Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 01, 2018, 09:17:02 PM
Tyrone lads played 5 club games already with another scheduled for this Friday night. How many have the Monaghan men played?
4 i think

trileacman

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 01, 2018, 11:02:53 AM
Quote from: Taylor on April 30, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
Quote from: tiempo on April 30, 2018, 02:08:38 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on April 30, 2018, 01:45:21 PM
I see T McCann was back playing at the weekend. Hopefully his hair, I mean knee, holds up until May 20th..

All codding aside, that must be a good boost for Tyrone.

Haven't heard anything from our side re injuries etc. Hopefully all men are still in tact and raring to go, it'll take them all..

Gets injured and misses Tyrone games, Tyrone go on a good run and look much more cohesive.
Gets fit and returns for club and they lose.
Go figure.

Ach wise up man

Strange comment indeed, I would have thought that he was a highly regarded player in Tyrone?  ???

There's strong competition in our half-back line and if he's not in serious form as he was for two years there  up until last spring then he falls back into the chasing pack. He's seen as a defensive liability by some. That may be a harsh assessment but he'll have to disprove the doubters the hard way. Frank burns looks to have cb nailed down barring a bad injury. Meyler had a brilliant run at hb during the league so is in pole position to nail down on of the wing back spots. That leaves a few quality players fighting out for Davy hartes old shirt.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

I wouldn't be surprised if Monaghan won this.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

square_ball

Quote from: trileacman on May 02, 2018, 02:05:56 AM
I see T McCann was back playing at the weekend. Hopefully his hair, I mean knee, holds up until May 20th..

Haven't heard anything from our side re injuries etc. Hopefully all men are still in tact and raring to go, it'll take them all..

Gets injured and misses Tyrone games, Tyrone go on a good run and look much more cohesive.
Go figure.

Ach wise up man

Strange comment indeed, I would have thought that he was a highly regarded player in Tyrone?  ???

There's strong competition in our half-back line and if he's not in serious form as he was for two years there  up until last spring then he falls back into the chasing pack. He's seen as a defensive liability by some. That may be a harsh assessment but he'll have to disprove the doubters the hard way. Frank burns looks to have cb nailed down barring a bad injury. Meyler had a brilliant run at hb during the league so is in pole position to nail down on of the wing back spots. That leaves a few quality players fighting out for Davy hartes old shirt.

I still think McCann has enough credit in the bank from previous years to get back in the team for the opener provided he proves his fitness. I'd say we could see McCann-Burns-Meyler in the half back line with a Donnelly-Sludden-Harte half forward line?

WT4E

Quote from: seafoid on May 02, 2018, 07:52:51 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Monaghan won this.

No Sh!t?? lol

I don't think anyone would be - Tyrone and Monaghan people included!

Fuzzman

There was talk a few months ago about the U20 Ulster championship preceding SFC games but from the ulster fixture list that game seems to be on the following Friday.

Will there be no game on the before the senior game?
I see throw in is for 4pm which is weird when there is no TV coverage or has it been changed now?

I think Tyrone will be ALL OUT to win 3 in a row Ulster titles as its rare to get that chance.
They probably know they are still not good enough for an All Ireland but 3 in a row Ango Celts would be say a lot about this team
Did Armagh or Donegal manage 3 in a row? If so when?

our_fella

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 02, 2018, 05:16:45 PM
There was talk a few months ago about the U20 Ulster championship preceding SFC games but from the ulster fixture list that game seems to be on the following Friday.

Will there be no game on the before the senior game?
I see throw in is for 4pm which is weird when there is no TV coverage or has it been changed now?

I think Tyrone will be ALL OUT to win 3 in a row Ulster titles as its rare to get that chance.
They probably know they are still not good enough for an All Ireland but 3 in a row Ango Celts would be say a lot about this team
Did Armagh or Donegal manage 3 in a row? If so when?

Armagh 04,05,06

Fuzzman

Ahhhhhhhh here, our fella!!!

Yer not seriously counting 05 when we played ye aff the field and ye cheated yer way to an Ulster title with sending on a player to get our two best forwards ever sent off.

Yis are some craic. Haha
:o

ziggysego

Quote from: tyroneman on May 01, 2018, 03:52:40 PM
As Han Solo once said.......

Never trust a Monaghan man with a gun?

No, that was Joe Brolly.
Testing Accessibility

trileacman

Quote from: square_ball on May 02, 2018, 08:55:29 AM

Go figure.

Ach wise up man

I still think McCann has enough credit in the bank from previous years to get back in the team for the opener provided he proves his fitness. I'd say we could see McCann-Burns-Meyler in the half back line with a Donnelly-Sludden-Harte half forward line?

I'll be very surprised if he does play to be honest. Our best league performance was against mayo and Donegal and it was Meyler/burns/Harte. In particular Hartes performance has improved since he went to hb and we need him in form. Donnelly will start in the middle particularly as we don't have Cavanaghs power and size there. So for me it's Harte/Burns/Meyler; Matty + Richie or McNulty, mc Geary/Sludden/Mulgrew
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Blowitupref

Monaghan 2-16 Mayo 1-13 in senior challenge tonight.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: trileacman on May 02, 2018, 08:54:47 PM

Go figure.

Ach wise up man

I'll be very surprised if he does play to be honest. Our best league performance was against mayo and Donegal and it was Meyler/burns/Harte. In particular Hartes performance has improved since he went to hb and we need him in form. Donnelly will start in the middle particularly as we don't have Cavanaghs power and size there. So for me it's Harte/Burns/Meyler; Matty + Richie or McNulty, mc Geary/Sludden/Mulgrew
Can't see Richie Donnelly or Mulgrew starting against Monaghan. McClure will take the midfield position beside Cavanagh if fit or then McShane or Mattie Donnelly.
Id say our middle 8 will likely look like this.
McCann/Burns/Harte
Donnelly/McClure
Meyler/Sludden/McGeary
Will McNammee get his place in the full back line is another question Harte has to answer. Tyrone looked to going well in there without him.

Under Lights

AFAIK Mulgrew got a shoulder operation last week, just hasn't been picked up by the media yet.

Gaafan2

Just confirmed Brendan Burns ruptured his ACL. Out for the season.

square_ball

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 02, 2018, 11:25:48 PM
Quote from: trileacman on May 02, 2018, 08:54:47 PM

Go figure.

Ach wise up man

Can't see Richie Donnelly or Mulgrew starting against Monaghan. McClure will take the midfield position beside Cavanagh if fit or then McShane or Mattie Donnelly.
Id say our middle 8 will likely look like this.
McCann/Burns/Harte
Donnelly/McClure
Meyler/Sludden/McGeary
Will McNammee get his place in the full back line is another question Harte has to answer. Tyrone looked to going well in there without him.

Forgot about Cavanagh more than likely being missing. That probably will mean Donnelly lining up in midfield. Full back line is up in hair I assume Hampsey is a cert but the other 2 who knows? For years it was an automatic selection (rightly or wrongly) with McCrory, McNamee and McCarron but probably one of the harder calls to make this year. Hampsey to pick up McManus? Whoever is on him it's just damage limitation.