FAI Chief offers use of Aviva stadium to OWC Fans!

Started by The Worker, October 28, 2010, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 15, 2011, 08:18:13 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 15, 2011, 08:03:06 PM
http://www.u.tv/News/Anger-at-sectarian-songs-after-NI-game/c62e592b-b5ae-4087-bc2e-26eafb3c7ace

I wonder will there be a few more seats ripped up when north plays south in the Aviva?

Video of the OWCers in a bar in the Aviva Stadium at the Scotland game singing about being "up to our knees in Fenian blood", singing numerous other sectarian songs and shouting "up the UVF" etc  was reported today on UTV News as the main story. Strangely, BBC didn't see fit to report it at all on Newsline. Nor do they mention it on teletext. Or on bbc.co.uk/ni.

God forbid a minor scuffle might break out in a GAA club game though....
Yis may ring Bedfort St and ask them.

If there'll be seats ripped up?? They probably don't know
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 15, 2011, 08:24:23 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 15, 2011, 08:18:13 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 15, 2011, 08:03:06 PM
http://www.u.tv/News/Anger-at-sectarian-songs-after-NI-game/c62e592b-b5ae-4087-bc2e-26eafb3c7ace

I wonder will there be a few more seats ripped up when north plays south in the Aviva?

Video of the OWCers in a bar in the Aviva Stadium at the Scotland game singing about being "up to our knees in Fenian blood", singing numerous other sectarian songs and shouting "up the UVF" etc  was reported today on UTV News as the main story. Strangely, BBC didn't see fit to report it at all on Newsline. Nor do they mention it on teletext. Or on bbc.co.uk/ni.

God forbid a minor scuffle might break out in a GAA club game though....
Yis may ring Bedford St and ask them.

If there'll be seats ripped up?? They probably don't know
No, ask the hoors why UTV found it newsworthy and they didn't.

Hurler on the Bitch

Look it was only a bit of fun  :D I mean these guys didn't mean it. There is absolutely no way that they would want to 'up to their knees in Fenian blood'. These are fine upstanding, Christian, family men. I bet you a thousand pounds that if I had walked through there with a Celtic jersey on they would have shook my hand and patted me on the back.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on February 15, 2011, 09:24:21 PM
Look it was only a bit of fun  :D I mean these guys didn't mean it. There is absolutely no way that they would want to 'up to their knees in Fenian blood'. These are fine upstanding, Christian, family men. I bet you a thousand pounds that if I had walked through there with a Celtic jersey on they would have shook my hand and patted me on the back.

They same way a guy wearing a Rangers jersey wouldn't be too welcome walking through a group of ROI supporters,there are idiots on both sides.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Nally Stand

if I had walked through there with a Celtic jersey on they would have shook my hand and patted me on the back.

.....and got to know you, maybe bought you a drink. Found out where you live, then next day, there's a bullet in an envelope winging it's way to ya!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 15, 2011, 09:28:48 PM

They same way a guy wearing a Rangers jersey wouldn't be too welcome walking through a group of ROI supporters,there are idiots on both sides.

Idiots are everywhere, just some groups of supporters tend to be over-stocking with them. Any evidence out there of RoI supporters singing about being "up to our knees in Protestant blood"?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 15, 2011, 09:31:46 PM

Idiots are everywhere, just some groups of supporters tend to be over-stocking with them. Any evidence out there of RoI supporters singing about being "up to our knees in Protestant blood"?

Remember being @ an Ireland V Norway friendly a few years back and the t**ts behind the goal booed everytime some ex-Rangers players touched the ball.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 15, 2011, 10:09:29 PM

Remember being @ an Ireland V Norway friendly a few years back and the t**ts behind the goal booed everytime some ex-Rangers players touched the ball.

Hardly a parallel to singing openly sectarian, hate filled songs about wading through blood

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 15, 2011, 10:33:00 PM

Hardly a parallel to singing openly sectarian, hate filled songs about wading through blood

Still a disgrace brining their sectarian baggage from supporting a foreign non-Irish team in Scotland and booing players who had done no wrong, just because they used to play for another foreign non-Irish Scottish team into a game involving Ireland and Norway.

Donnellys Hollow

Wasn't that a match against Denmark?

The stadium public address mistakenly announced that Lovenkrands was coming on even though it wasn't him. Some poor unsuspecting chap got dogs abuse for the rest of the game from the 'Republic' crowd! Morons
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

David McKeown

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2011, 12:02:21 AM

The stadium public address mistakenly announced that Lovenkrands was coming on even though it wasn't him. Some poor unsuspecting chap got dogs abuse for the rest of the game from the 'Republic' crowd! Morons

In fairness whilst im not condoning booing that incident was light hearted enough.  Announcement came over the tannoy that the then Rangers player Lovenkrands wearing say 14 was coming on.  The crowd boo number 14 for about 5 mins then realise its not Lovenkrands so start to cheer the number 14 instead.  Very patronising message comes over the tannoy not to boo opposition players so the crowd start booing the Ireland team who were 3-0 up instead and cheering the Danes on, that continues for about 20 mins then Lovenkrands then comes on to pantomime style cheers for the last ten minutes,  it all seemed to be done in good spirits.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Main Street

And since that farce turned comical experience, Rangers/ex Rangers/alleged Rangers players, do not get the boo treatment.

Then there were the folk who singled out Holland's Jaap Stam for  booing at Lansdowne Rd, because some time previous he had been shown the door at Man U after becoming a persona non-grata there. 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2011, 12:02:21 AM

It may have happened @ a Denmark match too, but as I have only attended 3 senior International Ireland soccer matches, V Norway, V Australia & V Sweden, I'm pretty sure it was V Norway were I witnessed it.