Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I haven't said anything about boxing, I'm merely contesting absolute statements made by you and Tony.

Is golf a worldwide sport? Huge numbers in Africa? China? India? Golf is an elitist sport that 99% of the world's population will never have access to.

Does that disqualify McIlroy from potentially being the best Irish sportsman ever? Not at all. Same logic for Taylor, Shefflin etc.

Milltown Row2

A quick look on google shows Europe has 4.4 million registered golfers.

Over 2 million in Uk playing soccer

And roughly 300,000 playing GAA in Ireland (second to soccer)

Boxing in the uk has 755,000 boxing in clubs

There's only one global sport really, and being top of that tree would assume the best

So well done Roy

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

Personally I find Women's boxing abit boring due to the lack of knockouts

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tintin25 on November 15, 2020, 12:39:36 PM
Personally I find Women's boxing abit boring due to the lack of knockouts

I beg to differ

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Im away to knock one out

:o

BennyHarp

This could be an interesting fight if it happens.

Canelo Alvarez 🇲🇽 (53-1-2, 36 KO's) has agreed a fight with unbeaten British Callum Smith 🇬🇧 (27-0, 19 KO's) to unify the WBA Super Middleweight world titles in Texas in December.

Source - ESPN
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Smith v Canelo, be interesting to see both men properly challenged. Smith has as much a chance as anybody has versus Canelo.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 17, 2020, 11:37:11 PM
Smith v Canelo, be interesting to see both men properly challenged. Smith has as much a chance as anybody has versus Canelo.

Which is to say not much unfortunately. I'd thought for a while that a Super Middle fight against Smith would really test him but the power he showed against Kovalev removed any doubt for me about how it would go.

nrico2006

Quote from: gallsman on November 18, 2020, 10:51:22 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 17, 2020, 11:37:11 PM

Which is to say not much unfortunately. I'd thought for a while that a Super Middle fight against Smith would really test him but the power he showed against Kovalev removed any doubt for me about how it would go.

Kovalev was on the slide though, but he was impressive in how he dealt with Kovalevs best punches and his power was enough to knock Kovalev out so late in the fight.

I watched Wilder speak earlier and he finally seems focused on fighting someone else in January.  I wonder if the supposed mediation has happened in the US yet though?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Good fight but very disappointed in Dubois there!!

Doesn't look like he has the minerals...

gallsman

Decent fight but Joyce has no business near Fury or AJ. His size might keep him competitive Vs Usyk.

nrico2006

Dubois is a quitter, that cant be changed. He was never dragged out of his comfort zone until tonight and he couldn't hack it.  Similar to Joshua, with doubts still remaining over whether he is the same fighter as he was before losing to Ruiz. 

The scorecards were actually shocking.  I had Joyce ahead yet won of the judges had Dubois winning most rounds.

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on November 28, 2020, 11:59:44 PM
Decent fight but Joyce has no business near Fury or AJ. His size might keep him competitive Vs Usyk.

Agreed he is nowhere near the level of AJ or Fury. I don't even think he would get close to Usyk either. He is far too slow and cumbersome and Usyk would dance around him all night.

JimStynes

I want to see illdecide V Angelo next!!

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.