Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 25, 2012, 11:36:12 PM
News just in , Sergio Ramos' penalty has just landed

NASA have dismissed rumours that there was a meteor collision over the planet last night and instead identified it as Ramos' penalty colliding with Charlie Adams penalty as it reentered the earths atmosphere following the Carling cup final penalty shoot out.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bingo on April 26, 2012, 12:42:56 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 25, 2012, 11:36:12 PM
News just in , Sergio Ramos' penalty has just landed

NASA have dismissed rumours that there was a meteor collision over the planet last night and instead identified it as Ramos' penalty colliding with Charlie Adams penalty as it reentered the earths atmosphere following the Carling cup final penalty shoot out.

I think both of them should be fined for losing good footballs.

AQMP

Wanted Real to win if only to see Drogba giving Pepe a torrid time in the final.  Bayern were the better team over the two games and deserved it (unlike Chelsea!)

Billys Boots

Quote from: AQMP on April 26, 2012, 01:51:03 PM
Wanted Real to win if only to see Drogba giving Pepe a torrid time in the final.  Bayern were the better team over the two games and deserved it (unlike Chelsea!)

I would have thought that Pepe was exactly the type of defender that Drogba doesn't like playing against.  That is quick, strong, dogged and mean. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Orchardman

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 26, 2012, 09:54:53 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 25, 2012, 10:32:34 PM
Spainish league the best in Eur,ope? Meh! ::)

The standard in the Spanish league is slipping, no teams in the Champions League final.

Hard to say, but probably still is the best. It's not france, nor italy, and certainly not england. Some experts have been saying the last few years the bundesliga is very strong, in terms of the football watched and the record number of crowds etc. Europa league with 3 spanish semi finalists shows good strengh in depth for la liga. I know there were 3 portugal teams in it last year but they were the big 3 teams in portugal, so that's different.

One thing is for the sure, the top 3 teams in europe are (in any order u want):

Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Barcelona

Milan and the EPL sides are a bit behind. I've already said my feelings on chelsea, though i'm sure even IF they wil the CL they can hardly be branded a top side if they only finish 5th in the EPL

GAA_Talk

Guardiola to quit at the end of the season and take a years break from football!!!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GAA_Talk on April 26, 2012, 05:51:04 PM
Guardiola to quit at the end of the season and take a years break from football!!!
Another blow for Barcelona. I wonder which team he'll manage next?

Dougal Maguire

Spainish league the best in Europe? Meh! ::)

And what league do you suggest is the best in Europe?
Careful now

GAA_Talk

Can't see Abramovich giving him the year off to be honest. Maybe Two weeks in the Caribbean if he's lucky.

Minder

Quote from: GAA_Talk on April 26, 2012, 05:58:45 PM
Can't see Abramovich giving him the year off to be honest. Maybe Two weeks in the Caribbean if he's lucky.

I don't think Guardiola is motivated by money so I don't see him at Chelsea.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyCake

Tweet of the day...

UEFA say John Terry can lift the Champions League trophy. Why would Bayern want him joining in on their celebrations?

gallsman

Hard to say who'd replace him as manager if, as looks likely, he decides to go. Luis Enrique looked a natural fit given that he'd be coming from a similar background where he knew many of the players from his own playing days and time as manager of the bBteam, but he hasn't had the best of seasons at Roma and they're unlikely to make the Champions League.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Orchardman on April 26, 2012, 05:46:48 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 26, 2012, 09:54:53 AM
Spainish league the best in Eur,ope? Meh! ::)

The standard in the Spanish league is slipping, no teams in the Champions League final.

Hard to say, but probably still is the best. It's not france, nor italy, and certainly not england. Some experts have been saying the last few years the bundesliga is very strong, in terms of the football watched and the record number of crowds etc. Europa league with 3 spanish semi finalists shows good strengh in depth for la liga. I know there were 3 portugal teams in it last year but they were the big 3 teams in portugal, so that's different.

One thing is for the sure, the top 3 teams in europe are (in any order u want):

Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Barcelona

Milan and the EPL sides are a bit behind. I've already said my feelings on chelsea, though i'm sure even IF they wil the CL they can hardly be branded a top side if they only finish 5th in the EPL
The Spanish league is still easily the best. As you say, 2 of the top 3 are Spanish, plus their 3 in the Europa League shows the strength in depth.

Their 6th best team gave the Premierships 'elite' a thumping!  ;D

Agent Orange

Hope Chelsea go on and win it now. Great performance on Tuesday night, rode their luck a bit, but they took their chances, where as Barca did not.

seafoid

Quote from: Minder on April 26, 2012, 06:29:07 PM
Quote from: GAA_Talk on April 26, 2012, 05:58:45 PM

I don't think Guardiola is motivated by money so I don't see him at Chelsea.
He's going to take on the Meath job