Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 13, 2018, 11:58:11 AM
Quote from: Gold on June 13, 2018, 12:57:55 AM
Booking flights to Faro with the woman in late July

Both enjoy the beach and the craic but not magaluf style mania (i will save that for the next boys trip)

Never been to Portugal...any recommendations/no goes?

Alvor. Lovely relaxed town with one of the best baches in The Algarve.

Love Algarve.

Alvor, Armecao de Pera, Lagos all lovely. We're heading to Lagos ourselves in July for 10 days. Looking forward to it.

JoG2

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 14, 2018, 11:50:46 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 13, 2018, 11:58:11 AM
Quote from: Gold on June 13, 2018, 12:57:55 AM
Booking flights to Faro with the woman in late July

Both enjoy the beach and the craic but not magaluf style mania (i will save that for the next boys trip)

Never been to Portugal...any recommendations/no goes?

Alvor. Lovely relaxed town with one of the best baches in The Algarve.

Love Algarve.

Alvor, Armecao de Pera, Lagos all lovely. We're heading to Lagos ourselves in July for 10 days. Looking forward to it.

Great part of the world. Love the Linda beach bar in Lagos, plenty of room out front to keep young ones occupied while the grub is being prepared  ;D

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 14, 2018, 08:38:07 AM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 14, 2018, 07:51:19 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 14, 2018, 07:02:25 AM
Anyone ever done Norway? Thinking of doing 3-4 days road tripping and hiking around the fjords. Flying to Bergen.

Also heading to Bergen in July followed by Oslo and Stockholm.

Had booked to fly to Bergen via Oslo but SAS have cancelled the flight and now flying to Stockholm then Oslo before heading to Bergen next day. A bit of a pain as we could have taken second flight directly to Bergen.

Good stuff OB. Are you doing the fjords?

Intend doing the tour in Bergen via train to Flam and then return by boat to Bergen, so should see something of them.  And probably take a boat tour from Bergen.  There is also the nearby mountain which can be reached by the funicular train.  Heading to Oslo from Bergen via train, an almost 7 hour journey which takes you across the whole of mid Norway.

JimStynes

In Sardinia here at the minute. The best beaches I've ever been on. Stunning scenery.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on June 14, 2018, 02:18:16 PM
In Sardinia here at the minute. The best beaches I've ever been on. Stunning scenery.

Half term?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

galwayman

Which part are you staying in Jim? It looks fantastic in Google Images anyway  :)
Is it expensive in general to eat out?

JimStynes

Quote from: galwayman on June 14, 2018, 02:43:32 PM
Which part are you staying in Jim? It looks fantastic in Google Images anyway  :)
Is it expensive in general to eat out?

Flying in and out of Olbia, rented a car and heading to San Teodoro, Cala Gonone, Stintino and Porto Cervo. We are here for 17 nights. It's not like any of the other beaches I've to before around Europe. Looks more like the Caribbean. Apparently June and September are the best time to go with the best weather, less crowds and cheaper than July & August.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2018, 02:32:12 PM

Half term?

Nope! Rough time of late so I'm off school and not going back until September.

I like the sounds of Rois trip to the Dolomites followed by Lake Garda.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on June 14, 2018, 03:50:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2018, 02:32:12 PM

Half term?

Nope! Rough time of late so I'm off school and not going back until September.

I like the sounds of Rois trip to the Dolomites followed by Lake Garda.

Then we'll deserved!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on June 12, 2018, 11:30:53 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 12, 2018, 11:26:53 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on June 12, 2018, 10:41:01 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 12, 2018, 10:38:03 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on June 12, 2018, 08:57:58 AM
Anyone ever get a speeding ticket abroad? Got a fine sent in the post yesterday from May of last year in France. Lucky I can read French or I wouldn't have had a clue what it meant, they are looking 180E from me or 144E if I pay within 30 days. What do you reckon, ignore it?

Were you in your own yoke or a rental?

I've read that in the case of Italy the fine has to be issued within a year, perhaps something the same exists in France.

In a rental. Must look into that year thing, the year had definitely passed anyway.

In some cases, the rental company will just charge your credit card anyhow.

€144??? Robbing b**tards!!

Was in France 2 weeks ago and got the flash driving back to the airport in the rental car. My wife nearly collapsed she seemed to think the police would come for some strange reason!!

Anyway that's put me in bad form now surely they can't enforce a speeding ticket over here? Might just have to wait for Brexit then they can whistle!!

That's a sound strategy right??

Checked the post this morning and lo and behold I had not one but TWO fecking tickets! French hoors I owe them €90  :'(

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on June 15, 2018, 12:09:27 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 12, 2018, 11:30:53 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 12, 2018, 11:26:53 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on June 12, 2018, 10:41:01 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 12, 2018, 10:38:03 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on June 12, 2018, 08:57:58 AM
Anyone ever get a speeding ticket abroad? Got a fine sent in the post yesterday from May of last year in France. Lucky I can read French or I wouldn't have had a clue what it meant, they are looking 180E from me or 144E if I pay within 30 days. What do you reckon, ignore it?

Were you in your own yoke or a rental?

I've read that in the case of Italy the fine has to be issued within a year, perhaps something the same exists in France.

In a rental. Must look into that year thing, the year had definitely passed anyway.

In some cases, the rental company will just charge your credit card anyhow.

€144??? Robbing b**tards!!

Was in France 2 weeks ago and got the flash driving back to the airport in the rental car. My wife nearly collapsed she seemed to think the police would come for some strange reason!!

Anyway that's put me in bad form now surely they can't enforce a speeding ticket over here? Might just have to wait for Brexit then they can whistle!!

That's a sound strategy right??

Checked the post this morning and lo and behold I had not one but TWO fecking tickets! French hoors I owe them €90  :'(

Yous are on your holidays, would you ever chill out and slow down a bit!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Don Johnson

I don't suppose anyone would know the typical sale cycle for Royal Caribbean cruises? I know they often release kids sail free cruise packages, just wondering what time of the year they normally do it?

Don Johnson

What would be the closest beaches to Letterkenny?

JoG2

Quote from: Don Johnson on June 22, 2018, 02:10:42 PM
What would be the closest beaches to Letterkenny?

Inch, Ludden, Lisfannon, Ned's out the Derry Rd, Posrtsalon, Ballymastocker, Rathmullan, Kinnegar out the Milford Rd.20 - 30 odd mins

Boycey

Portsalon is one of the best beaches I've been on anywhere in the world...