The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: on the sideline on February 27, 2017, 09:53:40 PM
Worst thing is I bet we could all see that result coming before the game they way things have been going. :-\
Yep. I had the feeling since Ranieri was sacked that this was gonna happen tonight.
Is there any other team that can be so brilliant one game and absolutely horrendous the next?
The thing is I would actually back them to beat Arsenal next week. It's so f**king frustrating.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

on the sideline

Quote from: laoislad on February 27, 2017, 09:55:59 PM
Worst thing is I bet we could all see that result coming before the game they way things have been going. :-\
Yep. I had the feeling since Ranieri was sacked that this was gonna happen tonight.
Is there any other team that can be so brilliant one game and absolutely horrendous the next?
The thing is I would actually back them to beat Arsenal next week. It's so f**king frustrating.

Snap.

imtommygunn

Yes. Leicester!

Aaron Boone

At least respected posters on here called out Klopp early doors. The internet was behind gaaboard in that respect.

JoG2

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 27, 2017, 10:11:49 PM
At least respected posters on here called out Klopp early doors. The internet was behind gaaboard in that respect.

Klopp's pedigree will come through

The Stallion

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 27, 2017, 10:11:49 PM

Thanks. Still waiting on apologies from a few posters who ridiculed my completely accurate assertion that Klopp is not a very good manager. Perhaps they are too proud and stubborn to admit I was right all along.

I have been ploughing a lone furrow, battling against the rank stupidity of all my fellow Liverpool supporters on here for over a year in my attempts to make you all see what has been clear to me from the beginning.

Klopp is a clown, not a genius like I've been told by those who preferred blind faith over common sense.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 27, 2017, 10:10:37 PM

Yes. Leicester!
;D Feck off!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

One thing that is apparent, is there isn't a set of balls in the team. No guts when things take a turn for the worse. You could see how that game was going after 10 minutes
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on February 27, 2017, 11:05:26 PM
One thing that is apparent, is there isn't a set of balls in the team. No guts when things take a turn for the worse. You could see how that game was going after 10 minutes

I think you can tell that in every Liverpool game. At least Klopp is calling it as it is and not talking about character, but that was reminiscent of a Rodgers performance towards the end.

Minus15

That team has proven itself to be lacking in a backbone. This has happened one too many times. Go a goal behind and they are less than ordinary. Go a goal up and they are flying. They had no divine right to win the game yet they played like it was going to be a cakewalk. Ranieri's sacking couldn't have come at a worse time.

Liverpool would have to be favourites for 6th now.

Individually, Matip is not what we thought he might be. He is decent on a free but has errors in him. Sakho at Palace is a real shame with poor Lucas having to face up to Vardy in that form.

Last word reserved for the manager. Not good enough. Changing to a back 3 fair enough but Moreno should have come on at half time to do that. I actually would have taken Clyne off and put Milner to the right.

Buvac had to make a claim for Moreno to come on and basically pleaded with Klopp to make that change too when Origi was being introduced. We need better than that from Klopp if top 4 is to be achieved.

J70

Quote from: Minus15 on February 28, 2017, 12:39:04 AM
That team has proven itself to be lacking in a backbone. This has happened one too many times. Go a goal behind and they are less than ordinary. Go a goal up and they are flying. They had no divine right to win the game yet they played like it was going to be a cakewalk. Ranieri's sacking couldn't have come at a worse time.

Individually, Matip is not what we thought he might be. He is decent on a free but has errors in him. Sakho at Palace is a real shame with poor Lucas having to face up to Vardy in that form.

Last word reserved for the manager. Not good enough. Changing to a back 3 fair enough but Moreno should have come on at half time to do that. I actually would have taken Clyne off and put Milner to the right.

Buvac had to make a claim for Moreno to come on and basically pleaded with Klopp to make that change too when Origi was being introduced. We need better than that from Klopp if top 4 is to be achieved.

Klopp has to answer for why Lucas was put up against a speed merchant in Vardy, who's signature strength is playing on the last defender's shoulder and running on to through or over the top passes. And why the team came out and failed utterly to compete in the physical stakes and were second to every ball. It didn't take much insight to see the Leicester players would be up for this game after the hammering they've taken in the press over the past few days. Its not like the Liverpool players CAN'T do it. They pummeled Spurs in terms of intensity in their last match, and gave plenty of effort against Chelsea a few weeks ago. And its not like Leicester parked the bus either. There was plenty of space there for them there tonight, had they been up for it. Thinks that was possibly the worst game of the season for Lallana. Firmino not far behind him, although he's had a few stinkers lately.

Hectic

Same old same old - keep ffffing up games that should be winning but will turn round and beat Arsenal at the weekend in keeping with raising the game against the top teams.  Consistency badly missing.

The Stallion

What a difference a few short weeks makes eh Minus15?

Feb 6th:
Predictable enough. I don't agree with you. I don't believe Klopp is a bad manager and I don't believe you have been right all along.

Today:
Last word reserved for the manager. Not good enough

Lol

ballinaman

Anyone read the article about Klopp changing main training to 5pm instead of the morning...playing puck with body clocks supposedly.

johnneycool

Quote from: Minus15 on February 28, 2017, 12:39:04 AM

Sahko played well for Palace on Saturday, will Klopp eat a large slice of humble pie and bring him back into the fold?