McKenna takes a major swipe at Galway

Started by Owen Brannigan, July 26, 2018, 07:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Owen Brannigan

Yes BennyHarp, another thread on the ruination of the game!

Duine Eile

At least he didn't call us fancy dans, that would really have hurt. Also, who is Eoin Brannigan?

Mayo4Sam14

Headline should read more like this:

Journalist struggling for relevance attempts to make up a sensationalist article in search of relevance

** See Bernard Flynn for further study
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 26, 2018, 07:41:44 PM
Ewan McKenna has taken a fair shot at the gamesmanship of Galway and points to Paddy Tally as a factor in changing the nature of Galway's game.
The nature of Galway's game has changed since Kevin Walsh became manager, Tally only fine tuned things this year. The watershed moment for their county board was that heavy 2013 defeat to Mayo.

trailer

McKenna hates everything, everything is shite, hates life, hates himself. A nothing journalist, a cod, a fool.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

trailer

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2018, 10:26:38 PM
He hates you now.

He can join the queue. Kimmage is giving me loads on the other thread as well lol!

Main Street

I thought it a good article and reflected my exact thoughts about the Flynn sending off and also about the red card for Fintan Kelly in Monaghan's league game. At the time I thought it was farcical that the high tackle combined with a late deliberate hit on Kelly was ignored but focus went on Kelly's (alleged) retaliation which was enhanced by some Galway player in apparent agony on the turf.
In both those examples the refs had seen everything and chose their actions with deliberation.  There's a blatant dysfunction with refereeing of such incidents and Galway are exploiting it to some effect.

Duine Eile

There was nothing alleged about it, Kelly kicked Gary O'Donnell and deserved his red.

Syferus

Quote from: trailer on July 26, 2018, 10:30:58 PM
He hates you now.

He can join the queue. Kimmage is giving me loads on the other thread as well lol!

Literally all but maybe two people don't agree with you.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Lord Linnane of Ballinderreen  said years ago that you win nothing without a few tinkers. Is any of this stuff new? Kilkenny and Mayo recently had extensive ball winning skills.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

dublin7

Quote from: Syferus on July 27, 2018, 04:04:24 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 26, 2018, 10:30:58 PM
He hates you now.

Literally all but maybe two people don't agree with you.

It must be tiring trailer carrying around that chip on your shoulder all the time.

He does have a point though that if  officials see 2 lads pulling out of each other they almost always take the easy out way out and hand out 2 yellow cards. A lot of the time it's players trying to make a run, being held and they end up in tussle through no fault of their own. It's way too easy for a player to get his marker booked in the GAA.

sid waddell

Who is Declan McCurry?

Is he anything to Darren McClure?