Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: under the bar on June 10, 2018, 10:57:33 PM
Quote from: ck on June 10, 2018, 08:09:10 AM
I see the "nothing to see here brigade" are out in force!
Yet again Tyrone are stuck in the middle of disgusting behaviour. There's no excuse. Does ANYONE in Tyrone ever accept that they have a problem?
As Colm O'Rourke rightly said, this stuff follows them round like a bad smell.

I'd say the only thing Colm was smelling was how shit Meath and Armagh have been for the past decade....

ooh that hurt.
That's just, like your opinion man.

WT4E

Armagh officials attacking players - Armagh subs bench clearing onto the pitch to gang attacked Tyrones active players was absolutely disgusting sc**bag behaviour.

When an Armagh manager attacks and ends the game for an important Tyrone player and then they go on to win the game - its a hollow victory really!

Good Luck to Derry in the final.

Tyrdub

Firstly I wasn't at the match, I spoke to the missus' uncle who is a lifelong "never miss a match Tyronie", even he said Tyrone were at fault for the row, said they need to take a look at themselves.
but he did also say they should have won the match twice over

Under Lights

Quote from: WT4E on June 11, 2018, 09:54:14 AM
Armagh officials attacking players - Armagh subs bench clearing onto the pitch to gang attacked Tyrones active players was absolutely disgusting sc**bag behaviour.

When an Armagh manager attacks and ends the game for an important Tyrone player and then they go on to win the game - its a hollow victory really!

"THE MANAGER, THEY ARE HITTING THE MANAGER"

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on June 11, 2018, 10:06:29 AM

"THE MANAGER, THEY ARE HITTING THE MANAGER"

What was the manager doing on the pitch?

Most of these rows can be sorted fairly easily if everyone lived by the unwritten rule - anyone not playing stay off the pitch and let the players and ref sort it out. Once non players break the white line like Armagh did - its always chaos.

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: snoopdog on June 09, 2018, 11:31:09 AM
Quote from: longballin on June 09, 2018, 11:24:41 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 09, 2018, 10:20:10 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on June 09, 2018, 09:22:13 AM
Was there an issue over red cards and Armagh restarting with 15 in extra time?

From Damian Harvey on Twitter:

Lots of confusion around the eligibility of players in extra extra time. It appears that both teams resumed phase two with 15 players each. That shouldn't have happened.  Both phases are treated as one game. Not two new games. Replay anyone?

Or take the beating like men?
So no team was at a disadvantage? Why would a replay be required.

Armagh had 3 players sent off and tyrone 2?

naka

loving it
Armagh beating tyrone  and tyrone bleating all good.

The Bearded One

Naka, I don't think there is much room for gloating about a mentor hitting a 19 year old player?

Tyrone players certainly didn't cover themselves in glory before the game ended and played their part in inciting the fight with time wasting and general sh*tty behaviour to slow the game down...it came back to bite them.

Armagh deservedly won the game, however the actions of Martin McQuillan and indeed the emptying of the Armagh bench in waves cannot be laughed off as sour grapes.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Orior

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 11, 2018, 11:52:59 AM
Naka, I don't think there is much room for gloating about a mentor hitting a 19 year old player?

Tyrone players certainly didn't cover themselves in glory before the game ended and played their part in inciting the fight with time wasting and general sh*tty behaviour to slow the game down...it came back to bite them.

Armagh deservedly won the game, however the actions of Martin McQuillan and indeed the emptying of the Armagh bench in waves cannot be laughed off as sour grapes.

I agree. Irrespective of what Tyrone did or didnt do, the actions of the Armagh bench and mentors was shameful. As much as I want Armagh to win, I would not argue against whatever ruling the Ulster Council see fit.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

yellowcard

Quote from: Orior on June 11, 2018, 01:41:03 PM

I agree. Irrespective of what Tyrone did or didnt do, the actions of the Armagh bench and mentors was shameful. As much as I want Armagh to win, I would not argue against whatever ruling the Ulster Council see fit.

In fairness to the subs, they are all young lads and will take their lead from the management and most of it was just bravado pushing and shoving. That said it's never good to see subs running onto the pitch. The biggest regret was a member of the Armagh management team getting involved with 18-20 year old players, he should have known better and I'm sure it's something he regrets in hindsight. 

The Bearded One

Quote from: yellowcard on June 11, 2018, 01:59:25 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 11, 2018, 01:41:03 PM

In fairness to the subs, they are all young lads and will take their lead from the management and most of it was just bravado pushing and shoving. That said it's never good to see subs running onto the pitch. The biggest regret was a member of the Armagh management team getting involved with 18-20 year old players, he should have known better and I'm sure it's something he regrets in hindsight.

It is nice to discuss this sensibly without the finger pointing. The whole incident was not in keeping with what had been a very hard and fair game up to then. Some Tyrone players started time wasting/acting the b*llocks and the Armagh players were p*ssed off at this; the game looked like it was up and I suppose the anger manifested itself then. Neither team backed off and it became a mess.
It is what it is. Presumably.

screenexile

Quote from: thewobbler on June 09, 2018, 08:42:46 AM
99% of that melee was horseplay.

Blaming the stewards is out of order. They'll have been half a dozen local club members, not trained door staff.

Real blame lies in the culture in the GAA where players have historically felt that once 4 men are involved, the only honourable things is for everyone to get stuck in.

In fairness the GAA have taken steps to address that with their "third man in" policy this year. But by f**k it's goibg need implemented with iron force in every match, to help railroad this culture.

——

One further idea I would promote here is that the counties (and same in club games) involved are required by sanction to identify the names and addresses of anyone who jumps a fence; with a hefty punishment for not doing so of a four -figure fine and loss of points match.

GAA should then issue civil proceedings against every last person named.

Would be a horrible few years if adjustments and legal issues. But would be worth it in the end.

What percentage does a young lad getting a concussion account for in the melee??!!

What nonsense! This shit needs stamped out and while the instances of this kind of thing are diminishing unfortunately the smartphone era is thrusting these incidents way more into the public eye than they would have been previously which is a good thing because we need to see what happens so that we can stop it!

Hopefully both teams get the appropriate punishment for their behaviour!!

naka

Tyrone have lodged an appeal regarding both being allowed to play 15  during second half of extra time
As the rules don't allow it
But ffs if that is the rule they were hardly disadvantaged

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.