Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Mickey Linden

What do u have to do there illdecide if u dont mind me asking?

southderryman

Quote from: Main Street on February 18, 2017, 09:13:40 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 18, 2017, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: Hectic on February 18, 2017, 07:56:13 PM
Another week another disgusting challenge on a Celtic player escapes a red card. I have no problem with teams wanting to get stuck in but the more referees excuse over the top challenges the more common an occurrence they will become. Kieran Tierney is a lucky boy that he did not get badly hurt today.

The run we are on is absolutely incredible given that most weeks we are up against 12 men. Some disgusting assaults have gone unpunished in the last few weeks though.
The motherwell player went for the ball but the studs up follow through caught Tierney.
I'd say it was a grade 1 reckless challenge, red card.  Tierney had to use up one of his lives with that one.

I see McDonald still dives ......  at his age ;D  his best dive ever was to win that free kick v Man U which Nakamura brilliantly converted.

That must have been some dive as he wasn't even at the club then never mind on the pitch  ;D he didn't sign until the following summer

It was jarosik who got that free kick

Hectic

Quote from: southderryman on February 20, 2017, 04:56:49 PM
Another week another disgusting challenge on a Celtic player escapes a red card. I have no problem with teams wanting to get stuck in but the more referees excuse over the top challenges the more common an occurrence they will become. Kieran Tierney is a lucky boy that he did not get badly hurt today.

The run we are on is absolutely incredible given that most weeks we are up against 12 men. Some disgusting assaults have gone unpunished in the last few weeks though.
The motherwell player went for the ball but the studs up follow through caught Tierney.
I'd say it was a grade 1 reckless challenge, red card.  Tierney had to use up one of his lives with that one.

I see McDonald still dives ......  at his age ;D  his best dive ever was to win that free kick v Man U which Nakamura brilliantly converted.

That must have been some dive as he wasn't even at the club then never mind on the pitch  ;D he didn't sign until the following summer

It was a back dive. Got 10's all round, even from the Man U supporters.

Main Street

;D
Even if it was Jarosik, I still have the (erroneous) image of a tortured McDonald doing it in that game.

Main Street

just in case there are some small minded trolling pedants who are thinking that there goes the saintly Celtic diving to win the big games against the honourable Man U.
Minutes later in that game, the scales of justice were restored  when the ref gifted Man u a similar opportunity after a Man U player did a somersault feigning assault,  Scholes?? Ronaldo??  and that eventually led to a penalty which Boruc saved.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2017, 09:34:26 PM

;D
Even if it was Jarosik, I still have the (erroneous) image of a tortured McDonald doing it in that game.

Dutch Gold does have that effect on people
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

illdecide

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 20, 2017, 04:42:45 PM

A lot of things...you be responsible for patrons accessing and egressing the ground safely, you monitor the cameras during the game looking out for fans doing things they shouldn't be both in their seats and area of stands where refreshments and toilets are. You have to check flags and banners b4 game to make sure they're not displaying anything controversial. You have to make sure team bus has clear entrance into ground from fans etc and the bit that i'll not be involved with which goes on well before the game is the liaising with the police and Glasgow City council on the game...(the game is categorised on who your playing, the crowd expected, any previous trouble and the likely hood of any trouble, how many stewards, security and police needed for the game). There are loads more but that's the main ones.

Ohh and hopefully a we visit with Brendy after the game
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ned

Quote from: illdecide on February 21, 2017, 09:26:50 AM

A lot of things...you be responsible for patrons accessing and egressing the ground safely, you monitor the cameras during the game looking out for fans doing things they shouldn't be both in their seats and area of stands where refreshments and toilets are. You have to check flags and banners b4 game to make sure they're not displaying anything controversial. You have to make sure team bus has clear entrance into ground from fans etc and the bit that i'll not be involved with which goes on well before the game is the liaising with the police and Glasgow City council on the game...(the game is categorised on who your playing, the crowd expected, any previous trouble and the likely hood of any trouble, how many stewards, security and police needed for the game). There are loads more but that's the main ones.

Better behave myself then! Going to this with two cousins and their bhoys (first game at CP). Hoping the Celts put on a good show and the young uns are hooked for life just as I was forty years ago. Should be a championees party that day.

T Fearon

Careful I'll decide,you'll get a reputation for grassing like Lee Wallace

Mickey Linden

Happy days. Sounds interesting anyhow. Good experience

Main Street

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 23, 2017, 09:17:37 PM

Happy days. Sounds interesting anyhow. Good experience
Photo, we need/love to see the photo.

stew

I see on facebook wee Jay is expecting to stay at the Celtic Hotel by the time the St Mirren game rolls around, his mum and dad are in for a long earful on that score, I say when it is done him and big Samaras get to cut the ribbon. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on February 23, 2017, 06:33:38 PM

TF if you're doing something you shouldn't be we'll be watching you...I'm looking forward to it as i haven't done a game in the control room since the Commonwealth Games was on in Celtic Park and they have up-graded all their security and cameras for that. Neil Lennon got me into this a few years back and can't thank him enough for it TBH...

P.S. Whats the odds on a Celtic v Hibs Scottish Cup final (Lennon v Rodgers)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on February 14, 2017, 11:24:59 PM
PSG 4 Barcelona 0 puts the 7 nil defeat to Barca in perspective.Lets hope lessons have been learned and such dire results are never repeated.

And by that logic:

Lyon 11 AZ Alkmaar 2

stew

Quote from: illdecide on February 24, 2017, 09:03:22 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 23, 2017, 06:33:38 PM

TF if you're doing something you shouldn't be we'll be watching you...I'm looking forward to it as i haven't done a game in the control room since the Commonwealth Games was on in Celtic Park and they have up-graded all their security and cameras for that. Neil Lennon got me into this a few years back and can't thank him enough for it TBH...

P.S. Whats the odds on a Celtic v Hibs Scottish Cup final (Lennon v Rodgers)

Would love a Celtic Hibs final.

As long as Celtic win of course.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.