Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 31, 2016, 12:07:41 PM
The trouble is that is is impossible to get a  time slot that really suits everyone, from the guys with young families, to the students or the fellas travelling home from dublin or where ever from work
I would say though that over the summer most players would be more than happy to play the games on a Friday or Saturday evening rather than a Sunday.
I can just hear the gurning that would be done if it was introduced. This diktat from them boys up in Garvaghey , no thought given to boys that work saturday / farmers that have to milk, etc.

Under Lights

Quote from: Quarterback on May 31, 2016, 10:00:43 AM
Please can they Tyrone county board change fixtures to mid week or Friday nights.  For the older man who has family its difficult to spend a complete Sunday away whilst leaving the wife at home minding children.  This issue is driving so many older men out of our games.  Any thoughts on this

There are only two lads with kids currently playing in my club at the moment. A 36 year old (playing senior) and myself (playing reserve). I only train once a week as herself indoors works evenings. I'm on the senior panel though but an odd time I have to give it a miss as could mean about eight hours away from the two nippers.

I had actually retired this season due to this but was coasted back out on the week of the league- obviously I want to play sport but difficult as you say. I see other counties play their reserve game a separate night. Would be ideal.

stpauls

when i played in the Down league, Senior games were on a Friday night, with the reserve matches played on a Sunday evening. worked really well in my opinion.

Club boi

Last Sunday Our Senior team had -

2 players over the age of 30
2 players who are a parent

Young single man's game now I'm afraid

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Club boi on May 31, 2016, 09:32:23 PM

We had a father AND a son playing the full 60 minutes for our seniors on Sunday past! Beat that!

:-)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rock n Roll

Quote from: hardstation on May 31, 2016, 11:01:49 PM

Or people get married and have kids later in life now.

Our senior and reserve games were played at 1pm and half 2 last Sunday and i thought it was an improvement. Left an extra hour in the evening to spend with family or do whatever.

Still don't think there would be much appetite from CCC to change from the 2.15/3.45 slots.
If in doubt...get 'er out!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: redzone on May 31, 2016, 12:30:38 PM
Dromore v carmen should be on Sunday evening at 7. Standout fixture this weekend

How's it a standout  :-\

Dromore and flying whilst carrickmore are struggling.

Dromore by 7

redzone

Yes xmas lights Carmen appear to be struggling. Lost 4 games, errigal beat them well the first day thou it was level up to carrickmore when a man down. Clonoe beat them by a point, augher won by a goal (Carmen the better team app) and they ran trillick till a point at the weekend. I expect a good game, I'll call it a draw

Who was sent of that day again errigal?

time ticking away

Killyclogher vs Coalisland should be a good game. two teams who appear to be going well
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Tommo2

Quote from: time ticking away on June 02, 2016, 08:29:41 PM
Killyclogher vs Coalisland should be a good game. two teams who appear to be going well

It has been fixed for 7pm on Saturday.

TabClear

Seniors Is. Although I think players look to play longer now in the reserves though.  Used to be senior players just retired whereas now a lot more are happy to drop down to reserves if it means still playing. Course that might depend on what level you are playing at.

Oghams Law

Quote from: Quarterback on May 31, 2016, 10:00:43 AM
Please can they Tyrone county board change fixtures to mid week or Friday nights.  For the older man who has family its difficult to spend a complete Sunday away whilst leaving the wife at home minding children.  This issue is driving so many older men out of our games.  Any thoughts on this

Couldn't agree more. Even if half of each clubs league games each season were midweek or friday nights it would be a massive help. Not playing all games at the same time on a sunday would also increase revenue from gates at matches.

bogball88

Quote from: Rock n Roll on June 02, 2016, 02:25:08 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 31, 2016, 11:01:49 PM

Or people get married and have kids later in life now.

Our senior and reserve games were played at 1pm and half 2 last Sunday and i thought it was an improvement. Left an extra hour in the evening to spend with family or do whatever.

Still don't think there would be much appetite from CCC to change from the 2.15/3.45 slots.

Was that not for Bruce ?  ;) ;)

The Golden Years

Really looking forward to seeing the minor final tonight.  If its anything like the league final last week then it should be a real clinker of a battle.  Not sure what  ardboe will bring to the table as i missed the league playoff between the two teams but from what i heard there wasn't much between the two teams as that score line suggest. Our minors and u14s have brought a new lease of energy about the club and hopefully we can have something to celebrate tonight.  Good luck to all involved.

driveherin

Wasn't too far away last week Leenie!!!!

Coalisland V Killyclogher by 1/2
Augher V Trillick by 1/2
Dromore by 3/4 V Carrickmore
Eglish by 1/2 V Edendork
Greencastle V Ardboe by 2/3
Kildress V Errigal by 5/6
Clonoe by 3/4 V Galbally
Strabane V Omagh by 7/8