Davy Byrne

Started by The Hill is Blue, July 08, 2015, 09:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Sure get Bernstein and Woodward on the case.
That's just, like your opinion man.

smelmoth

Quote from: Armamike on July 25, 2015, 08:11:59 PM
Sure get Bernstein and Woodward on the case.
Or sweep it under the carpet? Surely you have enough imagination to think they might not be the only 2 options?

LCohen

Quote from: smelmoth on July 25, 2015, 07:00:56 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 23, 2015, 08:08:36 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 23, 2015, 07:58:12 PM
The Armagh and Dublin county boards have until Monday to challenge the proposed fines handed down to them by the Central Competitions Control Committee for the incident which left Dublin's Davey Byrne with serious facial injuries.

Each county has three working days to call for a hearing and challenge that proposal, but it remains unclear which course of action either will take. The GAA are unable to comment on proceedings until they are concluded and a figure for the fines imposed remains unconfirmed.

All sounds a bit "rug, rug, sweep, sweep" to me.

So the county boards are getting fined for a brawl but no player is punished for misbehaving...
Does anybody know ehat the fines are for?

Fines for both sides indicates findings of wrong doing on both sides.

The fine cannot be for the incident. Nobody could stand over a system that says box the face off some lad and we will fine your county board.

The implication is therefore that the 2 sides have been fined for not complying with the investigation. If this is case then someone should come out and say it as the 2 sides should face the public ridicule that goes with such a finding
has there been anything in the media that outlines what the offence is?

The Hill is Blue

I'm sorry I started this !!
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

yellowcard

€10,000 fines for both counties for an incident at a challenge match is ridiculous. For Dublin it's probably the price of their pre-prepared meals for the month but for Armagh it's a heavy blow, in fact the size of the fine is unprecedented as far as I know. GAAMaking up the rules as they go along again.

Syferus

In fairness ye didn't get fined for dumping your bus toilet outside Athleague GAA two years ago so it's not like you haven't snuck the other side of the hammer at times..

nrico2006

Quote from: yellowcard on August 04, 2015, 06:03:51 PM
€10,000 fines for both counties for an incident at a challenge match is ridiculous. For Dublin it's probably the price of their pre-prepared meals for the month but for Armagh it's a heavy blow, in fact the size of the fine is unprecedented as far as I know. GAAMaking up the rules as they go along again.

How have Dublin been fined the same amount as Armagh?  Didn't hear about any Armagh players left in a state as bad as your man Byrne. 

As for the GAA, the fines they dream up are a disgrace when you consider its an amateur sport.  Just interested in the money.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

illdecide

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2015, 06:11:17 PM
In fairness ye didn't get fined for dumping your bus toilet outside Athleague GAA two years ago so it's not like you haven't snuck the other side of the hammer at times..

Jasus sweet Christ will u ever let that go FFS ::). Poison.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 05, 2015, 08:35:19 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 04, 2015, 06:03:51 PM

How have Dublin been fined the same amount as Armagh?  Didn't hear about any Armagh players left in a state as bad as your man Byrne. 

As for the GAA, the fines they dream up are a disgrace when you consider its an amateur sport.  Just interested in the money.

a made up scenario: player a  punches player b a couple of times, hitting him on the forehead, player b retaliates and hits player a flush on the jaw and breaks it. Do we fine player player b's county more because there was more damage?

Sidney

By Niall McCoy
ARMAGH attacker Eugene McVerry is today undergoing surgery in the Ulster Hospital for a suspected broken jaw following an incident in a club game last night.

McVerry, who leads the Mullaghbawn attack, suffered the injury early in the second half of their intermediate league clash with Clann Eireann and immediately left the pith and went to hospital.

A Clann Eireann player also suffered serious facial injuries during the game. One player from each side, not including McVerry, was sent off with Clann Eireann eventually running out comfortable winners.

- See more at: http://gaeliclife.com/2015/08/armagh-player-suffers-suspected-broken-jaw/#sthash.0urxVxIT.dpuf

Clinker

Quote from: Sidney on August 06, 2015, 01:35:53 PM
By Niall McCoy
ARMAGH attacker Eugene McVerry is today undergoing surgery in the Ulster Hospital for a suspected broken jaw following an incident in a club game last night.

McVerry, who leads the Mullaghbawn attack, suffered the injury early in the second half of their intermediate league clash with Clann Eireann and immediately left the pith and went to hospital.

A Clann Eireann player also suffered serious facial injuries during the game. One player from each side, not including McVerry, was sent off with Clann Eireann eventually running out comfortable winners.

- See more at: http://gaeliclife.com/2015/08/armagh-player-suffers-suspected-broken-jaw/#sthash.0urxVxIT.dpuf

But how did a Dublin player get to be playing in an Armagh Championship game? Though Kieran McGeeney did play for Na Fianna in Dublin before so the reverse must be possible.

muppet

By Niall McCoy

"armagh-player-suffers-suspected-broken-jaw"

That is a crap headline.

McVerry Sore! - would be far better.
MWWSI 2017

Throw ball

Quote from: muppet on August 07, 2015, 06:46:29 PM
By Niall McCoy

"armagh-player-suffers-suspected-broken-jaw"

That is a crap headline.

McVerry Sore! - would be far better.

Good one.

I must admit though I had to read the last line out loud to get the full effect!