62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: stew on February 26, 2018, 10:48:27 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 26, 2018, 07:19:31 PM
Quote from: Targetman on February 25, 2018, 10:09:18 PM
Good to get a win today and not concede a goal, the reaction from Broony when tackled by about 4 sheep men was priceless, Hail Hail!!
In the middle of this article there's a video snip of his reaction to the reckless assaults, it was priceless.
I think there were 3 red card challenged in there including booting the ball straight at him with full force.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43196946

Lashing the ball at him with him on the ground was cowardly, the same sc**bag that did it claimed racism against another player and it got turfed out because he made it up, that b**tard should be done up like a kipper the next time they play with about two minutes left and the game already won, I hope he is.

Shay Logan and he claimed it against Tonev.  Tonev got banned

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/16/aleksandar-tonev-loses-appeal-racist-insults-celtic

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 27, 2018, 09:49:40 AM
Quote from: stew on February 26, 2018, 10:48:27 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 26, 2018, 07:19:31 PM
Quote from: Targetman on February 25, 2018, 10:09:18 PM
Good to get a win today and not concede a goal, the reaction from Broony when tackled by about 4 sheep men was priceless, Hail Hail!!
In the middle of this article there's a video snip of his reaction to the reckless assaults, it was priceless.
I think there were 3 red card challenged in there including booting the ball straight at him with full force.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43196946

Lashing the ball at him with him on the ground was cowardly, the same sc**bag that did it claimed racism against another player and it got turfed out because he made it up, that b**tard should be done up like a kipper the next time they play with about two minutes left and the game already won, I hope he is.

Shay Logan and he claimed it against Tonev.  Tonev got banned

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/16/aleksandar-tonev-loses-appeal-racist-insults-celtic
Tonev was guilty, he admitted using the racist abuse phrase that he was accused of, but had claimed he didn't understand what the words meant.
Tonev fully deserved his punishment.

bannside

Arsenal allegedly chasing Brendan Rodgers to replace Wenger.

illdecide

Quote from: bannside on February 27, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

tony will not be happy either way :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Targetman

stew

Arsenal would be a brilliant fit for him given the way he lkes to play, I think he really needs a strong, defensive minded number two he will listen to, he is a fantastic coach of attacking players but defensively he is not that great and could use a hand in my opinion.

I could see him in that job and would hope he did well, that said we will see, I hope he stays at Celtic in the summer but if he won the triple two years in a row and made the CL group stages 2 years in a row, what more can he do at Celtic Park?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

MoChara

Quote from: stew on February 28, 2018, 11:03:50 PM

Arsenal would be a brilliant fit for him given the way he lkes to play, I think he really needs a strong, defensive minded number two he will listen to, he is a fantastic coach of attacking players but defensively he is not that great and could use a hand in my opinion.

I could see him in that job and would hope he did well, that said we will see, I hope he stays at Celtic in the summer but if he won the triple two years in a row and made the CL group stages 2 years in a row, what more can he do at Celtic Park?

Unless he wanted to cement his place in history with completing the ten in a row, but somehow I don't see him hanging around for another 4 seasons.

ned

Quote from: MoChara on March 01, 2018, 09:01:36 AM

Unless he wanted to cement his place in history with completing the ten in a row, but somehow I don't see him hanging around for another 4 seasons.

At least every few pages! FFS.
The man is a multimillionaire, he has already managed two of the biggest clubs in European football, he is still in his forties, he is in no rush to go anywhere. Stay at Celtic for ten, leave a lasting legacy, already had a record breaking season. Double treble is very much on. Plenty more to come. Then he will have twenty odd years elsewhere if he wants. Give it a f**king rest.

bannside

Balls Ned.

The man lost a wee bit of credibility at Liverpool. Went to Celtic and got it back. He wants to be in the EPL make no mistake about that and no amount of him being a Cetic supporter as a boy will change that.

As well as this BR will see it the opposite as you do. Off to EPL where he can realistically mount a challenge for European honours. Maybe in the next ten years switch clubs a time or two, and you know what. Back to Celtic in his early 50s where he wont even need an interview. Wind himself up there till hes 55.

Sorry...I only support one soccer team and that's Celtic but BRs ambitions go further than that. He won't be at Celtic Park next season.

tonto1888

Quote from: bannside on March 01, 2018, 03:58:22 PM
Balls Ned.

The man lost a wee bit of credibility at Liverpool. Went to Celtic and got it back. He wants to be in the EPL make no mistake about that and no amount of him being a Cetic supporter as a boy will change that.

As well as this BR will see it the opposite as you do. Off to EPL where he can realistically mount a challenge for European honours. Maybe in the next ten years switch clubs a time or two, and you know what. Back to Celtic in his early 50s where he wont even need an interview. Wind himself up there till hes 55.

Sorry...I only support one soccer team and that's Celtic but BRs ambitions go further than that. He won't be at Celtic Park next season.

Not one bit of this is based on anything other than what you think. Rodgers will be at CP next season. And the season after

bannside

Well tbh Brendan didn't exactly tell me this himself. But I stand by what I say having spoken to him on numerous occasions in the not too distant past. And more recently to a couple of his brothers. Is that a bit better for you?

If he is at CP next season I will be pleasantly surprised. And if so the three years will do him because make no mistake he hankers to be back in EPL.

tonto1888

Quote from: bannside on March 01, 2018, 04:16:13 PM
Well tbh Brendan didn't exactly tell me this himself. But I stand by what I say having spoken to him on numerous occasions in the not too distant past. And more recently to a couple of his brothers. Is that a bit better for you?

If he is at CP next season I will be pleasantly surprised. And if so the three years will do him because make no mistake he hankers to be back in EPL.

I guess we shall wait and see

ned

Perhaps you are "in the know" bannside, maybe that's bs. I'm going by what BR has said numerous times himself. If what you say is true then I will have lost a lot of respect for him unless circumstances behind the scenes have changed drastically.

stew

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2018, 04:17:03 PM
Quote from: bannside on March 01, 2018, 04:16:13 PM

I guess we shall wait and see

If he wins the treble again and wants to leave because he believes he needs a new challenge I would be fine with that and understand it, I would say that I hope he is honest about his reasons for leaving, he is capable of talking awful shite at times but if it comes to that I would hope he ould be genuine.

If I were him and my stock was high given what he has accomplished at Celtic I would probably want a new challenge to if, and only if, the board was not giving me the money to compete at the next level, i.e European football, Celtic should never pay one penny more than they can afford but if I am BR I am upset that I cannot sign better players because of financial constraints when the club is loaded.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

MoChara

Quote from: ned on March 01, 2018, 01:41:49 PM
Quote from: MoChara on March 01, 2018, 09:01:36 AM

At least every few pages! FFS.
The man is a multimillionaire, he has already managed two of the biggest clubs in European football, he is still in his forties, he is in no rush to go anywhere. Stay at Celtic for ten, leave a lasting legacy, already had a record breaking season. Double treble is very much on. Plenty more to come. Then he will have twenty odd years elsewhere if he wants. Give it a f**king rest.

Calm your jets we're all just speculating including you.

f**k all to do with being a millionaire, a highly motivated person like Brendan Rodgers has a personality type that needs to be challenged, now hes on course to win double trebles and completed a season unbeaten, basically everything that there was a chance of him winning. I'm not sure entering Europe every year with only a punchers chance will be enough of a draw to keep him about.

I reckon he will stay again next season but you're full of hot shite if you believe when a top spot comes up in the next 2 -3 years he'll not be very tempted. Nothing to stop him over his 20 odd years else where to come back either.