Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on July 08, 2015, 03:36:36 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 08, 2015, 03:14:23 PM
Players don't go around punching others for no reason. My theory is that verbals were said. Do people really believe an Armagh player just started throwing punches unprovoked?

Do you get punched often?

Not often enough by the look of things!!

Sidney

Strange how the woman who posted that online video about domestic violence yesterday gets such wide praise but the most important thing as far as some GAA people are concerned is to keep the identity of the offending Armagh player a secret at all costs.

Feckitt

Do we know for definite that it is an Armagh player who attacked Davey Byrne?

screenexile

Quote from: Feckitt on July 08, 2015, 04:30:50 PM
Do we know for definite that it is an Armagh player who attacked Davey Byrne?

He might have done it to himself for all we know. . . they said it happened before the game so maybe it was his Missus gave him a few boxes before he left the house!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Sidney on July 08, 2015, 04:27:03 PM
Strange how the woman who posted that online video about domestic violence yesterday gets such wide praise but the most important thing as far as some GAA people are concerned is to keep the identity of the offending Armagh player a secret at all costs.

Not a fair comparison. Neither Dublin nor Armagh have made any statement about this. It has leaked out through the Herald. There's not any detail about who started it, what the circumstances were or anything. And today the GAA are apparently saying they are *not* launching an investigation which is very strange.

illdecide

Was the player you lot are trying to frame for this even on the field of play as I've heard his name mentioned and as far as I was concerned the fella is an injury doubt for Sunday and he didn't play in last Championship game so doubt he even lined out against the Dubs
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Jinxy on July 08, 2015, 03:36:36 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 08, 2015, 03:14:23 PM
Players don't go around punching others for no reason. My theory is that verbals were said. Do people really believe an Armagh player just started throwing punches unprovoked?

Do you get punched often?

Never because I don't participate in any verbals or unsportsmanlike behaviour. I shake my opponents hand, never say a word, score 1-5 or 6 off him, shake his hand when the games over and then make my way off the pitch delighted with my days work.

Brick Tamlin

I wonder does Jamie Bryson know what happened.

SimonSays

i heard that there was a shootout before the game the armagh boys were behind one dugout and the dubs behind the other a dublin lad said cover me , made a run for behind the goals and tripped and hit his head off the post....probably this never happened but also alot of what is said on here also did not happen.

Sidney

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2015, 04:39:25 PM

Not a fair comparison. Neither Dublin nor Armagh have made any statement about this. It has leaked out through the Herald. There's not any detail about who started it, what the circumstances were or anything. And today the GAA are apparently saying they are *not* launching an investigation which is very strange.
The Gardai apparently didn't want to know about the incident with the woman, so I'd think it's quite a fair comparison. A man was named in the media  (or at least the information released made it extremely easy to find out his name) and this was widely praised.

Quote from: illdecide on July 08, 2015, 04:39:34 PM
Was the player you lot are trying to frame for this even on the field of play as I've heard his name mentioned and as far as I was concerned the fella is an injury doubt for Sunday and he didn't play in last Championship game so doubt he even lined out against the Dubs
If you mean McKeever, his is not the name I've read in connection with it.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Thats some media play if ever there was one

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 08, 2015, 05:49:23 PM

Thats some media play if ever there was one

What do you mean?

LCohen

didn't realise there was a separte thread. On the Galway v Armagh thread there is more of this idea that "it takes 2 to tango" etc.  As if that reduces the guilt of the player that did this.

What could have happened that would alter the fact that those injuries could only have been incurred via serious assault?

OK there could be more than one guilty party but there definitely must be at least one. Time for the truth.

I can't think of any other sport that would gloss over this or hush it up. We should be wetting the bench mark not the scum line on these things. 

Beffs

Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 08, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
Most of us can tell what happened here. The lad from Ballymun started it with the usual verbals, the Armagh player hit a few digs and then there was a bit of a scurmish. It's unfortunate that it has resulted in nasty injuries but we need to sort out the mouthing in the game.

A player was left with a broken jaw, a broken nose & a fractured eye socket & you seem to think that sorting out verbals should be the main priority here? Jeez, I love what passes for logic in your world.  ::)

Throw ball

Quote from: Beffs on July 08, 2015, 10:54:19 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 08, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
Most of us can tell what happened here. The lad from Ballymun started it with the usual verbals, the Armagh player hit a few digs and then there was a bit of a scurmish. It's unfortunate that it has resulted in nasty injuries but we need to sort out the mouthing in the game.

A player was left with a broken jaw, a broken nose & a fractured eye socket & you seem to think that sorting out verbals should be the main priority here? Jeez, I love what passes for logic in your world.  ::)

I do not think anyone is condoning the inflicting of injury on another player. But verbals have to be dealt with too. Suggesting it doesn't is ignoring the effect that this bullying has on some people. We do not know if there were verbals in this case but to flippantly ignore the effect verbals can have shows a lack of understanding of the effect they can have on the mental health of a vulnerable person.