Laois SHC 2023

Started by TheGiantSquid, July 31, 2023, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

If portlaoise can't win this with 2 extras lads from. Limerick and kerry aswell there going no where.

Verbal

Foley is from Kerry and Sheehan from Limerick ye?
What's their back story?
From Google;
Foley seems to have represented Kerry.
Sheehan seems to have played a hell of a lot of sports!

Nice little bonus for any team.
Are they both in their first year with Portlaoise.

Had Portlaoise many involved with the footballers on Sunday?

Spiritof1915

Quote from: Verbal on October 16, 2023, 03:01:50 PMFoley is from Kerry and Sheehan from Limerick ye?
What's their back story?
From Google;
Foley seems to have represented Kerry.
Sheehan seems to have played a hell of a lot of sports!

Nice little bonus for any team.
Are they both in their first year with Portlaoise.

Had Portlaoise many involved with the footballers on Sunday?

2 guards. Sheehan hurled senior in Limerick with murroe-boher.
Foley won an all ireland medal with kerry minor footballers. Also hurled senior with kerry if I'm not mistaken. Both good additions but don't know if they will be long term additions. They have some good talent coming thru with Dj white, young raggett and brocken in the goals.
They might not be far off Castletown, rosenallis, The Harps, abbeyleix, if they do manage to win. Tommy Fitz staying in charge will be key

Laois man

4 or 5 I think with bot codes. Flanagan. Maca Dj White Conor brown Raggart. Maybe more.

Verbal

Quote from: Verbal on October 16, 2023, 11:55:02 AMColt Shanahoe v Trumera
You'd imagine that Colt Shanahoe should have too much at the second time of asking. Is Keyes around does anyone know?
Trumera keep surprising us.

Ballyfin v Portlaoise
An interesting one here. Portlaoise like to dictate things and play in a very set manner. Interesting to see if they can get into their groove next Sunday.
They are hard to stop once the scores start rolling. They look well prepared and have an intent in how they wish to go about things.
Ballyfin are quite dogged, look well set up too and will certainly get in amongst Portlaoise.
Finn, Lanham, Lyons, Darragh Connolly all bring a high level of aggression and physicality.

It will come down to whether Portlaoise can get it going moving the ball from line to line with runners and short stick passes. Or can Ballyfin disrupt this.
The weather could play a part in answering this question too.

Can't make my mind up fully.

Colt Shanahoe by 5
Ballyfin by 4

Expect to be wrong on at least one of them!

burdizzo

Quote from: Verbal on October 21, 2023, 12:20:31 PM
Quote from: Verbal on October 16, 2023, 11:55:02 AMColt Shanahoe v Trumera
You'd imagine that Colt Shanahoe should have too much at the second time of asking. Is Keyes around does anyone know?
Trumera keep surprising us.

Ballyfin v Portlaoise
An interesting one here. Portlaoise like to dictate things and play in a very set manner. Interesting to see if they can get into their groove next Sunday.
They are hard to stop once the scores start rolling. They look well prepared and have an intent in how they wish to go about things.
Ballyfin are quite dogged, look well set up too and will certainly get in amongst Portlaoise.
Finn, Lanham, Lyons, Darragh Connolly all bring a high level of aggression and physicality.

It will come down to whether Portlaoise can get it going moving the ball from line to line with runners and short stick passes. Or can Ballyfin disrupt this.
The weather could play a part in answering this question too.

Can't make my mind up fully.

Colt Shanahoe by 5
Ballyfin by 4

Expect to be wrong on at least one of them!

Oooh. I'd have Portlaoise as favourites.

Verbal

They are bookies favourites.
Ballyfin have had a very good year and been very consistent.

burdizzo

Yes, I believe Keyes will be there. Their third time flying him home this year! So, it'll be an expensive title should they actually win it!
Trumera are amazing - how they get so much from so little. You really have to admire them. I don't think they're good enough to win the intermediate, but even getting to a final is some testament to their doggedness.

Verbal

Very poor game today, Ballyfin very disappointing.
I think that kills any debate over a 10 team senior.
There just aren't 10 teams.
It would be a case of bringing the standard down without a good justification.

In fairness to Portlaoise, impressive to overcome the loss of Macca and win. They are better equipped to have a go at senior. Hopefully better times ahead for hurling in the town.

Zooming around

When are Camross out in Leinster?

Spiritof86

Quote from: Zooming around on October 23, 2023, 01:26:22 PMWhen are Camross out in Leinster?

Sunday 12th November. Home to Kildare champions.

burdizzo

Quote from: Spiritof86 on October 23, 2023, 02:40:35 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on October 23, 2023, 01:26:22 PMWhen are Camross out in Leinster?

Sunday 12th November. Home to Kildare champions.

That'd be Naas, and they'd be good enough. I'd expect them to beat Camross.

Laois man

Naas would be strong after winning 5 in a row senior finals in kildare. Will there be a few of that plaois team called into laois senior panel. Byrne Sheehan etc? To me Sheehan is senior B hurler of the year.

John1

Have to agree both games Saturday & Sunday were poor viewing. Ballyfin looked leggy and very limited. Portlaoise created a lot more scoring chances and should of been ahead more at half-time, they were doing all the hurling.
No atmosphere at the game though, surely they could of had a double-header with the Intermediate Final Replay as curtain raiser
Judging on that Game it could not justify automatic promotion for the likes of Ballyfin to a 10 Tier Senior Competition as there would be no improvement to the overall standard which should be priority. Some changes needed though to make games more exciting & that competitive edge in Games / Teams before Semi-Finals stages.

Colt Shanahoe better team Saturday and deserved win, Trumera were very poor though throughout the game compared to the 1st Day when they got going , They are one hell of a proud club though, always get the best out of what they have. Colt Shanahoe could struggle going up a grade on that viewing

Camross could struggle to beat Naas, Naas are an athletic enough side as well as hurling improving massively, Camross will be focused though after seen what Naas did to Shinrone last year id imagine and an early start against Ballyhale too they were 6 up after 10 minutes until Ballyhales class kicked in

New Senior Management Team confirmed , what's the thoughts on this ?

Laois man

Any update on many new faces gone into senior hurling panel training.