New Jerseys?

Started by Farrandeelin, September 22, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: God14 on November 09, 2023, 01:56:05 PMHappy enough as well with the Tyrone jersey, but ONeills people could do more. like all the new O'neills jerseys now have this crew neck. Derry Donegal Down & Tyrone

Why not differentiate and mix about more? Derry jersey looked far better with a collar imho.

Its been like this for a long time, all a bit samey - template jobs
Think they go on what each county requests. Most tend to stay pretty conservative. Counties get the final say. New knitted collar on these New Jersey's that look good imo.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Eire90

i couldnt wear a jersey with a sponsor on it unless i am giving one for free and i wear in the house.

marty34

Quote from: God14 on November 09, 2023, 01:56:05 PMHappy enough as well with the Tyrone jersey, but ONeills people could do more. like all the new O'neills jerseys now have this crew neck. Derry Donegal Down & Tyrone

Why not differentiate and mix about more? Derry jersey looked far better with a collar imho.

Very true.

Just seems a lot of the same with all the jerseys.

Shorts, training tops and leisure gear are all the same. O'Neills have the market and seem to want to keep all the counties' gear the same - easier for them I suppose.

Mc Keever has Armagh obviously, and Leitrim I think. Azzuri has Waterford.

Any other different company's?

I see more competition with clubs' leisure gear, with a lot of different companies involved in that nowadays. O'Neills don't seemed as bothered with that.

Funny in the 6 counties, O'Neills has a load of big stores but in the 26 counties, they seem to sell their stuff through the sport's shop.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: marty34 on November 09, 2023, 06:58:49 PM

Very true.

Just seems a lot of the same with all the jerseys.

Shorts, training tops and leisure gear are all the same. O'Neills have the market and seem to want to keep all the counties' gear the same - easier for them I suppose.

Mc Keever has Armagh obviously, and Leitrim I think. Azzuri has Waterford.

Any other different company's?

I see more competition with clubs' leisure gear, with a lot of different companies involved in that nowadays. O'Neills don't seemed as bothered with that.

Funny in the 6 counties, O'Neills has a load of big stores but in the 26 counties, they seem to sell their stuff through the sport's shop.

Know a person working in the Strabane factory of Oneills, they where saying that the templates are just what Adidas soccer and rugby jerseys have come out with, added with a bit of custom designs/patterns (county colours etc.)

I don't particularly care who or what they copy or plagiarise but charging £55 for a ripped of bigger brand for a garment that must only cost around £10 to put on the shelf is abit shite - but I suppose its the 'Guaranteed Irish' thing that is pushing the price up

donelli

Just looked at oneills county tops for christmas presents for the kids. cant get over the prices, they are criminal.
€75 for a hoody to fit the 14 year old. €60 for the 9 year old!

bennydorano

Club gear and Armagh gear used to be sort of extras in our Christmas presents, too dear to be that these days

marty34

Best thing to do is go into 'bargain basement' section and get them a few jerseys and zippies etc.

I think O'Neills are still making the older style jerseys this past 6 years.  They seem to churn them out in the 'bargain basement' section and make them a clean fortune.

snoopdog

Can get gaa tops in shootjersey.vip for 25 euro. Not sure on quality though colours might be hit and miss. The soccer jerseys are top notch though.

Brendan

The warehouse clearances they do can be better value for money if the kids are young enough to not realise they aren't the most up to date gear

JoG2

Quote from: snoopdog on November 13, 2023, 07:47:37 PMCan get gaa tops in shootjersey.vip for 25 euro. Not sure on quality though colours might be hit and miss. The soccer jerseys are top notch though.

That'll help keep jobs in the North West

marty34

Quote from: JoG2 on November 13, 2023, 08:07:21 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on November 13, 2023, 07:47:37 PMCan get gaa tops in shootjersey.vip for 25 euro. Not sure on quality though colours might be hit and miss. The soccer jerseys are top notch though.

I think the issue is price.

O'Neills are ripping people off is the common preception.

Eire90

do o neils claim to be community hero types.

snoopdog

Quote from: marty34 on November 13, 2023, 10:53:21 PM

Oneills gear I believe is made in Asia.So they could be doing kits a lot cheaper than they are. The only saving grace they are forn2 seasons not like the soccer 1 season kits.

marty34

Quote from: snoopdog on November 14, 2023, 08:32:07 AM

Oneills gear I believe is made in Asia.So they could be doing kits a lot cheaper than they are. The only saving grace they are forn2 seasons not like the soccer 1 season kits.

They're getting more and more each year. Training gear, 'away' jerseys etc.

Kids like them and wear nothing else. O'Neills have done well marketing them but they're expensive.

In saying that also, kids get good tandem out of them.

trueblue1234

Quote from: snoopdog on November 14, 2023, 08:32:07 AM

Kits are all made in Ireland. And all fabric is made in Ireland.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit