Samsung Galaxy S4 versus Nokia Lumia 9300

Started by AZOffaly, October 16, 2014, 02:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Hi Lads,

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. My old blackberry is clapped out, and I'm putting in a req for a new smartphone as Blackberries are not provided by the company any more. It looks like I have two choices, the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Nokia Lumia 9300.

Now I love my iPod and iPad mini, and I love my apps etc, TuneIn Radio, NFL Gamepass, ESPN Scorecentre, etc etc, so apps wouldn't necessarily be a huge factor in this decision. So basically things like 'Is it actually a good phone', access to email, internet browser, battery life, wifi etc would be important to me.

Has anyone any experience of either of these, and especially of comparing the two? Any recommendations before I click submit?

magpie seanie

I have an S4 mini for the last year and a bit and it's comfortably the best phone I ever had. I really have no complaints. The missus dropped it and cracked the screen and I've been meaning to get it fixed but it hasn't annoyed me enough to get me to do it. Grand phone.

No idea about the Nokia.

Tony Baloney

I'll second the Samsung. Missus is getting the 4 this weekend as she loved the 3. She loves a bargain too so isn't prepared to pay for the 5.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 16, 2014, 03:34:39 PM
I'll second the Samsung. Missus is getting the 4 this weekend as she loved the 3. She loves a bargain too so isn't prepared to pay for the 5.

inches? Be difficult for you to stretch to a six I'd imagine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general

both myself and the girlfriend changed from apple to Samsung this year. unbelievable difference. certainly cheaper.

my girlfriend got this deal on the Samsung s5. No upfront cost and not bad at 26.50 p/m

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/samsung-galaxy-s5-v420f-fconb?affiliateId27684&portal=AWIN&promo=27684

i went for the note 3 earlier this year. i love it, fantastic phone, i wanted a big phone rather than a small one as i am clumsy and drop phones, however this one has yet to hit the ground.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/mobile-phones

money supermarket can search for every deal possible, its very good. I wouldn't look past a Samsung though, i'm past the stage of paying a premium for an apple device. On my Samsung i can watch free sky sports, movies etc on apps that dont work on apple. Modbro app is good for sports, then there is show box for movies and tv programmes

i dont know much about the lumia sorry

Norf Tyrone

I'd echo the support for Samsung. Very good phone that does everything I need, and probably much more as well.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Subbie

Do not under any circumstances get a Nokia lumina 9300.

I have one for work and it's a brutal phone.

Good camera and that's about it.

Everything else about it is just clunky, terrible terrible phone.

gallsman

Not a fan of the Galaxy range but would definitely take it ahead of any Lumia.

pullhard

muppet

Quote from: pullhard on October 17, 2014, 04:15:22 PM
how do their battery lifes compare

Is this another present for the girlfriend question?
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

I've a Lumia as a work phone. Hard to get to grips with early on but grand once you give it a chance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea