Oh Those Albanians

Started by In the Onion Bag, August 05, 2012, 06:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

A terrible result yesterday but this was somewhat compensated due to a chance meeting with a bunch of Albanians who it turned out are mad as feck Down fans. 
These guys were great craic, drank like fish and were surprisingly very knowledgeable about the Down team. its players and line out (wee James should watch out for his job).  Knew diddly squat about Mayo though. 
They only discovered GAA a few years ago since coming to Belfast and apparently adopted Down as their team because the red and black that matches the colours of their national flag. 
Although only a couple of them could speak english we had a great day with them and on the way home they were very complimentary about their first visit to croker.

Now that Down are out they will be throwing their full support behind Mayo.

Thanks Albania for at least one positive memory of an otherwise dismal day.  Some pics on this link. 

https://picasaweb.google.com/107323884327618491000/ParadorStuff

rrhf

Some strange stuff going on there

stephenite

My Granny lived around the corner from the Parador, I watched the penalty shoot out in Italia 90 there. The likes of those 2 blondes weren't hanging around back then!

bridgegael

They should have brought their boots
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

cadence

Quote from: bridgegael on August 05, 2012, 09:40:43 AM
They should have brought their boots

... hopefully they'll have children who'll take up the game. and if their children are any good, i hope they end up playing for down. now that would be an even cooler story.