All Ireland tickets

Started by ck, September 18, 2012, 11:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Square Ball

my own club is holding a fund raising ballot for 2 All Ireland Hurling or Football final tickets, the first drawn ballot picks. the ballots are £5 and can be purchased by following this link http://www.bredaghgac.com/-news/all-ireland-final-tickets-draw-91

cheaper than buying on ebay.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

donegal lad

Heard last night from a very close family friend that he was offered 2 tickets from a very well known player from Derry for £600 for the pair. IMO this player should never get tickets again

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2012, 08:37:41 PM
In fairness, I don't have a problem with every county player getting a ticket. They put a lot in, and should be offered the chance of seeing the final of the competition they were in.

However, any of them that are caught flogging them on eBay should be barred from ever getting one again.
Amen.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Anyone know how the childrens tickets will be allocated for hurling replay

ck

To add to this discussion.. I know of a county player from my own club who openly told everyone after last years final that he got 500 euro for his two tickets. I for one was disgusted and still am.
I'm all for county lads being looked after but IMO they should not be given the tickets free of charge

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ck on September 20, 2012, 12:00:42 AM
To add to this discussion.. I know of a county player from my own club who openly told everyone after last years final that he got 500 euro for his two tickets. I for one was disgusted and still am.
I'm all for county lads being looked after but IMO they should not be given the tickets free of charge

Is this true?  I know that if you are a county player from one of the non participating counties you get tickets, but they arent free! Yes i agree that they shouldnt sell them on at a profit. Are you maybe referring to players from the paticipating counties?

tommysmith

I think there is a lot of fake bidding on the ebay tickets, i was bidding on a pair last night and the winning bid ended up at £2,500 and another pair ended at €1,340 i doubt anyone is paying that money for tickets.

emainmacha

Don't see this levy mentioned anywhere but may have missed it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-19645927

Personally I don't like this, ok it is expensive to run a county team but it is also expensive to follow one, and I don't think it is right that when the ball is at the County Boards foot  :P they take advantage by increasing the price of the ticket.
Although the money is going to upkeep of team, is there much difference from the tout making money on ticket?
And those supporters buying outside the County will not be paying this levy

clareman

Hurling related but sentiment applies to football too..

I'm a club member in Clare. I train teams, have held various positions on the club executive and do what I can for my club when I can. No more or less than thousands of others throughout the country.
Bar my club getting to a county final, the all Ireland final is the highlight of my year. It is a unique occasion in one of the most spectacular stadiums in the world. I go every year and I would defy anyone to tell me, or the thousands like me, that I shouldn't be there.

The system isn't perfect but it's damn good. Clubs get the vast majority of tickets and rightly so. The season ticket system, while not perfect, looks after the county supporter who goes to games all year round. Anyone else who supports their county consistently will automatically have a good base and contact list built up to source a ticket. You will see hardly any, if any, really genuine supporter not source a ticket at some stage.

Just my tuppence worth!

Aristo 60

Although the money is going to upkeep of team, is there much difference from the tout making money on ticket?

- Yes I would see plenty of difference between an individual making money for personal gain and the county board taking money for what in their elected eyes is for the collective good.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: clareman on September 20, 2012, 11:04:46 AM
Hurling related but sentiment applies to football too..

I'm a club member in Clare. I train teams, have held various positions on the club executive and do what I can for my club when I can. No more or less than thousands of others throughout the country.
Bar my club getting to a county final, the all Ireland final is the highlight of my year. It is a unique occasion in one of the most spectacular stadiums in the world. I go every year and I would defy anyone to tell me, or the thousands like me, that I shouldn't be there.

The system isn't perfect but it's damn good. Clubs get the vast majority of tickets and rightly so. The season ticket system, while not perfect, looks after the county supporter who goes to games all year round. Anyone else who supports their county consistently will automatically have a good base and contact list built up to source a ticket. You will see hardly any, if any, really genuine supporter not source a ticket at some stage.

Just my tuppence worth!
i agree 100% with this.
you always hear the stories this time of year about joe Bloggs who follows the county to every game ,national league and everything, but isnt a member of a club and cant get a all ireland final ticket.
while this may happen occasionally, i would say that it is rare and these people are in the a minority
for the most part if you are a regualar follower of your county, you will get a ticket.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

The GAA are probably in a position now that there is only two games each year that will be complete sell outs - the actual finals themselves.

This is only going to lead to problems for the finals as people prior to this game will have easy access to tickets be it through clubs or through their local super valu. Season tickets offer non club people a solution.

I'd have sympathy for clubs trying to sort out tickets for their members, players, sponsors etc ete. It would be a largely thankless task and I just hope that they do so as transparently as possible.

Fear Boirche

Quote from: emainmacha on September 20, 2012, 10:34:35 AM

Personally I don't like this, ok it is expensive to run a county team but it is also expensive to follow one, and I don't think it is right that when the ball is at the County Boards foot  :P they take advantage by increasing the price of the ticket.

Down County Board did this two years ago, suppose you can't blame them on trying to make a bit of money off the back of it. There were a few grumbles at the time, but they still sold all their tickets, so clearly most people weren't bothered.

Bingo

Quote from: Fear Boirche on September 20, 2012, 11:38:09 AM
Quote from: emainmacha on September 20, 2012, 10:34:35 AM

Down County Board did this two years ago, suppose you can't blame them on trying to make a bit of money off the back of it. There were a few grumbles at the time, but they still sold all their tickets, so clearly most people weren't bothered.

I'd be totally against this type of levy and Money done it in the past for Ulster final tickets and the like. By all means they have to raise funds and I'd support that but when they have people by the short and curlys and enforce it on people, i take exception. By all means work something round it but make it optional - like a raffle, draw or something and I'm sure if its clear that it is for players fund/training/holiday etc you'd find that majority would support it. Its just increasing price of tickets and thats not right.

One option is that Croke Park build this into the existing price and a €5 of each ticket goes back to the competing county in addition to what they get already - this is to offset additional and substantial costs that come with an ireland final run.