Quote from: charlieTully on March 10, 2013, 05:06:21 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 10, 2013, 05:03:36 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on March 10, 2013, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: fearsiuil on March 10, 2013, 04:34:15 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on March 10, 2013, 04:05:21 PM
Quote from: fearsiuil on March 10, 2013, 03:45:01 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 10, 2013, 03:02:41 PM
Caf's nose broken. Pure dirt.
Was disgraceful, full frontal as Cafferkey concentrating on catching a high ball. He jumped in without a hope of playing the ball. A real coward's tackle. This from Laverty who was shouting at the linesman before this looking for protection when nobody touching him. A yellow card given by Coldrick for a dangerous high tackle, joke.

quit your f**king yapping, proper order after the abuse dished out in croke park last year, what goes around comes around.
That was a bating of a different sort in Croker last summer.  ;)
Am I suppose to gloss over the fact that the little runt Laverty went in and broke a fellow's nose when he had no hope of getting the ball ?? As I said, a coward's tackle. You standing over the "tackle" ?
if anyone knows about taking batings in croke park its mayo people ;)

Dished one out to you boys when it mattered though

and went on to win nothing, as usual.

Still hammered you boys. Do you want to keep doing this or do you want to try to explain what you meant by your "proper order" comment?

it means i dont care that his nose is broke. i am partial to a bit of revenge and i am glad for him. there you go.

Tubberman

Quote from: charlieTully on March 10, 2013, 05:18:50 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 10, 2013, 05:14:56 PM
Was disgraceful, full frontal as Cafferkey concentrating on catching a high ball. He jumped in without a hope of playing the ball. A real coward's tackle. This from Laverty who was shouting at the linesman before this looking for protection when nobody touching him. A yellow card given by Coldrick for a dangerous high tackle, joke.

quit your f**king yapping, proper order after the abuse dished out in croke park last year, what goes around comes around.
Am I suppose to gloss over the fact that the little runt Laverty went in and broke a fellow's nose when he had no hope of getting the ball ?? As I said, a coward's tackle. You standing over the "tackle" ?

Still hammered you boys. Do you want to keep doing this or do you want to try to explain what you meant by your "proper order" comment?

it means i dont care that his nose is broke. i am partial to a bit of revenge and i am glad for him. there you go.

Revenge for what? You sound like you could be one of the Down people who assualted a Mayo supporter last night.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

fearsiuil

I'll waste no more time with this sporting spirited legend.

grounded

Quote from: Tubberman on March 10, 2013, 05:20:37 PM

Revenge for what? You sound like you could be one of the Down people who assualted a Mayo supporter last night.

Was in the stand last night and didn't see any trouble whatsoever. Where did the assault take place?

Tubberman

Quote from: grounded on March 10, 2013, 05:52:18 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 10, 2013, 05:20:37 PM

Was in the stand last night and didn't see any trouble whatsoever. Where did the assault take place?

I didn't see it either to be honest, it was tweeted by @clubmayo
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

grounded

Lavery's tackle/charge was definitely dangerous play but I don't think he intended to break the full backs nose. There was a few other head high tackles throughout the match one in particular on mc Commiskey that could have cause him injury, but again i don't think the Mayo player set out to deliberately hurt him.
             As to the game itself, Mayo dominated midfield and I would say had majority of possession, but just couldn't score. They had at least three outright goal chances. They badly missed Andy Moran who would have buried a few of those chances and killed the game off. Saying that, the Down defence didn't open up like the Red Sea as in Croker last year. The difference in the two teams was Donal O hare, who prob missed one score all night.   

Mourne Rover

Cafferkey is a fine full back and real Down supporters will wish him a speedy recovery from his broken nose. There were some hefty tackles on all sides last night, although it was certainly not a dirty game, but no one with any dgnity would gloat over an injury to an opponent.

ardtole

I would have to agree with you 100% mourne rover.

muppet

Quote from: Mourne Rover on March 10, 2013, 06:51:33 PM
Cafferkey is a fine full back and real Down supporters will wish him a speedy recovery from his broken nose. There were some hefty tackles on all sides last night, although it was certainly not a dirty game, but no one with any dgnity would gloat over an injury to an opponent.

+1
MWWSI 2017

Pangurban

Sorry to hear about Cafferys Nose, good footballer. To allege that this was in any way deliberate on Lavertys part is merely sour grapes and totally without any substance. There were some hard and even questionable hits from both sides in the course of the game, but overall it was played in good spirit with no malice.

From the Bunker

Hope Cafferkey is alright! Very disappointing to see some posters gloating at such an injury and speaking of it as revenge for the hiding their county got last August. The only quantifiable revenge for me in any sport is on the Scoreboard. Anyway, that was semi achieved by Down last night so enjoy that and don't lower your standards by condoning dangerous play.