Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2015, 09:31:06 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 08, 2015, 09:29:42 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2015, 09:23:46 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 08, 2015, 09:20:58 AM
There seems to be an assumption that the Dubs should be allowed to do as they please before during and after games and everyone should lay rose petals at their feet

What happened? It's certainly being portrayed as if there is one innocent party here, and one aggressor. If it was as described in the media, it's an absolute disgrace.

You seem like a man of the world az - how likely is it that there was an inexplicable premeditated assault before throw in in an intercounty challenge match? What's in the media is causing a whole lot of bemusement among those who were at the game - which I was not - and there was a fair crowd at it I believe.

That's more or less what I was saying in my previous post. If there was a fair crowd, how come a counter report is not out there?

I would imagine because further action is coming down the tracks in whatever form that may take

SimonSays

that report sounds a bit made up....Why no comment from Dublin county board or Management, they would surely be in complete uproar....there must be more to this story than meet the eye (no pun intended). none of us really know what happen but isnt it usually the case the 2 of them were niggling and the Dub lad got a thump . The lad def doesnt deserve those type of injuries thats just wrong. and for all we know there could be an Armagh man nursing some wounds too.  untill Dublin County board speak or indeed Armagh board. i dnt think we can be sure.....wish Davy Byrne a speedy recovery.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Estimator on July 08, 2015, 09:26:33 AM
Just read this report on the incident

Dublin footballer, Davy Byrne, is recovering having suffering serious facial injuries in a challenge match against Armagh last week.

It is understood that Byrne went to shake hands with his marker, who subsequently pulled Byrne's jersey over his head and landed several blows to the head.

Byrne is believed to have suffered a broken jaw,nose and fractured his eye socket.

He is expected to have no part to play in this Sunday's Leinster Final against Westmeath as a result.
Oviously i wasnt there and didnt see what went on, but i would find it very hard to believe that the above happened, especially at IC level.

If that is what happened, was the offending player sent off?
Did Dublin still go ahead and play the game even though one of their players was subject to such an unprovoked assault prior to throw in?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jinxy

Dublin footballer, Davy Byrne, is recovering having suffering serious facial injuries in a challenge match against Armagh last week.

It is understood that Byrne went to shake hands with his marker, who subsequently pulled Byrne's jersey over his head and landed several blows to the head.

Byrne is believed to have suffered a broken jaw,nose and fractured his eye socket.

He is expected to have no part to play in this Sunday's Leinster Final against Westmeath as a result.

Where did you read it?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Jinxy on July 08, 2015, 09:35:20 AM

Where did you read it?

All reports i can find seem to reference the EH
http://www.herald.ie/sport/gaa/davey-byrne-released-from-hospital-after-breaking-eye-socket-31356502.html
Hasta la victoria siempre

SimonSays

how can there be a fair crowd at a behind closed door match?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 08, 2015, 09:36:03 AM

Where did you read it?

All reports i can find seem to reference the EH
http://www.herald.ie/sport/gaa/davey-byrne-released-from-hospital-after-breaking-eye-socket-31356502.html

Sorry, just realised.

The bolded bit above does not appear in the linked Herald report (or it has subsequently been edited) and a google search of the text only returns 2 hits, both from gaaboard
Hasta la victoria siempre

DuffleKing

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2015, 09:31:06 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 08, 2015, 09:29:42 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2015, 09:23:46 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 08, 2015, 09:20:58 AM
There seems to be an assumption that the Dubs should be allowed to do as they please before during and after games and everyone should lay rose petals at their feet

What happened? It's certainly being portrayed as if there is one innocent party here, and one aggressor. If it was as described in the media, it's an absolute disgrace.

You seem like a man of the world az - how likely is it that there was an inexplicable premeditated assault before throw in in an intercounty challenge match? What's in the media is causing a whole lot of bemusement among those who were at the game - which I was not - and there was a fair crowd at it I believe.

That's more or less what I was saying in my previous post. If there was a fair crowd, how come a counter report is not out there?

With due process and fairness to all involved in mind, who would contemplate propagating hearsay and a biased version of events at this point? We'll leave that to the dubs sure. The conjecture on the character of the Armagh team and management based on that tells it's own story about the rights and wrongs of that approach.

There was an inter county referee handling what was an official challenge match so i'm sure the usual appraisal will ensue.

SimonSays

am i right in saying that all these challenge matches have to have official referees and reports will have to be made.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: SimonSays on July 08, 2015, 09:40:24 AM
am i right in saying that all these challenge matches have to have official referees and reports will have to be made.
Yes, even at club level that is the case
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Estimator

Where did you read it?

https://beanbagsports.com/#post/18834
Ulster League Champions 2009

SimonSays

Beanbagsports sounds legit lol

Jinxy

If it's good enough for 'Beanbagsports', it's good enough for me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

screenexile

Surely somebody on here was at the match?

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the Armagh lads did do something to lay down a marker but look we've no proof.

How did the game go anyway?

AZOffaly

Quote from: screenexile on July 08, 2015, 10:02:10 AM
Surely somebody on here was at the match?

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the Armagh lads did do something to lay down a marker but look we've no proof.

How did the game go anyway?

In fairness a broken jaw, nose and eye socket would be more than laying down a marker! All hell must have broken loose if this really happened as described.