Tyrone v Mayo - Sun 2nd Feb - 2.30pm - Healy Park, Omagh (Joe McQuillan ref)

Started by tyroneman, January 29, 2019, 10:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 03, 2019, 05:54:38 PM
Ha ha the fuckin state of Tyrone

Sounds like yer in a right state yerself at 5pm on a Sunday. Looking forward to the Monday club buddy?  ;D

whitey

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 03, 2019, 06:18:34 PM
Keegans antics yet again blot an otherwise superb mayo performance.

You mean like the time Cavanagh clattered him in the back in the AISF and he stood up for himself....despicable behavior

TheMaster

Keegan and Cooper from dublin are masters of the dark arts.

RedHand88

Quote from: whitey on February 03, 2019, 06:26:07 PM

You mean like the time Cavanagh clattered him in the back in the AISF and he stood up for himself....despicable behavior

No more like the time he threw his GPS tracker at Dean rock when he was hitting a free. Some thing which is beyond anything any Tyrone player has done in recent years.

RedHand88

Trone need to sort out the forwards and fast. One of our best out the field men (harte) stuck in the full forward line? Was that the same last week?
Very few positives, though Donnelly did well bottling up O'Se and dare I say it but Morgan was a dab hand when he went on a solo run.
What's the story with Colm cav?

whitey

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 03, 2019, 07:22:00 PM
Trone need to sort out the forwards and fast. One of our best out the field men (harte) stuck in the full forward line? Was that the same last week?
Very few positives, though Donnelly did well bottling up O'Se and dare I say it but Morgan was a dab hand when he went on a solo run.

In a game when one of our players got headbutted and ended up with 9 stitches over his eye, throwing the GPS was in the hapenny place

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 03, 2019, 07:17:51 PM
Quote from: whitey on February 03, 2019, 06:26:07 PM

No more like the time he threw his GPS tracker at Dean rock when he was hitting a free. Some thing which is beyond anything any Tyrone player has done in recent years.

Worse than dropping the knees onto a player on the ground who is unable to defend himself?

sekibanki

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 03, 2019, 07:22:00 PM
Thought Harte was bottled up at FF in the McKenna final as well. Not sure what it's about, my only thought was it may be a play to take advantage of the offensive mark. But he's best running from midfield and distributing ball from there.

delgany

Peter Harte was brutal today. End of . Should have been subbed off

omagh_gael

Petey had an absolute mare today. All the small things went wrong for him. His handling let him down, solos went too high and he was dispossessed, shots fell short etc. Just one of those days.

I'm hoping we're a good bit behind other teams in the fitness department. Mayo's conditioning way ahead out there today. Their runners blitzed past our defenders at will.

Sometimes you just have days when you shit the togs all round the field and the other team is on fire. Last week Kerry should have buried us, Mayo did it to us today.

LSt year in the league we steamrolled both these teams. Wonder if that was a motivating factor this year?

On a more sobering note, thought we got a glimpse of why Lee Brennan hasn't really taken off as well as we might have hoped. It was clear today that he is really lacking in a burst of speed. Against the top teams a fast corner back often has his card marked. In saying that he destroyed Mayo last year and that was a defenders day/pitch out there today.

Anyway, looking at the table and we've played both second and first place. Need to pick up points pretty quickly. Still think we comfortably avoid relegation but won't trouble 4th place or above.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 03, 2019, 05:25:35 PM
Delighted with that win. Two great goals. Tyrone were awful alright but did Mayo make them look poor? Hopefully the good results can continue next week.

Maybe Mayo haven't gone away you know.

Jaysus, that was an unexpected shot in the arm. Terrific result against one of the serious teams and they actually got a better start than we did as well. The newbies did really well and were instrumental in a good joined-up performance overall. New lads have great speed as well as being able to play a bit.
2 wins while experimenting is a great return from first 2 rounds. Another win and we should be ok in Div 1 again. Leaves more opportunities then to try different players, give the younger lads more time and build a bit of depth for Summer.

ONeill

That was depressing to watch.

I think you're hard on Harte. He was the only player taking the game to Mayo in their half. He was busted late on and made errors but only for him we could have been scoreless again for the majority of it.

I just can't see what the plan is that is in any way different from last year. Are Colm and Bradley really that big of a loss in that we now look like a poor division 2 team? Has the Dublin defeat affected this team that badly? Or is it just February?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Maybe harsh on Petey but I was right down in line with the goalmouth and he made a number of really uncharacteristic simple errors (high solos etc) that cost us great positions.

To be fair the whole forward unit had a stinker. Anyway, onwards and (hopefully) upwards!

southtyronegael

wonder where peter harte will play next week? full back? goals? must have played most positions at this stage.

ONeill

The sidewards and backwards passing was very annoying, especially when a right few points down. It's as if our lads are so programmed to do it that any sense of doing something slightly different isn't an option. The best sides are finding us an easy touch to defend against.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.