Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Donegal, Armagh are two of five teams with unbeaten record across the four divisions (Down,Westmeath,Laois the others)

Donegal are the 3rd top scoring team in the league 4-78 (90) scored and only Down 10-78 (108) and Dublin with 6-81 (99) have scored more

Armagh with the best defence 0-52 and only team in the league that hasn't conceded a goal yet.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Down and Cavan motoring well this year, 2 teams who were awful against us in. Ulster last year. I'd say Cavan will give us a much tougher test in the league next week and (assuming both win their first game) Down will be a lot tougher opponents this year as well.

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 07, 2024, 02:58:38 PMDown and Cavan motoring well this year, 2 teams who were awful against us in. Ulster last year. I'd say Cavan will give us a much tougher test in the league next week and (assuming both win their first game) Down will be a lot tougher opponents this year as well.

Based on their results Down seem to have improved and I expected them to get out of division 3 this year. They are really a divison 2 team and should be able to consolidate there next year. I think they will have been focussed on an Ulster semi final against Armagh from the start of the season so that could be a tricky enough fixture but still should be one that Armagh ought to win. 

I felt Cavan might have struggled to stay up in divison 2 at the outset but they have done very well so far under new management. It's not often that a player can move immediately into management having sat in a dressing with those players for years in the way that Galligan has done. He has been without a few stalwarts and the age profile of the side wouldn't appear to be that great either so he has got some very good results despite that.       

Itchy

Cavan 2-13 Armagh 0-16

First part of the double secured

Dreadnought

Quote from: Itchy on March 09, 2024, 05:31:36 PMCavan 2-13 Armagh 0-16

First part of the double secured
Class result for the lads, showing the hard work being done. Have gone up a division and not looked out of place at all

Blowitupref

A surprise Armagh v Cavan isn't live on BBC this weekend.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

statto

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 11, 2024, 02:42:40 PMA surprise Armagh v Cavan isn't live on BBC this weekend.
What game do they have on this weekend?

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 11, 2024, 02:42:40 PMA surprise Armagh v Cavan isn't live on BBC this weekend.
Just on iplayer is it?

Maybe they have Tyrone and Monaghan, its a huge game as well.

imtommygunn

It's not on iplayer. I think they picked the big ones up front and probably wouldn't have predicted this would be as important as it is.

Antrim - Tipperary hurling is on saturday which tbh isn't going to be pretty going by current form  :o

Blowitupref

Quote from: statto on March 11, 2024, 03:43:12 PM
What game do they have on this weekend?

Antrim v Tipperary in Hurling.

Saturday Galway v Dublin is on RTE.  Tyrone v Monaghan on TG4

Sunday Roscommon v Kerry and Mayo v Derry live on TG4.  They also have Westmeath v Down on the TG4 app.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 11, 2024, 04:06:57 PMIt's not on iplayer. I think they picked the big ones up front and probably wouldn't have predicted this would be as important as it is.

Antrim - Tipperary hurling is on saturday which tbh isn't going to be pretty going by current form  :o
Good to see Antrim hurling getting shown but on what planet was that ever going to be a meaningful game?

yellowcard

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 11, 2024, 07:27:15 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 11, 2024, 04:06:57 PMIt's not on iplayer. I think they picked the big ones up front and probably wouldn't have predicted this would be as important as it is.

Good to see Antrim hurling getting shown but on what planet was that ever going to be a meaningful game?

They were scheduled to show Fermanagh v Armagh last week but when this was postponed they were quickly able to reschedule at short notice to show Cavan v Meath instead. So I'm sure if the will was there, they could easily show Armagh v Cavan which would generate much more interest.

But I don't expect it to happen as they will have to fill their quota of hurling fixtures.

dec

With Armagh Cavan not being televised is there likely to be a radio commentary available anywhere?

Itchy

Quote from: dec on March 14, 2024, 04:32:15 PMWith Armagh Cavan not being televised is there likely to be a radio commentary available anywhere?

Northern Sound will have it anyway

illdecide

Will Armagh expect their biggest crowd for this years league for tomorrow's evenings game?. Maybe Sat @5 will not suit a lot of people...not sure, it also gives a wet day too so hard to know but i'd imagine there'll be at least 10k there.
My biggest concern about the game is the wet slippery pitch and this could well play into Cavan's hands who look to be the bigger more physical team. It will be more slippery than heavy as the AG pitch is usually in good condition and plays quite hard rather than on the soft side which is good.

Prediction time...

Meath v Cork (Meath by 3pts)
Louth v Fermanagh (Draw)
Armagh v Cavan (Armagh by 2pts)
Kildare v Donegal (Donegal by 5pts)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch