Tyrone vs Armagh - 3rd June 7pm - Healy Park, Omagh.

Started by samuel maguire, May 31, 2023, 10:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Home advantage probably has Tyrone slight favourites. Never going to be an easy game against those f**kers but never gonna be much in it either.  Should be a cracking game, conditions will be tough in that heat though.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 31, 2023, 04:09:41 PM
[4 all irelands and numerous ulster titles. Thought that would have been obvious to someone called Captain Obvious 🤣

So you are basing it on nostalgia than Tyrones form the last two years. Still waiting on Seafoid answer.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 31, 2023, 04:06:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2023, 04:00:56 PM
Quote from: rrhf on May 31, 2023, 03:51:50 PM
It will be a tough battle but I still think Tyrone by 5 as they need it that bit more. I expect to see a little more memory muscle in Tyrones performance ie  for winning big games.
I think Tyrone are better than both Ulster finalists

Based on?
Derry without Gallagher are not up to last year's standards.
Armagh struggled against Westmeath and couldn't beat Derry.
Plus I think the format with the multi match run it to the qfs suits Tyrone.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Quote from: samuel maguire on May 31, 2023, 10:37:18 AM
I thought i would get the juices going my starting a new thread.

Predictions? I am going for a tight game with armagh to bounce back after 2 disappointing results to knick it by 2.

Emmm, I thought the mods wanted all Group 2 games to be in the Group 2 thread, lol.

Ah sure anyway, Tyrone by 5 ffs.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2023, 04:32:32 PM
It will be a tough battle but I still think Tyrone by 5 as they need it that bit more. I expect to see a little more memory muscle in Tyrones performance ie  for winning big games.

Based on?
It will suit teams that will top their group and how likely it that now to happen for Tyrone after losing to your own Galway?

Jury is out on Derry without Gallagher, beating the same division 1 opposition twice in a matter of weeks is never easy.  Armagh against Westmeath understandably had a Ulster final hangover after losing on penalties.

As I said already I feel Tyrone will edge this game with home and the schedule advantage.

tyrone08

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 31, 2023, 04:23:49 PM
[4 all irelands and numerous ulster titles. Thought that would have been obvious to someone called Captain Obvious 🤣

So you are basing it on nostalgia than Tyrones form the last two years. Still waiting on Seafoid answer.

It was a joke. Derry and armagh are probably ahead of the curve this past 2 years but it doesn't mean they are world beaters and no one would be suprised if tyrone beat either of them.

Ethan Tremblay

Hard to call this one.  As I have mentioned before Tyrone appear to be very much a jekyll and hyde outfit.  Good on a good day, bad on a bad day.  I would put Armagh into this bracket as well, throughout the year showing some good, but mostly bad. 

Tyrone should have a sting in them after the Galway game, and Armaghs performance against Westmeath left a lot to be desired. 

Both have something to prove and there is a lot at stake in this game, so it should be a good one. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

tyrone08

Quote from: statto on May 31, 2023, 04:14:59 PM

Based on?

Based on?

4 all irelands and numerous ulster titles. Thought that would have been obvious to someone called Captain Obvious 🤣

Not sure too many in current Tyrone Panel have 4 AI medals.  Man City need not turn up to Wembley on Saturday either given your logic

It was a joke. However you can rest assured the current tyrone players have at least 1 more All Ireland medal than both the current derry or armagh players combined.

Fuzzman

Hard to believe Tyrone have lost 4 championship games in a row in the last two season and after this weekend that could be 5, as they often don't play that well in Omagh when they're expected to win.

Most of the Tyrone team picks itself these days with only the half forward line being the only positions where they have struggled all year. A lot of us are probably disappointed to see so many half backs named in the HF line.
With McGeary, Sludden and M.O'Neill all struggling for form since 2021 and McShane's woes with injury, they seem to lacking in that area. Oguz hasn't really shined as yet and is still very young but someone new will have to come in for Burns. Could it be Ruairi Canavan perhaps?

Was thinking Armagh are a bit like the Dubs in that they seem to thrive on getting energy from scoring goals and often do so against Tyrone and so it will be interesting to see will they kick in more high ball to the full back line as Tyrone are unlikely to have 15 men behind the ball like Derry do. Hampsey will need to keep his head if he's marking Rian O'Neill who looked like a man possessed v Derry.

Tyrone bench is weak enough in my eyes with only Ruairi Canavan as the only exciting forward to bring in, with a lot of new U20 lads or Sludden. Would like to see Petey Harte get back to his old self and kick a few more scores.

Many of us were hoping the Galway game would be the real start of Tyrone's campaign this year with a big performance against one of the All-Ireland favourites. However, with very wet conditions combined with the early red and black cards, it turned the game into a damage limitation match for Tyrone and so it was hard to judge where we are really at.
Dooher and Logan will know this weekend really needs to go well for them or they will most likely come third/fourth in the table and another short season for Tyrone looms.

seafoid

Quote from: Orior on May 31, 2023, 04:33:48 PM
Quote from: samuel maguire on May 31, 2023, 10:37:18 AM
I thought i would get the juices going my starting a new thread.

Predictions? I am going for a tight game with armagh to bounce back after 2 disappointing results to knick it by 2.

Emmm, I thought the mods wanted all Group 2 games to be in the Group 2 thread, lol.

Ah sure anyway, Tyrone by 5 ffs.
Mod 5 told me exclusively that threads for high emotion ties such as Armagh v Tyrne could be generated separately.

illdecide

IMO had Tyrone kept 15 men on the field they would have beaten Galway...that defeat does put some added pressure onto Tyrone but unfortunately I can't see us beating them. We are too busy setting up our team to nullify the opposition instead of going for it and let the opposition worry about us🤷‍♂️. It probably will be a tight game as Armagh will play that defensive crap 🤦‍♂️ again which Tyrone will struggle to score but ultimately they'll get enough to beat us anyway but because it'll be a close defeat it won't look so bad. If only Armagh could just take the shackles off and go for it and if we lose we lose but at least we gave it a go.
So we'll lose on Saturday, Galway will beat us in two weeks time and we'll scrape thru and get a tough away game to Kerry for one last go and probably lose in Kerry by 1-2 points but put in a great effort 😂😂😂. Does that sound like an Armagh championship season🤷‍♂️.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Redhand Santa

Although it's a group game I think this could be a season defining game for Tyrone. It's hard to see us recovering from a fifth championship loss in a row to mount any kind of serious challenge. It would be a very poor reflection in all involved given our standing if we did.

A win on the other hand could get a bit of momentum going and there's probably no one out there unbeatable at minute if they did get act together. Hoping to see a better shape to the half forward line and maybe this is the night to let ruairi canavan in from the start at full forward. Could bring Darragh out deeper if he is fit.

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on May 31, 2023, 07:17:26 PM
IMO had Tyrone kept 15 men on the field they would have beaten Galway...that defeat does put some added pressure onto Tyrone but unfortunately I can't see us beating them. We are too busy setting up our team to nullify the opposition instead of going for it and let the opposition worry about us🤷‍♂️. It probably will be a tight game as Armagh will play that defensive crap 🤦‍♂️ again which Tyrone will struggle to score but ultimately they'll get enough to beat us anyway but because it'll be a close defeat it won't look so bad. If only Armagh could just take the shackles off and go for it and if we lose we lose but at least we gave it a go.
So we'll lose on Saturday, Galway will beat us in two weeks time and we'll scrape thru and get a tough away game to Kerry for one last go and probably lose in Kerry by 1-2 points but put in a great effort 😂😂😂. Does that sound like an Armagh championship season🤷‍♂️.

Quit your jibba jabbing fool, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 31, 2023, 04:42:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 31, 2023, 04:32:32 PM

Based on?
It will suit teams that will top their group and how likely it that now to happen for Tyrone after losing to your own Galway?

Jury is out on Derry without Gallagher, beating the same division 1 opposition twice in a matter of weeks is never easy.  Armagh against Westmeath understandably had a Ulster final hangover after losing on penalties.

As I said already I feel Tyrone will edge this game with home and the schedule advantage.
Ulster final hangover sounds like an excuse. Sligo didn't claim a Connacht final hangover. I don't think the Ulster finalists are great this year.

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on May 31, 2023, 08:32:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 31, 2023, 07:17:26 PM

Quit your jibba jabbing fool, lol

How long have u been waiting to say that😂. You're probably right though, just fed up watching defensive football 🤷‍♂️
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch