to OWC Fans!

Started by The Worker, October 28, 2010, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf

Quote from: stiffler on February 16, 2011, 11:01:23 PM
Not trying to be the devils advocate, but i dont get your point that hartson was one of them that 'gets booed'. Outside of windsor (and ibrox!) where else did the occur? I know at anfield the night he scored a wonder goal he didnt get booed a la rooney and ronaldo!
..those who fans believe will be wound up by it or are exeptionally good generally get the bird,  from some though  there's no exact science to it IMHO...Rooney, Ronaldo, Beckham, Cole, Hartson, Berbatov, Bellamy, Savage, the Austrian no 7(?) (I think) , Gerrard , Boruc , any opposition player  taking a corner  at the Kop end, Ibrahimovic, to name a few. I think most are man enough to take it but if it helps the team gain any advantage (and we generally need one) NI fans will partake. I don't think that is unusual.

Back to the main point of the thread. The boys in the video have let themselves and all other NI fans down.

deiseach

Quote from: Olaf on February 17, 2011, 12:10:51 PM
any opposition player  taking a corner  at the Kop end

I presume you mean the Kops at Windsor Park or Elland Road. It doesn't happen as a matter of course in front of The Kop

Olaf

Quote from: deiseach on February 17, 2011, 02:56:17 PM
Quote from: Olaf on February 17, 2011, 12:10:51 PM
any opposition player  taking a corner  at the Kop end

I presume you mean the Kops at Windsor Park or Elland Road. It doesn't happen as a matter of course in front of The Kop
My only experience of being near or in   a "Kop" would be at Windsor (or the Alex Russell Stand to give the stand it's modern and proper  description).

Though, to be fair the shouts at corner takers are posed more in the form of ironic questions ie who are you? etc etc. The most vigorous (and loudest) was probably aimed at Beckham in '05. Took it well and applauded the same  fans at the end of the game.

Anyway , extremely bad form from  the boys in the video.

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 16, 2011, 11:29:27 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 16, 2011, 11:14:54 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 16, 2011, 10:56:32 PM

I'll meet you for a pint no bother gawa...don't agree with you about the booing to be honest but I'll forgive you cause your a Scouser  :)

No worries LL sure if everyone agreed on everything it'd be a boring place.

I'm up for a pint, might even buy ye one...ye know to help out that economy of yours!!
Ha!
Might actually have a spare ticket for it if ya want,you'd have to sit in the Home support though!

Cheers for the offer (I think) but I'm block booker so should be offered one when they come out

Big Puff

Irish FA to ban Northern Ireland fan after chants 

A number of Northern Ireland fans sang sectarian songs in Dublin

The Irish FA will hand out a life ban to a Northern Ireland fan who sang sectarian songs at last week's Nations Cup game against Scotland in Dublin.

The IFA has the name of the person involved and they will be punished if their identity is confirmed.

It follows complaints about sectarian behaviour during the game at the Aviva Stadium, which Scotland won 3-0.

The IFA has appealed for information on the identity of all those who sang sectarian songs at the match.

The Irish Football Association has been working with the Amalgamation of Northern Ireland Supporters Clubs and other relevant bodies to investigate the complaints.

The governing body will place a life-time ban on the named person, if they are identified, from receiving tickets to all Northern Ireland home and away games.

A token gesture or a warning to the remainder of the owc fanbase that this behaviour will not be tolerated?

Maguire01

What else could they possibly do? I think this is above and beyond what a lot of other associations would do.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 19, 2011, 01:40:58 PM
What else could they possibly do? I think this is above and beyond what a lot of other associations would do.
It is the absolute least they could have done. That said they should be commended for doing so in such a prompt manner.

Maguire01

Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 19, 2011, 01:43:36 PM
It is the absolute least they could have done. That said they should be commended for doing so in such a prompt manner.
So what else could/should they have done?

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 19, 2011, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on February 19, 2011, 01:43:36 PM
So what else could/should they have done?
Sorry, I agree there is little else to do, what I was saying is that they had no option whatsoever but to ban the individual if they wanted to retain any credibilty. They could possibly remind fans of this banning later on when the ROI game comes around, but other than that, not much.

Big Puff

Ban all the individuals involved, not just one

Maguire01

Spotted this on Twitter:

QuoteSo the fan given a lifetime ban for sectarian chanting in Dublin plays in the #ifaprem. Full Sunday World exposure tomorrow #scandal

SHEEDY

ballymena utd have released a statement saying one their players has been identified from the video singing sectarian songs at the aviva. he is a defender with the club called denver gage. 
nil satis nisi optimum

Doogie Browser

He deserves a lifetime ban for being called Denver!!

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Big Puff on February 16, 2011, 10:23:06 PM
Didnt John Hartson get booed at windsor due to his celtic connections?
Can't comment about Hartson  but in the  one and only time I have been  in Windsor park , the North were playing Switzerland and Ramon Vega got abuse from sections of the crowd as he was with Celtic at the time,