Tyrone vs Armagh - 3rd June 7pm - Healy Park, Omagh.

Started by samuel maguire, May 31, 2023, 10:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

In some ways, this game is a free roll of the dice for Armagh, so I'd expect them to give it a rattle.  I'd be concerned that the exertions of getting past Westmeath, and just a 7 day turnaround, could come back to haunt us against a rested Tyrone outfit who don't want to be looking for their first win in the last game of the group.  I expect it to be tight and come down to the last few minutes of the game, well I hope that's the case and Tyrone ain't out of sight before then.  Should be a bumper crowd in Healy Park on a sunny Saturday evening.

Wildweasel74

If Armagh try to play the defensive format they be beat, beat trying to stretch the game with the good Forwards they have.

RedHand88

If Tyrone don't win we're officially in crisis.

seafoid

Armagh will have a Westmeath hangover on top of the Ulster Final hangover. Both conditions are untreatable.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

maddog

Quote from: seafoid on June 01, 2023, 08:51:35 AM
Armagh will have a Westmeath hangover on top of the Ulster Final hangover. Both conditions are untreatable.

Na, we might go for the cure

naka

Quote from: seafoid on June 01, 2023, 08:51:35 AM
a rattle at Tyrone just the cure.
dont know why i think this  but  if we play an attacking team and murnin stays fit armagh will win

bennydorano

Trouble with Armagh is everyone can see our attacking potential and are wondering why it's not being unleashed, there's a real danger our season ends prematurely playing this brand of shite and we'll be left wondering what was the bloody point of this whole year???

tbrick18

On paper this should be a very close game, in reality I'm not so sure.

Armagh could have won the ulster final against a below par Derry team on the day, but ill discipline and too many main players losing their nerve come penalties cost them. Then they just squeeze past Westmeath. It feels like the confidence is low and I don't think they have the scoring threat they think they have.

Tyrone on the otherhand, have had a poor start to the year but showed against Galway that they have improved during the break. They will take confidence from the manner of defeat when down to 14 men (and indeed 13 for a while).  I saw them against Kerry and they really were excellent that day. So they have show how capable they are against the top teams.

As much as I like to see Tyrone get beat, I think they'll win this one reasonably well.

lenny

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 01, 2023, 11:27:00 AM

Armagh could have won the ulster final against a below par Derry team on the day, but ill discipline and too many main players losing their nerve come penalties cost them. Then they just squeeze past Westmeath. It feels like the confidence is low and I don't think they have the scoring threat they think they have.

Tyrone on the otherhand, have had a poor start to the year but showed against Galway that they have improved during the break. They will take confidence from the manner of defeat when down to 14 men (and indeed 13 for a while).  I saw them against Kerry and they really were excellent that day. So they have show how capable they are against the top teams.

As much as I like to see Tyrone get beat, I think they'll win this one reasonably well.

The only provincial winner to win their first group game was Galway. Tyrone missed a big opportunity in that game as Galway were there for the taking and tyrone had weeks to prepare.

seafoid

Tyrone were good in the first half versus Monaghan and the second half versus Galway. If they can put 2 halves together they could be hard to beat.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rrhf

The only way I can see Armagh winning this is if David Gough from Meath is refereeing.

screenexile

How many Tyrone lads have left the panel in the past few weeks??

God14

Blowitupref

Quote from: lenny on June 01, 2023, 11:44:24 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 01, 2023, 11:27:00 AM

The only provincial winner to win their first group game was Galway. Tyrone missed a big opportunity in that game as Galway were there for the taking and tyrone had weeks to prepare.

Have seen the majority of Galways matches this year that game played out similar to others they won this year. Yes opposition can look back on what if moments but Galway have got into a habit of winning ugly and their game management is much improved even on last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Louther

I'm probably banging on but the crying over Ulster final tickets and the demand it be moved to Croke Park was annoying.

Tickets widely available online for this, including seated stand tickets now. Big game against Ulster rivals, one of them at home, short commute for others. And not close to a sell out.

I'd assumed Armagh would fill this on their own. It's not even giving rain this weekend.