Down v Mayo, Sat 9th March, Páirc Esler - Newry

Started by Farrandeelin, March 03, 2013, 10:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

western exile

Lar, we know you meant Maurice Fitzgerald v. Dublin 12 years ago.
Praise indeed, to young Donal O'Hare who is improving now in his second season

Tubberman

I wasn't that bothered by the Dublin defeat, they are flying and were much fitter, even though we should have done much better against 14.
But last night was disappointing. We were level with 5 mins to go and really should have pushed on and won the game. It's very disappointing to lose games that are within our grasp. Down were no great shakes either. We had two early goal chances, we should have at least had a shot from one of them, but both were punched over.
Long aimless ball into the corners was again a poor use of our possession, but we did much better in midfield than against Dublin.
It's a feature of this team that they go long period's without any score, they are always making things hard for themselves, playing catch up, and lately they haven't been able to do that and see it out.
Still, there were positives - midfield was much better, Carolan did very well (which I wasn't expecting based on previous week) and Keegan was excellent.
McLoughin seems a bit lost in this league - he's not getting on the amount of ball he did last year. I don't know if this is because he was put in the corner and lost his mojo or that he is being targetted by the opposition, didn't seem to be the case last night.
With Dillon, Cillian and Andy to come back, the fowards should improve further. The quality of ball into them will need to be much better as well though, or we'll get the same results. A lot of ball was lost/given away by Vaughan and Barrett last night i thought.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

fearsiuil

Quote from: ballinaman on March 10, 2013, 03:02:41 PM
Caf's nose broken. Pure dirt.
Was disgraceful, full frontal as Cafferkey concentrating on catching a high ball. He jumped in without a hope of playing the ball. A real coward's tackle. This from Laverty who was shouting at the linesman before this looking for protection when nobody touching him. A yellow card given by Coldrick for a dangerous high tackle, joke.

charlieTully

Quote from: fearsiuil on March 10, 2013, 03:45:01 PM
Was disgraceful, full frontal as Cafferkey concentrating on catching a high ball. He jumped in without a hope of playing the ball. A real coward's tackle. This from Laverty who was shouting at the linesman before this looking for protection when nobody touching him. A yellow card given by Coldrick for a dangerous high tackle, joke.

quit your f**king yapping, proper order after the abuse dished out in croke park last year, what goes around comes around.

ballinaman

Quote from: charlieTully on March 10, 2013, 04:05:21 PM

quit your f**king yapping, proper order after the abuse dished out in croke park last year, what goes around comes around.
You're a pleasant fellow aren't you?

fearsiuil

That was a bating of a different sort in Croker last summer.  ;)
Am I suppose to gloss over the fact that the little runt Laverty went in and broke a fellow's nose when he had no hope of getting the ball ?? As I said, a coward's tackle. You standing over the "tackle" ?

SHEEDY

Quote from: fearsiuil on March 10, 2013, 04:34:15 PM

Am I suppose to gloss over the fact that the little runt Laverty went in and broke a fellow's nose when he had no hope of getting the ball ?? As I said, a coward's tackle. You standing over the "tackle" ?
if anyone knows about taking batings in croke park its mayo people ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

charlieTully

he jumped into him, he didnt intentionally break his snout, shit happens, get over it.

fearsiuil

Quote from: charlieTully on March 10, 2013, 04:42:08 PM

he jumped into him, he didnt intentionally break his snout, shit happens, get over it.
Initially you said proper order for abuse dished out last year in Croke park; now you say shit happens. No place on a football field for that crap. Ref bottled it.

Tubberman

Quote from: SHEEDY on March 10, 2013, 04:39:47 PM

Dished one out to you boys when it mattered though

charlieTully

Quote from: Tubberman on March 10, 2013, 05:03:36 PM

and went on to win nothing, as usual.

Tubberman

Quote from: charlieTully on March 10, 2013, 05:06:21 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 10, 2013, 05:03:36 PM

and went on to win nothing, as usual.

Still hammered you boys. Do you want to keep doing this or do you want to try to explain what you meant by your "proper order" comment?

Tubberman