Facebook - a penny for your thoughts.......

Started by J OGorman, January 18, 2011, 01:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Don't know what she looked like, sure she lived in London.  An older woman though.

Puckoon

Quote from: Rois on January 05, 2012, 04:51:04 PM
Don't know what she looked like, sure she lived in London.  An older woman though.

Then all should be forgiven.

Hashtag

From your story I believe you were involved in the break up of their relationship. You said 'WE found his skype account'. Surely you would of seen a picture of her? Do you know her name so we can at least look her up on the amazing tool that is Facebook?- THIS IS WHY IT WAS INVENTED

Rois

Quote from: Hashtag on January 05, 2012, 05:01:45 PM

From your story I believe you were involved in the break up of their relationship. You said 'WE found his skype account'. Surely you would of seen a picture of her? Do you know her name so we can at least look her up on the amazing tool that is Facebook?- THIS IS WHY IT WAS INVENTED

I was involved in post-break up investigations (hated the fella, the double life only came to light afterwards), but this was 3 or so years ago, am sure I knew the name at the time but can't remember now. 

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Rois on January 05, 2012, 05:06:12 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on January 05, 2012, 05:01:45 PM

I was involved in post-break up investigations (hated the fella, the double life only came to light afterwards), but this was 3 or so years ago, am sure I knew the name at the time but can't remember now. 
The kind of person his own mother would even find hard to love  :)

BennyCake

People complain about having no privacy these days, yet put info and photos of themselves and family etc on Bookface, for the whole world to see. Even after they know what Bookface are doing with your info, they dont leave it.

I also don't understand this "social" network term. What's social about sitting behind a laptop snooping on what others are up to? I really don't get it.

ballinaman

Quote from: Puckoon on January 05, 2012, 04:09:18 PM
Moral of the story is have a decent password that can't be "somehow found out", would be my take on it.

Women are mental? That was established a long time ago.
True, was a variation of my laptop password so she must have tried a few until she got it.

Minder

Quote from: BennyCake on January 05, 2012, 07:01:34 PM
People complain about having no privacy these days, yet put info and photos of themselves and family etc on Bookface, for the whole world to see. Even after they know what Bookface are doing with your info, they dont leave it.

I also don't understand this "social" network term. What's social about sitting behind a laptop snooping on what others are up to? I really don't get it.

Best I saw on Facebook was some bird putting "I am so angry" on her wall, the usual fuckwits would then say "What's up ", she replied "I don't want to talk about it". :-[
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Quote from: Minder on January 05, 2012, 07:06:46 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 05, 2012, 07:01:34 PM

Best I saw on Facebook was some bird putting "I am so angry" on her wall, the usual fuckwits would then say "What's up ", she replied "I don't want to talk about it". :-[

This, or variations on it are omnipresent. I actually had to block a family members feeds from coming onto my page.

maggie

I'm guilty of posting the occasional stupid status myself.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maggie on January 05, 2012, 07:28:59 PM
I'm guilty of posting the occasional stupid status myself.
You're a woman, you can't help yourself.

ONeill

I think that was an interesting discussion and my take on it now is that it's simply down to your sex/gender.

Stereotyping here, but on the whole:

Women tend to post pictures of themselves and update where they are.
Men tend to attempt to post jokes/funny comments or post pictures of either supposedly funny things or locations.

And there's nowt wrong with either I suppose. I feel cured.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Treasurer

It has its uses - as already said, it's particularly useful for keeping in touch with old friends or family abroad or whatever.

I have a few things that bug me, most of them covered already - the drama queens/kings and the non-friends sending friend request would be two of the big ones.  Another one that bugs me is couples posting little luvvey duvvey notes to each other - especially when they're obviously in the same place at the time! 

The Iceman

Thought some of you might appreciate this parody on the Social Network. What the world would be like if we didn't have facebook.
Really highlights how ridiculous the whole thing has become
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95N3EV4jAoE
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight