Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 09, 2021, 10:50:58 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 09, 2021, 10:26:17 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on February 09, 2021, 09:28:34 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 09, 2021, 09:24:02 AM
Khan actually really is dumb, still can't get over the Joshua accusations.  As for Kinahan, I'm sure that most of what is said is true but the argumentative side of me is saying that he has been convicted of nothing and if he really is what he is accused of being, then it shouldn't be too hard to prove, yet the authorities can't.

Jesus that's some logic. Why do you think he is never in Ireland ?! Why do you think he is in Dubai, that has no extradition agreement with Ireland ?

Is he never in Ireland at all?  I assumed that he was in Ireland frequently enough as there are no warrants out for his arrest.  I think he was even at the Regency Hotel on the day of the shooting too.

He was the target that day.

Thats my point, he does be in Ireland and is still a free man.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

He hasn't been in Ireland since 2016. He was in Spain 2017 and Dubai ever since that. The brother is there with him. They haven't left it because they can't.

The da is still in Spain I think enjoying retirement.

screenexile

Huge upset there Warrington poor from the start.

How the ref didn't call it in the 4th I'll never know!

the goal was on

Johnny nelson for once calling it spot on. Disgrace that was allowed to continue.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 14, 2021, 09:53:42 AM
Referee should have stepped in earlier alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Si1ino9jQ

In fairness he fought well enough in the 5th 6th and 7th rounds, up to the left hook in the 4th Warrington was on top.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Kiko Martinez getting shafted in the earlier fight was a great example of how boxing is so crooked in the UK.  Even Eddie Hearn was going apoplectic and it was his fighter that benefited, because he knows it hinders the chances of him bringing big fights to England in the future.

Louther

Framptons fight pulled due to a slight hand injury to Frampton. Seems very unlucky with these injuries close to fights.

Was speculation in last few days that Warren had struggled to get a TV deal in US and couldn't finance the fight purse as a result and a postponement was on the cards.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Louther on February 17, 2021, 11:21:36 PM
Framptons fight pulled due to a slight hand injury to Frampton. Seems very unlucky with these injuries close to fights.

Was speculation in last few days that Warren had struggled to get a TV deal in US and couldn't finance the fight purse as a result and a postponement was on the cards.

Think that's been 2 so far, there has been others that have been pulled by the other fighters in the past so unlucky or by design it's a lot of wasted training and commitment to a fight lost.

What's been Warrington's thoughts after his defeat? Would that have a baring on things or are they even the same weight?

JimStynes

Disappointing performance from Sean McComb there tonight. Was hoping he could be the next big thing for Irish boxing but not sure he'll get above British or European level on tonight's performance.

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on February 19, 2021, 11:00:50 PM
Disappointing performance from Sean McComb there tonight. Was hoping he could be the next big thing for Irish boxing but not sure he'll get above British or European level on tonight's performance.

Another hype job who stayed in the amateurs too long. Bad form seeing him actually quit, maybe the weight drop affected him but either way it was his call. Looking forward to Clark v Marku tonight then hope to see Kelly beat.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 20, 2021, 03:59:07 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 19, 2021, 11:00:50 PM

Another hype job who stayed in the amateurs too long. Bad form seeing him actually quit, maybe the weight drop affected him but either way it was his call. Looking forward to Clark v Marku tonight then hope to see Kelly beat.

Not sure if we will see too much more of McComb after this. Talented enough fighter but doesn't seem to have the desire for it. He's opening up a gym in Belfast and has a new baby so his head is obviously not in it.

JimStynes

JimStynes

Kelly stopped! Hype job. He looked good for most of the fight too.